So, strict new rules for people arriving in the UK have been announced BUT.... | Vital Football

So, strict new rules for people arriving in the UK have been announced BUT....

Grayblade

Vital Football Hero
...as it stands at Heathrow, passengers are STILL arriving from SOUTH AFRICA and going straight through arrivals with just an advisory note handed to them. No other checks!

What the F*CK is wrong with us? Why do we have to wait until the new quarantine rules come in before getting our act together? What’s wrong with the goons in charge of Heathrow? Why wasn't the minister responsible involved and kicking ass?

There are not that many flights coming in right now, every one should be monitored to the nth degree and yet people are going through customs and out into the UK within 10 minutes and it’s taken a British citizen returning to blow the whistle. They’re saying that we ‘only’ have 120+ cases of the SA variant, there could be more than that evolve from one flight.

I despair sometimes. Something as serious as this and it seems that either jobsworths still rule or people are just to thick to grasp anything that doesn’t hit them in the ******* face.

Saw the journalsit interviewed on the news. If I was so concerned I'd have gone to the authorities at H/row, complained, ask for the recommended procedures to be carried out on myself and asked why they weren't being done.

If your priority is to run to the media, and you're from the media, then I become a tad more suspicious of the motives.

Having said that, it in no way excuses the lack of rigour at H/row but, as I know, the flight from Jo'burg gets in at circa 04.40 and you can't expect the team to be doing their job at that time of day, particularly when it's so,so cold and there are 1000's of people arriving at the same time- except that there aren't anymore.

There are normally plenty making you go through the electronic passport recognition system though, effectively putting their paper checking colleagues out of work soon.

IF the politicians are telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth re the kung flu then jail is the place for them. (and that's me being lenient)

...as it stands at Heathrow, passengers are STILL arriving from SOUTH AFRICA and going straight through arrivals with just an advisory note handed to them. No other checks!

What the F*CK is wrong with us? Why do we have to wait until the new quarantine rules come in before getting our act together? What’s wrong with the goons in charge of Heathrow? Why wasn't the minister responsible involved and kicking ass?

There are not that many flights coming in right now, every one should be monitored to the nth degree and yet people are going through customs and out into the UK within 10 minutes and it’s taken a British citizen returning to blow the whistle. They’re saying that we ‘only’ have 120+ cases of the SA variant, there could be more than that evolve from one flight.

I despair sometimes. Something as serious as this and it seems that either jobsworths still rule or people are just to thick to grasp anything that doesn’t hit them in the ******* face.
What the F*CK is wrong with us? I’ve been telling for over twelve month! It’s incompetence from the highest level. The buck stops there!!! 😉

What the F*CK is wrong with us? I’ve been telling for over twelve month! It’s incompetence from the highest level. The buck stops there!!! 😉

Behave. You wanted to make Corbyn PM - and we can see from his brother Piers how that would have gone. Promoting herd immunity and comparing the vaccine rollout to medical experiments in Auschwitz.

Last edited:

Not all of them, just the plant.

It might be difficult to understand but apparantly hotel chains aren't that bothered about getting involved in becoming 'vaccine hotels' at knock down rates. Now the end of Covid restrictions are in sight, they want to sell rooms at full price again to tourists. Hence there has been a big struggle to get enough rooms at a reasonable price to do this.

In the meantime the penalties for not being a good boy or girl in quarantine have been strengthened, and the Health Ministers announcement at lunchtime would tell you that Mandatory Quarantine starts Monday next. The AZ vaccine is effective against the SA strain, and so no panic is actually required. All of this information is freely available for anyone who doesn't want to lose their shit or blame the government for something else..

It might be difficult to understand but apparantly hotel chains aren't that bothered about getting involved in becoming 'vaccine hotels' at knock down rates. Now the end of Covid restrictions are in sight, they want to sell rooms at full price again to tourists. Hence there has been a big struggle to get enough rooms at a reasonable price to do this.

In the meantime the penalties for not being a good boy or girl in quarantine have been strengthened, and the Health Ministers announcement at lunchtime would tell you that Mandatory Quarantine starts Monday next. The AZ vaccine is effective against the SA strain, and so no panic is actually required. All of this information is freely available for anyone who doesn't want to lose their shit or blame the government for something else..
They already have got involved and agreed to be used for a fee. Brittania Hotels have provide rooms for illegals for a log time.

We are an independent, travel-loving country - closing the borders for a short while...ok..........but we need to find a way out of this. The virus isn't going to go away now, this year, or next year.

Do I want to spend the next 5 years stuck in the UK because I am not allowed to travel incase I catch a virus that I am not scared of..........no. Life goes on, I am more likely to die of many other things than Covid.

No doubt the tenbob brigade will blame it all on the Labour party cos Boris & his loons/goons never get owt wroing.:ROFLMAO:UTMPB

And whilst agreeing with or at least hopeful about most of that FKB, surely there is in no way on God’s earth that while we were fed the information that we have been about the SAV over the past 24 hours, people were entering the country from SA a d I assume other countries on the risk list virtually unchecked? The lady who blew the whistle went home in her own car to quarantine. Where did the test of her fellow passengers go?

Even if AZ prevents serious COVID-19 in the SA strain (and nobody knows for definite yet), all stories like this do is undermine public confidence and give the far left and the likes of the anti VAC brigade ammunition. It’s madness. Whether or not hotels are available or not right now is irrelevant, nobody should be able to enter this county from places where there are any high risk variants prevalent and simply be allowed to disappear into the populous clutching a piece of paper and a promise.

No doubt the tenbob brigade will blame it all on the Labour party cos Boris & his loons/goons never get owt wroing.:ROFLMAO:UTMPB
Just ask everyone to dress smart, cuddle a veteran and carry the flag.
That's a policy to revolutionise the world.

To paraphrase " A policy, a policy, my kingdom for a policy". Trouble with that is Smarmer wanted to abolish the monarchy and is never likely to be in charge.

Meanwhile.
Travellers from the UK, South Africa and Brazil are prohibited from entering Spain without a ten-day quarantine if they are not nationals, and exemption has not been granted for football games.

Real Sociedad v Man United in the EL will now be played in Turin, with no confirmation of a venue yet for Atletico Madrid v Chelsea in the CL.

Meanwhile.
Travellers from the UK, South Africa and Brazil are prohibited from entering Spain without a ten-day quarantine if they are not nationals, and exemption has not been granted for football games.

Real Sociedad v Man United in the EL will now be played in Turin, with no confirmation of a venue yet for Atletico Madrid v Chelsea in the CL.
I cannot see one viable reason for any football team, demestic or international, to be flying anywhere outside their own country during these times.

Continuing with the Euro's, across 12(?) countries is anather act of folly as are the Olympics- where we will have medal winners who might never have got close to qualifying in normal times.

Behave. You wanted to make Corbyn PM - and we can see from his brother Piers how that would have gone. Promoting herd immunity and comparing the vaccine rollout to medical experiments in Auschwitz.
Hi
I do hope the vaccine will have some kind of effect reducing the number of cases. Britain is on the news here on a regular basis with so many lives being lost. I heard this morning that they are going to make people quarantine if they have come from a hot spot in another country. Something that Britain should have done a long long time ago like we did here in Australia.

Australia- centre of the modern world, a transport hub at the heart of the world, a major, worldwide financial services sector industry based there or a large , mainly unpopulated island at the bottom of the world?
Wonder how much of their produce and equipment comes by truck or train from 21 miles away?

Normally had circa 25k tourist visitors a day in it's record year of 2019 whereas the UK has 250k daily in a normal year

Australia pop density 3.2 people per sq kilometre

England pop density 432 per sq kilometre.