Match Thread: Hull City v Lincoln City | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Hull City v Lincoln City

Poor display tonight. Slightly better second half but Never really settled. Happy to take a point but disappointed we didn’t take three. Having said that with no efforts on target, that was never going to happen. Getting very tight at the top now. Donny a point behind with two in hand and Peterborough pushing things on 49 and Pompey on 48.
Well the only shot on target was ours to be fair!

Good solid defensive performance neither keeper had much to do, centre halves again were outstanding and I like what I have seen of Poole been told he is class.

Happy with 4 points and two clean sheets from a couple of difficult away games.

Very happy with a point. In terms of looking like scoring we perhaps shaded it as Hull's shots at goal were even more off target than ours were.

Jackson and Walsh looked unbeatable yet again, so much so that I can't remember Palmer having to make a save.

I thought it was Rogers' best game so far.

Overall, it was the sort of game where you're quite happy when it's an away match, but would have been more critical if it had been at home.

According to Michael Appleton post match, Bridcutt went off because of calf trouble, while Edun also had been suffering some slight calf trouble and with Eyoma having been ill last week he took them both off so as to bring on fresh legs going forward .

Walsh and Jackson were superb, really forming an experienced and solid partnership. Can't see Monstma getting in at the moment, time for the young man to take it on the chin, suck it up and train the house down. We've never had 3 top quality centre halfs of their ability and the good thing is they are permanents who whatever division we can build from next season.

Simon Grayson is such a lovely man. Who would have thought it. What an inspired appointment.

It does remind me of old short legs quote,

"I'd rather have lucky generals than good ones."

If we cannot win, then the least our competitors can do is stuff up their chances to catch us.