Forest vs Wycombe sponsored by throwing good money after bad | Page 10 | Vital Football

Forest vs Wycombe sponsored by throwing good money after bad

Ron, we were lucky that we were playing Wycombe yesterday, after our goal it was all Wycombe in the first half, our midfield was over run. That they didn't score we owe it to our defense and thd crappness of their forwards.
I am not impressed by the odd nice pass, our midfield need to dominate and relieve the pressure on the defense and not almost every game we rely on Worrall and Co, and if any of the co makes a mistake he gets crucified.
Look at the second half yesterday, once we scored the second , Wycombe gave up and their heads dropped, we could pass the ball around.
Is Garner any better than Sow and or Yates? No he is not. If we have to play the Croat, then we need two beasts in midfield behind him or else , people are going to end up blaming Figi and Bong for their mistakes.

Yea i think its not clear yet. Garner and krovinovic look like they add some speed and an outlet in midfield, but can they do it against the better teams. Cafu did ok, yates is also suitable. Murray is clearly useful, even if he only makes the rest of this season.

Im still unconvinced by bong although he does appear marginally better the more he plays.

Overall, provided the team continues to focus, i think we should be ok but obviously we are hoping for much better than that.

Agree with bash, we are ready to go again against a better form team to see where we are.

Wonder if CH had a hand in this last lot of signings ?

Alledgedly he did. Has thanked the owner for support. But then again they all do. You do assume tho people like murray must have been CH. And yes, the implication is that CH has got his teeth into the job and perhaps is turning a corner.

Alledgedly he did. Has thanked the owner for support. But then again they all do. You do assume tho people like murray must have been CH. And yes, the implication is that CH has got his teeth into the job and perhaps is turning a corner.

Feel sure that you're right, it's long overdue. It's always defeated me how a manager is expected to a decent job with the players he inherits. Forest wouldn't be the only club in this sort of situation, but it's the only club I'm bothered about.

It’s taken a while , and we had no major new manager “ bounce “ when Chris Hughton first came in , but I can really see progress and what he’s trying to do here.

I hope the owners just give him a couple of seasons to do his job and assist him in doing so , he’s one of the few managers I trust and have confidence in to see this through to a successful conclusion.

Jesus, you need to get the nail clippers out

Ohhh you cut to the quick duck!

Actually I was glad you prompted me into fishing a couple of bottles out, there are some very nice craft beers over here in Ontario these days and the Winey Bastard is one of the best of those...and at 11% volume you only need a couple of bottles. Not sure if it's exported but I can certainly recommend a drop of the stuff!

Feel sure that you're right, it's long overdue. It's always defeated me how a manager is expected to a decent job with the players he inherits. Forest wouldn't be the only club in this sort of situation, but it's the only club I'm bothered about.

Certainly managers need time and some bits have been downright ugly. Remains to be seen tho if we can do it yet against the better clubs. One small ray of hope is that the table clearly shows half the clubs are at least as poor as each other.

Atm im hopeful and waiting to move into full blown optimism. But it is forest...

Ron, we were lucky that we were playing Wycombe yesterday, after our goal it was all Wycombe in the first half, our midfield was over run. That they didn't score we owe it to our defense and thd crappness of their forwards.
I am not impressed by the odd nice pass, our midfield need to dominate and relieve the pressure on the defense and not almost every game we rely on Worrall and Co, and if any of the co makes a mistake he gets crucified.
Look at the second half yesterday, once we scored the second , Wycombe gave up and their heads dropped, we could pass the ball around.
Is Garner any better than Sow and or Yates? No he is not. If we have to play the Croat, then we need two beasts in midfield behind him or else , people are going to end up blaming Figi and Bong for their mistakes.

Krov helps out he doesn't just float about, the reason they got a grip on the game after we scored we retreated deep again which meant we had no out ball. Second half they actually pushed up and went on the attack more and they hardly had a sniff, Garner and Cafu both playing good passes and winning the ball back more often than not. The other holding players all lack passing range which is part of our problem this season, Watson did it well last season and we hadn't replaced him.

Well, this summer he has a real chance as we are clearing a lot of loans and out of contract players. Which makes the Cafu signing all the more bizarre. The only real deadwood under contract (I think) would be Bong, Jenks, and we do need to move one of Arter, Colback or Cafu. Likely Arter.
Not sure we could afford Knocks, but you never know? Would we try and sign Krov to rotate with Brennan Johnson?

What weve proven is that if we play our best we can beat the bottom few so we shouldnt go down. Our passing has been SO bad that the 2 new lads were well odds on to improve that area for sure. So thats positives.
We still have a bunch of away games and the top 6 to play tho so Im not comfy yet by any stretch.

As folk have said, 2 or 3 signings at a time that are going to play in the first team is the normal way to progress and the folk responsible for signing all that crap the last 2 seasons, they really need to piddle off to Greece or whatever it is they think they know what they are doing.

Don't want Murray scoring too many tho incase CH decides to buy him again. :) I still havent heard what weve paid for this 6 months yet(?)

Well, I dont believe he knew Garner was coming as I touched on at the time. Murray, well, the world and our dogs knew about that one and I didnt see any other clubs offering a contract and CH didnt seem to come up with anything left field, a little gem he fancied somewhere, I mean we all have them right? We get Murray lol I aint being anti Murray, when we're fighting relegation then I accepted it for 6 months but its still funny

Well, I dont believe he knew Garner was coming as I touched on at the time. Murray, well, the world and our dogs knew about that one and I didnt see any other clubs offering a contract and CH didnt seem to come up with anything left field, a little gem he fancied somewhere, I mean we all have them right? We get Murray lol I aint being anti Murray, when we're fighting relegation then I accepted it for 6 months but its still funny

It's an irrefutable fact that Hughton knew Garner was signing, there's a video available and everything!

You need to understand the difference between a self-made fairy tale, and a fact.
The fairytale is a belief in a series of events cobbled together in your mind, and the fact that CH was involved in Garner's loan.

It's an irrefutable fact that Hughton knew Garner was signing, there's a video available and everything!

You need to understand the difference between a self-made fairy tale, and a fact.
The fairytale is a belief in a series of events cobbled together in your mind, and the fact that CH was involved in Garner's loan.