Today's Yes or No Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Today's Yes or No Thread

The worst I have seen of this is someone I know where him and his Mrs got it. Then his parents (in their 60s with underlying health issues) got it and it killed them both. Saw him last week and although he's passed the worst of the virus he looks and sounds like he has just run a marathon. It's a real nasty virus
it happened here also TIK. A hospital worker had to self isolate and was for one reason or another he was stopping at his parents who were both in their eighties. Both parents caught it and died within days of each other.

The worst I have seen of this is someone I know where him and his Mrs got it. Then his parents (in their 60s with underlying health issues) got it and it killed them both. Saw him last week and although he's passed the worst of the virus he looks and sounds like he has just run a marathon. It's a real nasty virus
There are members of this board who have passed or suffered serious illness over the years.

I myself lost a sibling in November 2019 and more importantly her three kids lost a mother.

I would have been pissed if the medical profession had insisted she took a flu test.

Sickness and death are part of life, I do not see bodies in the street.
People need to turn off their TV's and get a grip.

We are letting down the young and innocent.

Badly.

It's a difficult one in that do you vaccinate the most at risk first or those who are more likely to spread it ? To my mind I think we're rolling it out too slowly (probably because any quicker would cost more). Boots etc do the flu jab why isn't every compliant Boots store being used to implement Covid vaccinations ? Why isn't there a hub where there's a testing centre that's used for vaccinations ? Army medics or TA medics could have a van in every town centre ? There's roughly 66 million people in this country it's been 8 weeks since the vaccine was launched and there's about 6 million confirmed as being vaccinated . That's 775 thousand a week at current roll out rate so unless my maths is way off (entirely possible) that's a year and half to vaccinate the country.

It's a difficult one in that do you vaccinate the most at risk first or those who are more likely to spread it ? To my mind I think we're rolling it out too slowly (probably because any quicker would cost more). Boots etc do the flu jab why isn't every compliant Boots store being used to implement Covid vaccinations ? Why isn't there a hub where there's a testing centre that's used for vaccinations ? Army medics or TA medics could have a van in every town centre ? There's roughly 66 million people in this country it's been 8 weeks since the vaccine was launched and there's about 6 million confirmed as being vaccinated . That's 775 thousand a week at current roll out rate so unless my maths is way off (entirely possible) that's a year and half to vaccinate the country.
It's not difficult at all.
Vaccinate those who want it, the demand is not great.

GP Ammara Hughes - "we could easily vaccinate 500 a day, which would ease the pressure on the health service and we could get more and more people vaccinated quickly and hopefully get out of the pandemic"

If there are roughly 6,813 surgeries in the UK and they all have that capacity, that would be 3,406,500.00 vaccinations per day. With the UK population being around 67,000,000.00 that would equate to the population all having their first vaccination within circa 20 days. Add the additional clinics and hospitals that can administer vaccinations that should bring the number of days down significantly. Furthermore, you can reduce that figure further by removing children (11,759,000) who aren't eligible and those that do not wish to receive the vaccination.

So why are we not all getting vaccinated within the next few days? This pandemic could be over in a maximum of 3 months (with the second vaccination included) if this government wanted it to happen. Unless I'm missing something. In which case I am more than happy to be corrected.

"So why are we not all getting vaccinated within the next few days?"

Because they are having to sell the "pandemic" to millions of people OM

Imagine that, its like having to tell people to run from the zombies.

I will get it as soon as I can. I am 62 now and still working as a tutor in a small unit for kids who struggle with their learning/ behaviour. The unions are pushing for those in education to be jabbed at half term. I would be happy enough to do that.

Playing devils advocate, as it's a global pandemic, could the reason for the above mentioned short time framed vaccination programme not just be a question of logistics ? Could the manufacturers keep up with supply and demand ? Would the UK be at the top of any list as customers ? Or would other nations be entitled before the UK ?. Don't get me wrong I have had very similar discussions with my parents about why aren't there more facilities and why are they not operating 24 /7 .

"So why are we not all getting vaccinated within the next few days?"

Because they are having to sell the "pandemic" to millions of people OM

Imagine that, its like having to tell people to run from the zombies.
The demand is there P.M.
Maybe look a bit further in countries like Yemen & African countries,where folk are on their knees,literally.
The global politicians & businessmen will dictate where & when the vaccine gets distributed.
I'm 65 & have my sleeve rolled up & waiting but would prioritise our key workers,teachers,shopworkers,refuse collectors etc first.
I'm assuming by your posts you're declining?

I'll admit, I trust nowt and probably look too much into the negative side of everything. This mindset more than aided by a media that more than play their part in trying to sway our minds with what they want us to think rather than showing us stuff of importance.

Having said that, we've all had needles for one thing or another throughout our early lives with no-one so much as batting an eyelid as to what concoction we were getting plied with, so this vaccine shouldn't in theory but too much different to that.

The 2nd eldest is getting her first jab later today as she's in the vulnerable category and although she's shitting herself, she'll do it. We have doubts of course but if 11m or so have had theirs without much if anything coming out to say it's not safe, then it's probably daft of me to go against it.

Will I get mine, begrudgingly I will when my turn is due but some things still grate at the brain in that we're going through all this hassle, a year's worth of nigh on prison time, our lives pretty much turned upside down and there's not been one mention of repercussions of Billy and his bat in Wuhan. Trillions of pounds of world bother. Millions unemployed and many suicides on the back of it but we're just supposed to blame no-one and queue up for a sharp prick to continue living a new 'normal' life?

Rant over...

The demand is there P.M.
Maybe look a bit further in countries like Yemen & African countries,where folk are on their knees,literally.
The global politicians & businessmen will dictate where & when the vaccine gets distributed.
I'm 65 & have my sleeve rolled up & waiting but would prioritise our key workers,teachers,shopworkers,refuse collectors etc first.
I'm assuming by your posts you're declining?
It could be detrimental to my career if I was to answer that question in the negative Ry.
That's the kind of world we currently live in.

One concurs.
There are vicious, unfounded rumours circulating on social media, where a number of prominent doctors and scientists are claiming it's not even a vaccine.

They must be far right medical professionals as I have not seen them sitting on a sofa with Dr Hilary on my telly.

I'm confident Wiki will update their profiles to reflect their repugnant political beliefs.

Anyone on here with kids, good luck, and please do not believe the misinformation the authorities have on their own website stating that the vaccine is officially in trial until 2023.

Your children's sacrifices for other people's grannies makes absolute sense.

You will not escape lockdown until they have the numbers to make 'vaccines' mandatory.

Just know this, despite what the WHO announces, lockdowns are good for you and do not kill.

My armchair expert gran refused the jab, she misguidedly believes she has something called an immune system that keeps her safe.

Silly old girl, 92 years of life and she still does not get it.
Good job our leaders are hell bent on keeping her safe.

There are only one type of expert, specifically government sponsored ones.

Stay away from alternative news sources, stay near your telly and fact check everything on the numerous independent government sponsored debunking websites that have magically appeared to keep us straight.

Those aforementioned right wing experts have a lot to answer for.

Did I mention ?
There is only one expert, our government, use those armchairs for Sky and BBC news only.

Oh, and for drinking loads of beer!