Swindon Sheridan Roundabouts | Page 3 | Vital Football

Swindon Sheridan Roundabouts

Too many players hiding and not taking responsibility.

Swindon simply look so much more up for it than us.

Riot act needs reading at half time. I hope the Barhani's haven't watched last 2 games.

I genuinely believe we are much better than this. I think it’s a confidence thing. Just pass the bloody ball forward to feet!

Frig me palmer is playing like zidanne
I was quite chuffed to see him sign for us earlier this season based on my memory of him being a thorn in our side when us, Burton and Blackburn were challenging for this Division a few years ago.....but was underwhelmed with his performances for us and wasn’t at all sorry to see him go back.....trust him to find his Bloody mojo tonight !

Once again the keeper is blamed for the goal and yet no one criticises the defence for allowing the player a free header, which incidentally Jones saved but the follow up from an offside player was allowed to stand.

Whether their goal was offside or not doesn’t matter now. We really need to win this game and some of these players need to start performing

Whether their goal was offside or not doesn’t matter now. We really need to win this game and some of these players need to start performing

I agree, but cannot let criticism like that go.

Don't forget that minutes afterwards he stopped a shot that came through a crowd of players that would certainly have left us two down and a mountain to climb,

Too many backwards / safe passing for me especially when we have the ability to cut them open.
Also need to speed it up if we are going to pass it out from the back.

Once again the keeper is blamed for the goal and yet no one criticises the defence for allowing the player a free header, which incidentally Jones saved but the follow up from an offside player was allowed to stand.

Gardner didn't bother closing down full back, Tilt didn't pick up his man but Jones still should've done better. All deserve blame but Jones mucks up what should be routine saves too often.

Everyone else is criticising the defence, not stopping the cross coming g in and allowing a free header, but if you call that a save you are either one of the fans that are suffering poor TV coverage or blind.

I agree, but cannot let criticism like that go.

Don't forget that minutes afterwards he stopped a shot that came through a crowd of players that would certainly have left us two down and a mountain to climb,
He pushed back into play a ball hit straight at him, it should have been parried to his right, away from goal.

I get that TB and indeed my prime concern there was Tilt‘s total switch off allowing his man a free header from the centre of the goalmouth. (Scorer Pitman was certainly offside in the first phase.)

Jones makes a number of good saves to be fair to him, but it’s the bread and butter stuff that he has most trouble with, dealing with crosses and mishandling stuff he should be taking care of....it’s no good diving full length to spectacularly tip one round the post and spilling straightforward shots or headers that are closer to him.