Players coming in ... | Page 21 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

Check you Moonay - our very own Sky Sports deadline day Jim Smith.....is this your next bit of commentary..
'You join me here live at the DW Stadium where the unbelievable double signings of Will Grigg & Sam Morsey have just arrived by helicopter,...undisclosed fees Jeff so it's back to you in the studio"
Nah, I don't follow folk like him ......... another Latics fan had re-tweeted it, but I just linked to the source. Someone (KDZ?) said they hadn't seen it.

If Olly Crankshaw leaves for no replacement there will be absolutely no purpose to it... He's on next to nothing i imagine. Strange that he's being touted to leave?

Last edited:
If Olly Crankshaw leaves for no replacement there will be absolutely no purpose to it... He's on next to nothing i imagine. Stange that he's being touted to leave?
Won't be a matter of wages ......... all to do with available slots.

If Olly Crankshaw leaves for no replacement there will be absolutely no purpose to it... He's on next to nothing i imagine. Stange that he's being touted to leave?

Just have to wait and see I suppose.

Bradford may have just been enquiring for all we know. Furthermore seeing as we will likely still have Massey, Solomon and Lang who probably are ahead of him, he could of asked to leave.

Suppose we will never fully know but agree with you that if he is to leave then fingers crossed we have someone lined up to come in.

Wonder who they're planning on bringing in then? We're currently at capacity aren't we due to EFL dispensation?

Yeah I think so, someone will have to go before we can bring anyone else in. Kendrick‘s latest tweet seems to suggest there is something else coming.

Wonder who they're planning on bringing in then? We're currently at capacity aren't we due to EFL dispensation?
Exactly .......... which is why the only logical reason to release OC would be if we were bringing on someone else.

I'm not saying we are.

Crankshaw gone - for a small fee. Wish him well but I don't think selling him is a loss.

Room for 1 more. Winger or centre mid I suspect most likely.

Grigg going MK Don's. They aren't much better than us despite not being in admin.

Crankshaw gone - for a small fee. Wish him well but I don't think selling him is a loss.

Room for 1 more. Winger or centre mid I suspect most likely.

Grigg going MK Don's. They aren't much better than us despite not being in admin.
Grigg still lives in Solihull and stated he wanted to be nearer home, Milton Keynes is an hour and a quarter away from his home, Wigan well over 2 hours, and that does not include the nightmare the M6 is between here and south of Birmingham - MK Don's also are not governed by how much they can legally contribute to his wages like we are so Sunderland would not have wanted him coming to us.

Good luck to Crankshaw, glad he’s gone to another club not just let go. Hopefully the others can find something soon as well.

In regards to a replacement, I think another centre mid would help seeing as Evans could be out for abit. When he comes back, we will have depth and the option to push Evans further forward if we need too

Nixon doesn't seem to think anything else is happening tonight. But Crankshaw won't have gone to leave a empty space unused so there is bound to be something in the works.

If someone else is coming in they have to be on a free as we've got the max 5 loans we can play. So as long as they are freed by current club before the deadline they can sign tomorrow.