Everton v Newcastle | Page 3 | Vital Football

Everton v Newcastle

I'm not after an argument or a slanging match - yet again I'm surprised Lascelles gets another negative comment after watching him have a decent game (in my opinion)

What are your reasons for thinking the team improved even further when Lascelles went off?

I think the team looked more compact, organised and less likely to concede without him. It’s no secret that Lascelles’ technique on the ball is awful and his positioning is awful too. Here’s hoping he doesn’t play for the rest of the season. Although I’d be happy if he doesn’t play for SDU again.

I think the team looked more compact, organised and less likely to concede without him. It’s no secret that Lascelles’ technique on the ball is awful and his positioning is awful too. Here’s hoping he doesn’t play for the rest of the season. Although I’d be happy if he doesn’t play for SDU again.

Pretty much sums it up although I'd add that his concentration levels are like Titus Bramble's. Always a danger he will do something ridiculous and give away a goal. The back four seemed a lot more relaxed when he went off!