Will Grigg | Page 2 | Vital Football

Will Grigg

I agree, I don't think he is anything like the player who left us.

I get why you might say that TB, but I reckon that with his nous, he'd relish the chance to get on the end of some of the crosses that have been coming in from Pearce.

Also, from a senior pro point of view, the learning he could pass on to Joseph in particular would be invaluable.

We bought Stan Mcewan. Get the supporters club to sponsor the signing of Grigg till end of season. There's no way he wouldn't score goals for us. Would give whole place a boost and young lads would surely love to play with a club legend.

I get why you might say that TB, but I reckon that with his nous, he'd relish the chance to get on the end of some of the crosses that have been coming in from Pearce.

Also, from a senior pro point of view, the learning he could pass on to Joseph in particular would be invaluable.

My only concern is the pressure on him to repeat his previous form with us might have a detrimental affect and given his current form with Sunderland he is unlikely to live up to the expectations. He is seen as a Latics Legend and a return might tarnish that which would be a shame.

Nixon said Grigg deal isn't completely dead but other club close to doing the deal.

I think if Grigg came back he'd regain his L1 form, I think Sunderland saw Griggs goal scoring record and didn't really take into account what type of player he was and if he would suit their style. He also pretty much said he never wanted to go there, so it was not a good starting point.

Grigg has never been able to hold up a ball or be physical so it was no surprise when he was asked to play like that he struggled, then his confidence sunk, the fans started getting on him, he started getting dropped and it was like a negative cycle. Unlike Kal or Burn did with us after bad starts Grigg just never bounced back and seemed to just sink deeper.

I think if Grigg returned he would be so relieved to get out of there and 'back home' and would get a new lease on life.

It's a no brainer if it's possible we take him back. But due to our state in admin it's probably going to require Grigg himself turning down all other moves and saying he will only join us, which he may not do.

Nixon said Grigg deal isn't completely dead but other club close to doing the deal.

I think if Grigg came back he'd regain his L1 form, I think Sunderland saw Griggs goal scoring record and didn't really take into account what type of player he was and if he would suit their style. He also pretty much said he never wanted to go there, so it was not a good starting point.

Grigg has never been able to hold up a ball or be physical so it was no surprise when he was asked to play like that he struggled, then his confidence sunk, the fans started getting on him, he started getting dropped and unlike Kal or Burn did with us after bad starts Grigg just never bounced back.

I think if Grigg returned he would be so relieved to get out of there and 'back home' and would get a new lease on life.

It's a no brainer if it's possible we take him back. But not sure if due to our state in admin if it is feasible.

Admin need to be creative alongside supporters club here. Bet fans would raise money if they could guarantee 4 months of Grigg. Sunderland will cover half of his wages so bet 60k would sort it.

Admin need to be creative alongside supporters club here. Bet fans would raise money if they could guarantee 4 months of Grigg. Sunderland will cover half of his wages so bet 60k would sort it.

We do not want to spend the "safety net" money on a player, whoever it is. It was not asked for, nor donated, for that purpose.

What a perfect end to the transfer window it would be. New owners in place and Will Grigg announced a minute to go.

Never mind staying up. We'll be Going Up :party:

Grigg is shot to bits. His record for Sunderland has been truly woeful, and whilst some may argue they havent played to his strengths, some of the open goals he's missed are truly cringeworthy.

Hopefully he goes somewhere else. He won't have Yanic or Powell putting them on a plate for him like the last two times and will flop hugely. Don't ruin your reputation here by getting involved in this circus right now. Reassess in the summer.

4 teams in for Grigg us, Shrewsbury, MK Dons and Salford. We apparently second favourite to land him.

Would be amazing business if we could get him back. But don't think we should get carried away it's a huge ask to get him back and this isn't the same club he left. He won't even have us to sing his song.