Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

Speculation linking 21-year-old striker Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo with a move away from Walsall!

He would complement Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun very well...
Who has the greater scrabble score? Very greedy these lads, leave some names for everyone else please.

Know there has been a few comments on this signing before, but I'd say Mancienne seems like a reasonable, experienced player just in a position we are stronger in?

Know there has been a few comments on this signing before, but I'd say Mancienne seems like a reasonable, experienced player just in a position we are stronger in?
I guess as has been discussed on here that he would be able to cover CB, RB and potentially DM. Given his experience and cultured style I could see him playing the Bridcutt role. I have a feeling he would be a good reader of the game so sitting in front of the back 4 could be a good option. Bridcutt has missed several games through injury and is always likely to pick up a card or two, so it could be an astute signing.

I guess as has been discussed on here that he would be able to cover CB, RB and potentially DM. Given his experience and cultured style I could see him playing the Bridcutt role. I have a feeling he would be a good reader of the game so sitting in front of the back 4 could be a good option. Bridcutt has missed several games through injury and is always likely to pick up a card or two, so it could be an astute signing.

Sort of get it but also think Grant has been decent in that role, and if you were going to sign someone to play either holding midfield or right back I think you'd just sign a player to actually play in those positions? Can't imagine Mancienne would be a particularly good attacking right back?

Assuming Bridcutt and Mancienne briefly played together at Forest

Seems like a solid signing who could step in in a few positions if required and do a job. I know Appleton favours the promising youngster but in our position do we want to be risking trying to bring a new young player up to speed in defence in particular? Maybe a good time to have a safe option or two.

Can't see any negatives if this is the case. Only ever played at a higher level, can cover a few positions and crucially adds a bit of experience around the squad. He may not play much but that added experience around the training ground and what is hopefully another good role model for the younger players to learn from is no bad thing.

Sort of get it but also think Grant has been decent in that role, and if you were going to sign someone to play either holding midfield or right back I think you'd just sign a player to actually play in those positions? Can't imagine Mancienne would be a particularly good attacking right back?

Assuming Bridcutt and Mancienne briefly played together at Forest

I've mentioned on here before that I saw him play a few times for Forest, but he always struck me as an out-and-out centre-back and a good, composed one at that. He never really looked that comfortable playing anywhere else.

Agree with most comment in regards to Mancienne, if he is going to sign predominantly as a CB/RB or even CDM, then he isn't ever going to be first choice or perhaps even second. With that said I think it would be a decent signing for us. Provides cover and experience.

Perhaps coming here with a view to moving into coaching also? Sometimes a deciding factor in where players towards the end of their career tend to go.

Not wanting to panic anyone but this could be cover for a centre-half who might be about to leave to create a pot of money to bring in a marque striker signing - just a thought.

Not wanting to panic anyone but this could be cover for a centre-half who might be about to leave to create a pot of money to bring in a marque striker signing - just a thought.

Possible theory but with Morton due back in a month or so, I can't see anything marque in the striking department.

this is a guy that has played in the bundesliga against bayern munich, and has 50 games in the premier league. should be able to handle multiple positions in league 1. caveat - assuming he still has decent fitness, which you have to assume is why he has been tested on trial for a couple of weeks.

even sunderland fans will have heard of him.

Role on Feb 1st, so people will stop with terror of Monstma being sold. If he were, I'd imagine we would be looking in a different place than Manciene. I stand to be proven wrong, Lewis Montsma will be an Imp for the next 23 games.

Role on Feb 1st, so people will stop with terror of Monstma being sold. If he were, I'd imagine we would be looking in a different place than Manciene. I stand to be proven wrong, Lewis Montsma will be an Imp for the next 23 games.

I also agree, would need to cut out his mistakes before he earns a move.
Mistakes will happen from time to time but we had a few resulting in goals this season.