Will Grigg | Vital Football

Will Grigg

Ooohaaahdonniepage

Vital Reserves Team
With the news that Shrewsbury are after Grigg on loan till the end of the season is it not us who should be having a go? The SC money would be well spent on paying the lads wages and he would likely give us a massive boost as we approach the next few months.

With the news that Shrewsbury are after Grigg on loan till the end of the season is it not us who should be having a go? The SC money would be well spent on paying the lads wages and he would likely give us a massive boost as we approach the next few months.
We should also try to tempt Ali Al-Habsi out of retirement, I'm sure he could still do a job for us.

Reactions: GSM
Hope to god Jamie never never reads that shit. This is a lad who put his medal up to help us stay afloat.

I despair at times.

To be fair he’d probably laugh it off, seems that kind of character. Goal keepers have to have thick skin anyway.

I’d be more worried if fans were slagging off the young lads. The senior pros know to take the rough with the smooth.

If i remember correctly Sunderland matched what we were paying Grigg in the Championship to get him to sign for them in the league below, so any loan deal would require someone taking on a large wage (or decent percentage of it). My guess would be based on other players at the time in the squad Grigg would've been on something between 5-10k.

We are limited to paying 1.5k a week, which will probably be nowhere near enough to tempt Sunderland into doing a deal unfortunately.

I imagine Grigg would fancy coming back and we'd obviously like to have him back right now. But while we are in Admin i can't see it being possible.

If i remember correctly Sunderland matched what we were paying Grigg in the Championship to get him to sign for them in the league below, so any loan deal would require someone taking on a large wage (or decent percentage of it). My guess would be based on other players at the time in the squad Grigg would've been on something between 5-10k.

We are limited to paying 1.5k a week, which will probably be nowhere near enough to tempt Sunderland into doing a deal unfortunately.

I imagine Grigg would fancy coming back and we'd obviously like to have him back right now. But while we are in Admin i can't see it being possible.

Apparently the Bahrainis are meeting the EFL today or tomorrow. To get the yes or no.
If they get the go ahead to takeover then there might be some leeway to offer more towards Griggs wages.

Nixon said we looked into Grigg, but implied it stopped there.

Also said few in and whoever willing to pay largest percentage of his wages will get him. That is probably why we didn't follow through.

I would love to see Grigg back if we could guarantee he could bring the same level of performance and same sort of goal return.

However I mainly feel as though bringing Grigg back would be more a sentimental decision to be honest. Grigg is two years further into his career, potentially not the same player he was when he left. In Addition we aren’t the same club either; Long gone are the players he had around him which meant he could flourish.

Furthermore we already know it usually took him a couple of months to start firing even when fit. By the time he would be finding his feet again the season would be done.

With Lang Joseph Keane we have players who can score goals ... Any money we do have is better used elsewhere in my eyes