Transfer Window - January 2021 | Page 31 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2021

Well maybe the strange way of using Dele could end now?

Of course, that's if we believe anything Jose says:

Jose Mourinho expects Dele Alli to stay at Tottenham despite PSG interest
SOCCER20Marine20163645.jpg
PA
By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
13 minutes ago

Jose Mourinho says he expects Dele Alli to still be a Tottenham player after the transfer window closes next week.
Paris Saint-Germain and former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino are said to be confident of signing Alli, who has been cast aside by Mourinho this season, on loan until the end of the campaign.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be concerned about the possiblity of replacing a player of Alli's ability in what has been a difficult market this month, while there are also fears over a lack of depth should there be a coronavirus outbreak at the club.

"I expect [him to still be here],” Mourinho said on Wednesday. “I'm saying that since the beginning of the transfer window. I was not expecting anyone to leave, I was not expecting anyone to come.

“Until now, January 27, we're almost in the end. I don't believe anything is going to happen but it's open still.”

Pressed on whether there was any possibility of Dele leaving before the window closes on Monday, the Portuguese added: “Football is football, the transfer window is open. Sometimes unexpected things can happen but I don't expect it.”
Alli was not involved in Spurs’ FA Cup win over Wycombe on Monday night because of a “small tendon problem” and Mourinho confirmed that the midfielder would not be back for Thursday’s clash with Premier League champions Liverpool.

lol - couldn't even bring himself to say that Dele was an important and valued member of his squad.

Lingard it is then :-)

Any idea about this EX, according to the French paper Le Parisien, a to the end of the season loan deal has been agreed for Deli between Spurs n PSG, but reading between the lines it says it will only happen if Spurs can get a replacement.

Any idea about this EX, according to the French paper Le Parisien, a to the end of the season loan deal has been agreed for Deli between Spurs n PSG, but reading between the lines it says it will only happen if Spurs can get a replacement.

I have a feeling we will not seek a replacement, Jose currently believes his squad is too big...and has managed without him for most of the season as he stamps his defensive mentality and game plan, so can't honestly see why he'd want another integration problem now - it's too late to affect the season etc..

Comparatively speaking, I thought it was very dignified.

I'd have been telling everyone what a c**** Jose is, just because he lost the fight over N'dom (as many others have!) and got mugged by Levy and was forced to moved on and pick on someone else just so he can make his mark.

Dele is still caught in a baby rattle fight. it's still disturbing the squad and creating a poor atmosphere, the squad togetherness is non-existent. I had this conversation yesterday, few like his egotistical behaviour from what I was led to understand.

But...No doubt Jose will get his way and tell lots of half-lies about it as he always does, Dele, on the other hand, has refused all interviews and is keeping his mouth firmly shut - despite the provocation.

Only Levy is blocking his exit now, and my guess is he'll give in, in the next couple of days.

Jose is still an egotistical psychopath in my book, but fans love it, as will I, if we do win something other than the Caribou cup and if he actually can start playing football that's palatable to watch again.

Letting Dele go is a massive club mistake, but it's now crystal clear it's one or the other.

Man, I have been saying this for months. If regular fans knew what an internal cockup this whole thing is turning into they'd think it was made up. If they knew how close a few certain players were to finishing this out as ther last season in Lilywhites, well as you know, they shit their fuken damn pants, now wouldn't they?

It'll take years to recover from this total madness.

Jose out.

Ka
Man, I have been saying this for months. If regular fans knew what an internal cockup this whole thing is turning into they'd think it was made up. If they knew how close a few certain players were to finishing this out as ther last season in Lilywhites, well as you know, they shit their fuken damn pants, now wouldn't they?

It'll take years to recover from this total madness.

Jose out.

Kane, Son, Lloris and Winks are absolutely right to think about making this their last season for varying reasons. Kane and Son to win things, Hugo to go out to pasture in his homeland and Winks to get game time lower in the league.
Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Dele, Moura, Lamela and Doherty I'm not fussed about.
That leaves Tanganga, Reggie, Dier, Toby, Rodon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Loco and Bergwijn to consider....do they want to leave ? I may have missed some but my point is....is it Jose or just circumstances ?

Ka

Kane, Son, Lloris and Winks are absolutely right to think about making this their last season for varying reasons. Kane and Son to win things, Hugo to go out to pasture in his homeland and Winks to get game time lower in the league.
Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Dele, Moura, Lamela and Doherty I'm not fussed about.
That leaves Tanganga, Reggie, Dier, Toby, Rodon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Loco and Bergwijn to consider....do they want to leave ? I may have missed some but my point is....is it Jose or just circumstances ?

Every player has to make their own career choices and there are a multitude of reasons why any single player could leave. I believe a small minority will happily get away from Jose based on his football philosophy, leadership style and their opportunities, or lack of. Even Kane, who bleeds Spurs, will be looking at the other top European clubs home and abroad and wondering whether he could get back to playing in an entertaining side again.

I genuinely felt at the start of this season that we finally had a balanced squad. Of course, you can always get better players but at least we had options in every position.

What will be intriguing is what happens to the loanees both directions. If Jose lets Gedson, Vinicius and Bale head back then he gets Skipp, Sess, White and Clarke back in their place. He still has a full squad. He just needs to make sure he finds ways to upgrade it.

Lots of smiley faces on the players from the training shots today. Looks a happy camp to me. But they could have been told to smile by the photographer I guess !!
I am going to film you and take stills boys so put on a happy face because some think you hate Jose.

Did you see his body language especially his eye movement, he might have well screamed "I'm lying!"...it was hilarious.
I had a manager who did that with his eyes all the time
I actually believed him the first time he told me I had earned a decent bonus . When it failed to arrive , there was a reason , which I accepted .
When it continually failed to arrive , and the reasons became more and more bizarre , I realised he had a problem with the truth , but needed people to like him .
There is probably a name for that type of behaviour .
I never did get that bonus . But if he hadn’t told me about it , I wouldn’t have expected it .

I actually started to expect the unexpected.

I have a feeling we will not seek a replacement, Jose currently believes his squad is too big...and has managed without him for most of the season as he stamps his defensive mentality and game plan, so can't honestly see why he'd want another integration problem now - it's too late to affect the season etc..
If anything he's holding Bale back in the hope that he can unleash him towards the end of the campaign. I reckon he'll play a big part at some stage, if that is he doesn't break down again.

We have a decision to make; let Alli go and have no replacement (which would be in accord with Jose's wish to manage a smaller squad) or only let him go if we do sign Jose's preferred target or no one.

Delli believes a deal is all but done, only Levy is the stumbling block now.

The drums are beating for Milenkovic, which would be an early replacement for Toby, who by season's end will have run his course; wouldn't mind him, but he is not the left side CB we need right now.

Surely we can find one!?

We have a decision to make; let Alli go and have no replacement (which would be in accord with Jose's wish to manage a smaller squad) or only let him go if we do sign Jose's preferred target or no one.

Delli believes a deal is all but done, only Levy is the stumbling block now.

I think Jose's wish to manage a smaller squad needs another injection of quality in it.