• Win

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not always. We conceded quite early against Wycombe. Smart arse comments aside, you just know Jose wants the mistakes that lead to that trend to be eliminated. Completely.

I was meaning games v Liverpud 80...just take the last two years for instance

16th Dec 2020 PL lost 1-2 Firmino 90 mins

27th Oct 2019 PL lost 1-2 Salah 74 mins

1st June 2019 CL lost 0-2 Origi 86 mins

31st March 2019 PL lost 1-2 Alderweireld OG 89 mins

4th Feb 2018 PL 2-2 Salah 90 mins

I was meaning games v Liverpud 80...just take the last two years for instance

16th Dec 2020 PL lost 1-2 Firmino 90 mins

27th Oct 2019 PL lost 1-2 Salah 74 mins

1st June 2019 CL lost 0-2 Origi 86 mins

31st March 2019 PL lost 1-2 Alderweireld OG 89 mins

4th Feb 2018 PL 2-2 Salah 90 mins

Heyzeus.

If we have full-back concerns, that strengthens the argument to play 3 centre halves and get the 2 wing backs pushed in on Trent and Robertson. Wonder whether Bergwijn might even be given the role as LWB.

Lack of a fit left back is a pickle. If we have no Davies and no Reggie then our only options are Tanga or Cirkin, although Cirkin will be nothing like match fit.

Not ideal in a game where that player has to mark Salah. Hoping that either Doc or Serge have recovered, if they haven't then that'll be a knackered Sissoko marking Mane on the right side too, if he had to go with Tanga on the left.

Though I suppose Dier could do a job at RB, it will be interesting to see who he picks for this game. Liverpool are there for the taking, but sitting back and trying to mark Mane and Salah with the defence we have available might be difficult.

Jose may have considered playing Davies and Reggie for this one. On the other side we have two unfancied players in Aurier and Doherty.
We are not looking good in these defensive positions and bolstering them will limit our attack.
As Pool have their own defensive problems I might be tempted to just go at them and hope to outscore.