Good Morning Thread | Page 220 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Yes mate . Can’t you see from my poor face how hungry I was .
More ! You want More . ! You deserve a damn good thrashing !
My sister would have been one month old then .
Happy Days . Not a care in the world
Thanks for that Walt, I think all of us members of SOCC have had our "Oliver" days, I know I most certainly have, great memories.

With two Bruvs, one older, one younger, me in the middle, elder one aka Twat Head, younger one spoilt brat, cold never do out wrong, even a grass lol.
I take the piss out of them, but hey what are Bruvs for, though the youngest, special memories there, passed away 12 years ago, ailment he was born with, Mum gave birth to him on a military transport plane that was touching down in Singapore, Dads station at the time.
Now older one served some 25-28 years SBS, so proud of him, but one problem he cannot settle down anywhere, life in a kit-bag and on a powerful motor bike, turns up here when ever he feels like it lol! always welcome.

Jesus am rattling again.

Keep safe all.

So had a nice walk down the beach this afternoon ...empty...only a few shit machines taking thier owners for a walk! About 2 miles away they are repairing a sea wall and the digger had shaped the sea wall and was placing the concrete slabs in place....then the reminisce kicked in...they had a large boiler/brazier going which was melting the pitch that will be used to bind the cement blocks...ah the smell wonderful....reminded me of the road repairs and steam rollers back in the day.......cant bottle it I'm afraid or post the smell on here....shame.......thats all I am gonna say today....cheers all

1611767808231.png

Good morning all.
lovely start to the day , the sun is actually shining , although it’s a bit watery.

I would like to thank you all for your wonderful comments regarding my wife getting the all clear from the hospital .
You are all such brilliant people . I had a lump in my throat , I can tell you .
Thank you .....

I think only now we are both actually taking it all in ,
This time last year , on this date , she had just come out of the High Care Dependency ward after the operation .
It wasn’t a good time .
Exactly a year later , it’s not there anymore .

Whilst we know that it’s not the end of the road , that there will be follow up tests for years to come , this is a wonderful feeling .

We havent got back into a routine since Christmas , so that’s our goal from today .

Housework , garden,, allotment , car , have all taken a back seat , which we now need to get back to .

Greavsie , I remember only too well , the road repairs and the smell of the tar .
My Dad and his brother set up their own business in the fifties , repairing roads . His brother used to drive the Barber Green machine .
I don’t profess to know much about it , apart from I know I used to walk with my Mum , if he was working locally , to take his sandwiches to him .
I was always told to breathe in the smell , because it would do my lungs good .

Then I was told that bread and dripping was good for me , because the inch thick layer of dripping would grease my lungs .
I’m not sure why my lungs needed greasing , but greased they were!

That venture didn’t last long , I think they began working further and further away from home .
Well , you would , wouldn’t you !

Then they sold up and began repairing roofs ....... Needs must .

I had forgotten what the SOCC stood for , and was telling my wife .,
She came up with , Silly Old C#+$ Club , which I don’t think is right .

she thinks I fit in right on in there , lifetime member .
As I’ve said before...... she can be hurtful !

I’m not sure how the diet is going , does copious amounts of whiskey help ?
Any how , we are back in the groove now , back on it , going for walks , long ones , proper walks .
If it stops raining , it’s down the beach today . If not , it’s round and round the houses so we can get back indoors , put our feet up and watch Countdown.
Oh the joys of being retired .

Take care all , stay alert, look after each other.
Countdown or Lockdown , don’t let it get you down

So had a nice walk down the beach this afternoon ...empty...only a few shit machines taking thier owners for a walk! About 2 miles away they are repairing a sea wall and the digger had shaped the sea wall and was placing the concrete slabs in place....then the reminisce kicked in...they had a large boiler/brazier going which was melting the pitch that will be used to bind the cement blocks...ah the smell wonderful....reminded me of the road repairs and steam rollers back in the day.......cant bottle it I'm afraid or post the smell on here....shame.......thats all I am gonna say today....cheers all

View attachment 45466
Greavsie I have never seen 1 or 2 year old kids(shit machines) taking their owners for walks, sorry got that wrong, you mean dogs, not a very nice description of mans best friend lol!

But will admit I totally agree with you there regards Steam Rollers and Pitch.

Hey all, weather report here, exactly the same as Walts earlier one.

We had some bad news today, one of my VET oppo's ex same unit, as me, 15 years after me, was rushed into the QA Hospital, with Covid, last night, we are worried sick and filling our pants, his missus poor lady is at the end of her teather, we can only keep chatting with her, Mrs PY is doing that now.

Walt everything is now looking bright for the both of you, thumbs up mate, from me and Mrs PY.
As for bread n dripping, always had it from Gran, when we were kids, love it, still try and eat it when I can today, esp on toast.
Oh Mrs Walts version of SOCC, apt me thinks lol!

All look after yourselves, keep fit, keep smiling, keep those happy grins on your boats. Cheers all

Following my las post it seems my VET oppo, has now contracted Pneumonia and is on Oxygen.

His little wife, poor thing, we are trying to console her, is blaming herself, because she got him to go get her mum from the Hospital, mum had been cleared of Covid, but a day after returning home she was informed they had made a mistake and she was to self isolate for 14 days, what do you make of that.

All the ex-military friends n non friends are posting get wells, some military humour...if your pecker stands up for the nurses you aint that bad, you have been in worse zones you can beat this crap etc some I cannot write because military humour does offend those that do not understand.

Not a good 24 hours, sometimes you need reminding that football isn't everything.

This thing is creeping ever closer; two close friends both confirmed they have it today - both are not in a good way. One suffers from sarcoidosis, which had been under control for years, but is now of major concern.

My related PE instructor who I was working out with (from a distance) in my garden until recently has now confirmed his Mum and Dad have it, both of whom I know well and he's too is also awaiting a test result. His Mum works in a Supermarket and it's said to have swept through it.

On top of that, the lady in my bubble whose daughter is a police officer is now also another confirmed case, and as she suffers from serious asthma - and has two children and a partner with it now, there is some cause for concern.

Now I hear that the care home that my ex-golfing partner was the chef at before succumbing to this bastard thing, is now once again fighting an outbreak, but this time, even though most of them have been vaccinated a week or so ago (too late for an immune response to kick in)

It's going to be a long weekend and a very hard week for them.

But on the plus side the new Novovax vaccine is highly effective against the new 'kent' Strain. And against the South African strain.

Be safe everyone, stay smart and stay healthy.

Last edited:
Not a good 24 hours, sometimes you need reminding that football isn't everything.

This thing is creeping ever closer; two close friends both confirmed they have it today - both are not in a good way. One suffers from sarcoidosis, which had been under control for years, but is now of major concern.

My related PE instructor who I was working out with (from a distance) in my garden until recently has now confirmed his Mum and Dad have it, both of whom I know well and he's too is also awaiting a test result. His Mum works in a Supermarket and it's said to have swept through it.

On top of that, the lady in my bubble whose daughter is a police officer is now also another confirmed case, and as she suffers from serious asthma - and has two children and a partner with it now, there is some cause for concern.

Now I hear that the care home that my ex-golfing partner was the chef at before succumbing to this bastard thing, is now once again fighting an outbreak, but this time, even though most of them have been vaccinated a week or so ago (too late for an immune response to kick in)

But on the plus side the new Novovax vaccine is highly effective against the new 'kent' Strain. They are now looking at producing one against the South African strain.

Try and stay strong mate . Not easy I know . .
we feel so lucky that we don’t know anybody with it .......... I won’t finish that sentence !
We are just not going anywhere near anyone . When we go for a walk , we cross the road whenever any one comes towards us .

But on the plus side the new Novovax vaccine is highly effective against the new 'kent' Strain. They are now looking at producing one against the South African strain.

Bleedin hell EX, I echo Walts post to yourself, also thanks for the best wishes regards my oppo, not heard anything new yet, so very tense.

Walt, also thanks for your best wishes regards my oppo.

A bit of good news this morning, I got a call from some department of the NHS, cannot remember name, anyroads they wanted to speak to Mrs PY's daily Carer, result getting vaccinated on Sunday, smiles all round here.

Keep safe all and on your toes alert.

Try and stay strong mate . Not easy I know . .
we feel so lucky that we don’t know anybody with it .......... I won’t finish that sentence !
We are just not going anywhere near anyone . When we go for a walk , we cross the road whenever any one comes towards us .
Walt where's that beach in Stubbs/Turk Town that has a road in it, when you go for your daily trundles, lol!

Following my las post it seems my VET oppo, has now contracted Pneumonia and is on Oxygen.

His little wife, poor thing, we are trying to console her, is blaming herself, because she got him to go get her mum from the Hospital, mum had been cleared of Covid, but a day after returning home she was informed they had made a mistake and she was to self isolate for 14 days, what do you make of that.

All the ex-military friends n non friends are posting get wells, some military humour...if your pecker stands up for the nurses you aint that bad, you have been in worse zones you can beat this crap etc some I cannot write because military humour does offend those that do not understand.

Thats something i became aware of recently when my brother was tboned doing 50mph on his motorbike and went head first through the side window of a car. All his forces mates came on and it was pretty brutal. Military humor is quite difficult to stomach unless you have a warped sense of humor, are a deviant or have served in the forces with others.

Fingers crossed for your mate

Thats something i became aware of recently when my brother was tboned doing 50mph on his motorbike and went head first through the side window of a car. All his forces mates came on and it was pretty brutal. Military humor is quite difficult to stomach unless you have a warped sense of humor, are a deviant or have served in the forces with others.

Fingers crossed for your mate
Haha LH, so you understand why I couldn't write some of that! "humour" I love it, well I am ex-military.

Further, got a message from my oppo's little wife, you probably wonder why I refer to her as little, well she is so short n tiny, but bloody strong at heart, anyway the message, it appears the Docs/nurses are pumping him with all kinds of medicines, so fingers are well and truly crossed.

By the way thanks for your wishes.

Walt where's that beach in Stubbs/Turk Town that has a road in it, when you go for your daily trundles, lol!
Ha ha . We don’t always walk along the beach promenade, it gets too windy and crowded with the doggers .
You have to keep your head down when you are amongst the doggers !

‘Kin Turk town !!!!! ..... the sauce of it .
I bet no one else , apart from Matic , knows what you are on about . ...

Ha ha . We don’t always walk along the beach promenade, it gets too windy and crowded with the doggers .
You have to keep your head down when you are amongst the doggers !

‘Kin Turk town !!!!! ..... the sauce of it .
I bet no one else , apart from Matic , knows what you are on about . ...
HAHAHA thanks Walt that has made me laugh my bleedin head off, as you know Mrs PY is a Stubbington gal, and gets the ump! when I call her a "Turk towner" I love it.

Keep up the jogging, no sorry, the walking and keep getting that lovely sea air in your lungs.

Nothin good about this morning after that abject display last night!

I'll say no more about that.

Went for a long walk to clear my head and look at more important aspects of lockdown life.....nature, weather systems coming in on the horizon, big skies, peace and quiet, fresh air, birds singing, sea gulls soaring, lack of shit machines on the beach for once...calm calm calm head together now....

Cant feckin wait for Sundays debacle!

Morning all , nearly afternoon . !!!!
No walking today , I think. . Pouring down .
j got soaked getting the paper.
So it looks like a day with my feet up , reading and watching football.

Greavsie , how did your war wound heal up?
did you end up with a scar on it ?

Hope Pompey ‘s mate , and Ex’s friends are all ok .
What a bastard thing this is .
Hope everyone else is ok .
stay safe strong and alert . It’s there waiting to grab you .
look after each other .