Transfer Window - January 2021 | Page 30 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2021

Dele is childish. He plays practical jokes, he messes about. He doesn't train hard enough. He has not been performing. He has been wasteful on the ball. As a fellow pro in the dressing room I would not have much respect for him.
I would tell him to grow up and take the job seriously or leave.

Hmmm, and yet he is by far one of the most popular amongst his teammates. A healthy bit of skepticism on unknowable stuff like that is always prudent, that's how I'd go anyway.

And FYI, just clarifying, the unhappy player I was referring to is not Dele Alli.

Dele is childish. He plays practical jokes, he messes about. He doesn't train hard enough. He has not been performing. He has been wasteful on the ball. As a fellow pro in the dressing room I would not have much respect for him.
I would tell him to grow up and take the job seriously or leave.

I think there is a time to have your game face on and be 100% professional and there is a time for banter and messing around. Poch even said that Dele reminded him of Ronaldinho who he played with. Was the heartbeat of the dressing room and popular with the squad but knew how to hurt the opposition on match day.

As an FYI, Dele is one of only a few players to attain 13km in a match. There is nothing lazy about the guy on the pitch when he is motivated and injury free. He takes his job very seriously and has smarts way beyond most footballers.

Retrospectively, it's a shame that Amazon doc aired. It became a marketing exercise to promote newbie Jose at the expense of our players. It became OK to show Jose publicly chastising his players like Dele. That is never OK. It is very poor leadership as any experienced managed would confirm. Since then, everyone has been on Dele's case rather than ask the obvious question about why Jose is incapable of getting the best out of a potentially great player. All Dele has done is get his head down and hold a dignified silence.

We're obviously on the outside, but all clues lead to this being yet another instance in Jose's career where his stubbornness and pride is getting in the way of what is good for the team. It's deja vu.

I think there is a time to have your game face on and be 100% professional and there is a time for banter and messing around. Poch even said that Dele reminded him of Ronaldinho who he played with. Was the heartbeat of the dressing room and popular with the squad but knew how to hurt the opposition on match day.

As an FYI, Dele is one of only a few players to attain 13km in a match. There is nothing lazy about the guy on the pitch when he is motivated and injury free. He takes his job very seriously and has smarts way beyond most footballers.

Retrospectively, it's a shame that Amazon doc aired. It became a marketing exercise to promote newbie Jose at the expense of our players. It became OK to show Jose publicly chastising his players like Dele. That is never OK. It is very poor leadership as any experienced managed would confirm. Since then, everyone has been on Dele's case rather than ask the obvious question about why Jose is incapable of getting the best out of a potentially great player. All Dele has done is get his head down and hold a dignified silence.

We're obviously on the outside, but all clues lead to this being yet another instance in Jose's career where his stubbornness and pride is getting in the way of what is good for the team. It's deja vu.
Well said. Agree 100% with this.

Instagram image of him looking pissed off on the bench during a match is not dignified. Its childish and unprofessional.

And if he was sitting there content and smiling, he would be accused of not caring about playing.

Dele cannot win. He just needs to get away from Jose who is the master manipulator of the media. He needs to get on with his career where he is given a chance.

It looks like there is a stand off between Jose and old Danny Boy with regards Dele.
If Jose isn't going to use him then send him out on loan. To me the move to PSG is a no brainer. His value has seriously plummeted therefore if Poch can get a tune out of him and get him performing as we know he can then we either get a top player back or we sell for top dollar.
There is absolutely no point in leaving him out of squads and not giving him game time. It serves us no purpose whatsoever.

It looks like there is a stand off between Jose and old Danny Boy with regards Dele.
If Jose isn't going to use him then send him out on loan. To me the move to PSG is a no brainer. His value has seriously plummeted therefore if Poch can get a tune out of him and get him performing as we know he can then we either get a top player back or we sell for top dollar.
There is absolutely no point in leaving him out of squads and not giving him game time. It serves us no purpose whatsoever.

It's only Levy blocking a move now.

And if he was sitting there content and smiling, he would be accused of not caring about playing.

Dele cannot win. He just needs to get away from Jose who is the master manipulator of the media. He needs to get on with his career where he is given a chance.

Poch broke Dele to pieces by playing him relentlessly as young player, with utter disregard to his physical development.

Dele couldn't find his form in Poch's last 18 months in charge, and over the last year with Jose.

How Jose has been vilified on this is beyond me, it is Poch and Dele who are responsible for this situation.

Poch broke Dele to pieces by playing him relentlessly as young player, with utter disregard to his physical development.

Dele couldn't find his form in Poch's last 18 months in charge, and over the last year with Jose.

How Jose has been vilified on this is beyond me, it is Poch and Dele who are responsible for this situation.

I agree with some of the first part. Poch overplayed him and THFC didn't find a 3rd player as good as Eriksen and Dele in the transfer market. That was a while ago now (2017?) and prior to all of the soft tissue injuries that impacted Dele, including his form.

It's all about Jose's narrative. If Jose was saying that Dele had significant soft tissues injuries and needed a period of conditioning and therefore wasn't playing, then I get where you're coming from. He has never said that or even anything that mildly protects his player, just like he didn't with Ndombele before Levy intervened.

Nobody can even assess Dele's form either. He was clearly one of our best players in the pre-season games before being dropped like a stone. It's now Jan 2021 and Dele has played <10% of available pitch time. So nobody can assess his current form after half a season of nothingness. That's not fair.

This is as much about Jose as anybody else, probably more at this late stage.

It's social media, every player uses it to their advantage now, even Jose has been criticized for his posts.

You're clutching at straws here.

It was an example of Dele not being dignified or silent. What he did was silent but a picture paints a thousand words. I actually want Dele to stay.

It was an example of Dele not being dignified or silent. What he did was silent but a picture paints a thousand words. I actually want Dele to stay.

Comparatively speaking, I thought it was very dignified.

I'd have been telling everyone what a c**** Jose is, just because he lost the fight over N'dom (as many others have!) and got mugged by Levy and was forced to moved on and pick on someone else just so he can make his mark.

Dele is still caught in a baby rattle fight. it's still disturbing the squad and creating a poor atmosphere, the squad togetherness is non-existent. I had this conversation yesterday, few like his egotistical behaviour from what I was led to understand.

But...No doubt Jose will get his way and tell lots of half-lies about it as he always does, Dele, on the other hand, has refused all interviews and is keeping his mouth firmly shut - despite the provocation.

Only Levy is blocking his exit now, and my guess is he'll give in, in the next couple of days.

Jose is still an egotistical psychopath in my book, but fans love it, as will I, if we do win something other than the Caribou cup and if he actually can start playing football that's palatable to watch again.

Letting Dele go is a massive club mistake, but it's now crystal clear it's one or the other.

Tottenham still reluctant to let Dele Alli join PSG on loan before transfer deadline
newFile-4.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
56 minutes ago

Tottenham remain reluctant to allow Dele Alli to join Paris Saint-Germain on loan in the final days of the transfer window, despite the midfielder's desire to be reunited with former manager Mauricio Pochettino in the French capital.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is concerned about losing a talented member of the first-team squad, particularly given the difficulty of signing an adequate replacement mid-season and the possibility of injuries or a Covid-19 outbreak in the camp during the second half of the campaign.

There is also belief in the club's hierarchy that Alli, 24, can recapture the form that made him one of the brightest young players in Europe, although manager Jose Mourinho has appeared less convinced.

Alli has not started in the Premier League since the opening day of the season, when he was replaced at half-time in the defeat to Everton, and last featured on January 10 against eighth-tier Marine in the FA Cup.

PSG are said to be confident of signing Alli on loan until the end of the season with no option to make the deal permanent, with the player keen on the chance to kickstart his career and boost his chances of being included in the England squad for this summer’s European Championships.

Spurs are conscious of Alli's preference for a change, which may help to soften their stance before Monday's 11pm transfer deadline, even if they cannot find a replacement – who would have to count as 'homegrown' if the club are to avoid further difficulties in naming their revised Europa League squad.

Alli was not involved in Monday's FA Cup fourth-round win over Wycombe and has missed training this week, with Mourinho saying on Friday he had a "small problem in his tendon".

Christian Eriksen, who left Spurs for Inter Milan a year ago, has been mooted as a possible replacement for Alli but Antonio Conte, the Nerazzurri coach, has ruled out the Dane leaving.
Eriksen scored a 97th-minute free-kick winner in the Milan derby last night and, asked about the unsettled playmaker afterwards, Conte told the Italian media: "For a month now I’ve been saying the same thing: this is the Inter squad. Nobody will arrive, nobody will leave. I keep saying it and nobody seems to believe me."

Stream FC Daily on ESPN+
Sources have told ESPN that Alli is keen on the move and Mourinho is willing to let him go but Levy is proving to be the major stumbling block.
Alli was a key part of the Spurs team which reached the 2019 Champions League final and has been one of the club's most successful acquisitions having been signed for just £5 million from MK Dons in February 2015.
He has since gone on to make over 200 appearances but has started just six times this season with Mourinho questioning his work ethic and publicly labelling him "lazy" in the recent Amazon "All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur" documentary.
Alli missed Monday's FA Cup fourth round 4-1 win at Wycombe with a "small problem in his tendon" and has not been training in recent days.
Sources have told ESPN Alli is desperate for first-team football, not least because he faces a fight to hold down a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the delayed Euro 2020 finals this summer.
Sources added that PSG have shown a willingness to negotiate regarding the possibility of inserting an option to buy in any agreement and are willing to offer a loan fee but Levy is yet to give them a final answer despite being aware of their interest for some time.
Levy notoriously does late business in transfer windows but PSG are pushing for an answer ahead of Monday's 11 p.m. GMT deadline.

Dele Alli sits out Tottenham training as PSG loan negotiations intensify

The attacker is keen to link up with his former manager Mauricio Pochettino in Paris

By Sam Wallace, Chief Football Writer 26 January 2021 • 7:46pm

TELEMMGLPICT000248385182_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqU0jHSj23-rqgtcFc9pglTpfmSZ86JXhT37bn7RrgzI4.jpegimwidth=480

Dele Alli has not started a league game since the opening weekend of the season Credit: Reuters

The Tottenham Hotspur attacker Dele Alli has sat out training for the last two days as attempts to negotiate a loan move to Paris St-Germain for the England international, who has played a much-reduced role this season, intensify ahead of the transfer window’s close on Monday.

Alli was not among the substitutes for the FA Cup fourth round tie against Wycombe Wanderers on Monday night and, as things stand, will not be involved against Liverpool in the league on Thursday. The 24-year-old has an offer from PSG to join up again with former Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino, which he is keen to pursue.

Alli has not trained for the last two days while the details of the loan move are discussed by the relevant parties in the hope that some agreement can be reached. He has not started a game for Spurs since the FA Cup third round tie against eighth tier Marine on Jan 10 and last featured for the team in the Premier League against Liverpool on Dec 16, albeit as a late substitute.

Relations with Jose Mourinho remain cordial, but there is, as yet, no agreement between Spurs and PSG with the deadline approaching at 11pm on Monday. The final decision rests with chairman Daniel Levy who has so far refused to sanction the deal to take Alli to Paris. He is concerned that there is no viable replacement for the player who would be required if the squad suffered a run of injuries or positive Covid-19 tests.

The decision rests with Levy, who agreed a six-year contract with Alli in 2018 and feels that the Englishman is still a key part of Spurs’ future. Mourinho has indicated otherwise this season, last starting Alli in a league game on the first day of the season when he was substituted at half-time in the home defeat to Everton.
There was some consideration given by Spurs to signing a loan deal for Christian Eriksen, who was prepared to return to the club after an unhappy year at Inter Milan, but his new wages at the Italian club were an obstacle to that. There is also a preference at Spurs for any replacement to be homegrown to enable the player in question to take Alli’s place in the Europa League squad.

Clubs in the Europa League must select squads that include eight homegrown players of which four must have been trained at the club in question. For Spurs this season both the non-homegrown Gedson Fernandes and Paulo Gazzaniga have been omitted from the current Europa League squad.

Well maybe the strange way of using Dele could end now?

Of course, that's if we believe anything Jose says:

Jose Mourinho expects Dele Alli to stay at Tottenham despite PSG interest
SOCCER20Marine20163645.jpg
PA
By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
13 minutes ago

Jose Mourinho says he expects Dele Alli to still be a Tottenham player after the transfer window closes next week.
Paris Saint-Germain and former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino are said to be confident of signing Alli, who has been cast aside by Mourinho this season, on loan until the end of the campaign.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be concerned about the possiblity of replacing a player of Alli's ability in what has been a difficult market this month, while there are also fears over a lack of depth should there be a coronavirus outbreak at the club.

"I expect [him to still be here],” Mourinho said on Wednesday. “I'm saying that since the beginning of the transfer window. I was not expecting anyone to leave, I was not expecting anyone to come.

“Until now, January 27, we're almost in the end. I don't believe anything is going to happen but it's open still.”

Pressed on whether there was any possibility of Dele leaving before the window closes on Monday, the Portuguese added: “Football is football, the transfer window is open. Sometimes unexpected things can happen but I don't expect it.”
Alli was not involved in Spurs’ FA Cup win over Wycombe on Monday night because of a “small tendon problem” and Mourinho confirmed that the midfielder would not be back for Thursday’s clash with Premier League champions Liverpool.