January Signings | Page 15 | Vital Football

January Signings

I cant understand it, the chief scout was so good at recruiting for his Sunday league team. How different can the prem league be.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If only you were living in and around South Yorkshire instead of being in Canada Our Chris could have employed you and your expertise in scouting world class footballers Peggy.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: UTMPB

It's not about hurting his feelings, it's about retaining his services as manager, which I think is still in the interests of the club.

I hope he's told some home truths and is grown up enough not to throw his toys out of the pram and walk. But he's so stubborn and egotistical that it will be a fine line to walk.

Whatever happens this season the board has several areas that need addressing, as you have said Wilder is stubborn and egotistical which doesn't bode well if the board want to address the recruitment process. Personally I would like to see signs of improvement in the second half of the season before saying retaining him is still in the best interests of the club

I think it was closer to a straight swap wasn't it. If anything we received money for Robinson.

It wouldn't value Burke much over £5m.

At anything around that price he's worth it for potential but mainly for the massive impact he can have in the Championship,

I see him getting double figures next season and being a huge asset with his pace and dribbling.
Burke's never scored double figures in his life he is NOT a goalscorer hes probably a winger, and we don't play with wingers, why the fuck he signed him nobody knows, it was the same with Robinson fuck know why he signed him as well cos he's another winger the mind boggles with Wilders signings!!

Chris has lost his marbles........ he won't last the season at BDTBL.
Bigger fcuk up at BDTBL than with the covid Patsy.

same owd ....same owd

Burke's never scored double figures in his life he is NOT a goalscorer hes probably a winger, and we don't play with wingers, why the fuck he signed him nobody knows, it was the same with Robinson fuck know why he signed him as well cos he's another winger the mind boggles with Wilders signings!!

He might be seen as a winger but his future is as a striker.

And how many proper full seasons has he had?

He was scoring quite a lot of goals at Forest when he first came through.

I hope Wilder rethinks not playing with wingers, because 2 supporting a CF in a 3-4-3 could work really well next season.

He might be seen as a winger but his future is as a striker.

And how many proper full seasons has he had?

He was scoring quite a lot of goals at Forest when he first came through.

I hope Wilder rethinks not playing with wingers, because 2 supporting a CF in a 3-4-3 could work really well next season.

He got 4 at Forest, 4 at Celtic, thats his best return I think for a season. Still only 23 so time on his side. Said before has strength and pace, erratic finishing and technically under pressure can struggle. Might be better in the championship though. Will terrify defences with pace.

I like the Brizzle City keeper Daniel Bentley, Twirls and i doubt he'd have cost owt like what Rammers did but i do think Rammers is better than he's showing at the moment.I think Berge's a very good player and i'm even more sure Brewster will be a future star but i take your point we needed a more experienced striker but as i've mentioned before it's a lot easier to mention players on here than it is to sign them.UTMPB
yeah pal have to agree its not as simple as going we should have signed him or him,ya reight. just a bit flumuxed at how we seem to have cocked it all up so easily. oh well. utb

Well we haven't had to bow to any player's demands to leave or offers that 'were just too good to turn down' yet and nobody's had 'their head turned' although that may well be because none of them are turning heads anyway.

And I don't recall there being a pandemic about when we did roll over for peanuts.
Not a direct answer mate.

Not a direct answer mate.
Not one for reading between the lines Chips.

Weve spent records amounts of money with the Prince in charge,and, fctually correct, been in the PL for twice as long as we were with McC so , for me, he's far, far , far,far better than McC ever was - a spiteful, lying tyrant who proved his no bigger Bladieness only extended to his own ends , not the clubs

Clear enough?

Not one for reading between the lines Chips.

Weve spent records amounts of money with the Prince in charge,and, fctually correct, been in the PL for twice as long as we were with McC so , for me, he's far, far , far,far better than McC ever was - a spiteful, lying tyrant who proved his no bigger Bladieness only extended to his own ends , not the clubs

Clear enough?
So you are not certain yet?:yes:

I'm not so sure that this is the prince that Walt Disney thought about. But he might come one day.
I reckon, with the current state of the world Chips, anyone with a decent amount of money to splash about will see bigger opportunities to increase that pot than buying a suburban football club.

That's why, ultimately, the pauper Prince, will not be able to find us one with a real pot of gold.

Unless, of course,there's someone out there with shed loads who wants to end up with a lot less.

I reckon, with the current state of the world Chips, anyone with a decent amount of money to splash about will see bigger opportunities to increase that pot than buying a suburban football club.

That's why, ultimately, the pauper Prince, will not be able to find us one with a real pot of gold.

Unless, of course,there's someone out there with shed loads who wants to end up with a lot less.

Wonder if the Yanks would have bought us from Mr McCabe if he had got the club back. And would they have had more money? Or perhaps the Prince has used our
Prem money and none of his own?.

Wonder if the Yanks would have bought us from Mr McCabe if he had got the club back. And would they have had more money? Or perhaps the Prince has used our
Prem money and none of his own?.
The Yanks would have had to pore over every single word of the contract to check for the hidden traps Chips- oh and a job for the boy would be included:eek:
The prince may well have done the same as the Glaziers and being in the same league as Manure , if we had spent wisely, would have been the expected stepping stone.
We didn't, we aren't and I, for one, would not be giving another penny to the transfer team who have let him, us and the team down so badly.