Henderson | Page 3 | Vital Football

Henderson

Never saw John hopes early yrs for us just the latter ones and all I can remember really is the nickname John hopeless and I’ve called it him ever since

I remember an end of season parade when Howard's small child was given to him when some Wag just behind us shouted in a Brian Blessed Voice take it. Off him He'll drop it. Goalkeepers who'd have em!

Hodgy needed replacing true and Hope did play his part Rod but not a leading role in that the others were much more important in getting us there.
We definitely got the wrong end of that deal, a pig and a keeper with one 1st team game to his name, against a very good leader of the line
He played a leading role in that 70-71 season and actually held the clean sheet record at that time. Did his illness have some sort of underlying issues with his handling of the ball. Only played 76 games in 4 seasons or so?
RIP John

He played a leading role in that 70-71 season and actually held the clean sheet record at that time. Did his illness have some sort of underlying issues with his handling of the ball. Only played 76 games in 4 seasons or so?
RIP John
I mentioned the clean sheet record in an earlier post Chips and agreed that he played his part in the promotion season.
No idea re. his illness but we did lose a great leader of the line in the deal.