West Brom v Manchester City - Premier League - Tuesday 26th January 2021 KO 20:15 GMT -Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

West Brom v Manchester City - Premier League - Tuesday 26th January 2021 KO 20:15 GMT -Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
City have that way of seeing if your heart works OK!
I can honestly say that I was not worried about losing to Cheltenham Town on Saturday because on the bright side it was one less game to fit in, but on the other hand it was the FA Cup and what team does not want the pride of their name being on that special Trophy.
We are again back to the bread and butter and trying to outfox BFS who has the reins of The Baggies and is once again the go to guy in terms of trying to save a club from relegation and has made a few bob in being successful in his managerial career and to me he is a loveable rogue and hope that his team do not cause City too much trouble like they did when they played at the Etihad earlier in the season and came away with a very creditable 1-1 draw.

City Team News
Kevin De Bruyne
and Sergio Aguero are out Kyle Walker and Nathan Ake are also doubts.

Pep's View
“I know how good Sam Allardyce teams are on set-pieces.

"They will have worked this week on that to see how they can hurt us, but we have to discover the weak points they may have and impose our game.

“Today our training session was very good. I am optimistic to take a bus tomorrow to West Bromwich and do a good game.”

West Brom v City: Kick-off time, TV information and team news (mancity.com)

Beat the Pep
Ederson
Cancelo Stones, Dias, Zinchenko
Gundogan, Rodri, Sterling, Bernardo, Foden,
Torres

Match Officials
Referee
: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Adam Nunn, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: David Coote
VAR: Craig Pawson
Assistant VAR: Matthew Wilkes

On the Box?
it's on BTsport (subscription channel)

Next
Premier league
Saturday 30th January 2021 KO 15:00 GMT
Manchester City v Sheffield United

Last edited:
WE’RE NOT REALLY HERE
Wembley 1999 heroes Shaun Goater and Andy Morrison will be the guests on our live matchday show, which will be hosted by presenter Kyle Walker.

We’re Not Really Here provides a City focused perspective to your pre-match build-up and begins one hour before kick-off at 19:15 (UK).

It is available to watch on all our digital platforms and also includes a brief half-time summary and 30-minutes of post-match reaction.
West Brom v City: Kick-off time, TV information and team news (mancity.com)

I expect BFS has been getting all his players taking long throw ins to see if anyone could replicate Saturday’s efforts by Tozer. If successful then I won’t be surprised to see him trying the same against us tomorrow.

STARTING XI: Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Bernardo, Sterling ©, Foden, Mahrez

Subs: Steffen, Walker, Jesus, Laporte, Torres, Mendy, Fernandinho, Garcia, Bernabe

'Early goal will be key'
Andy Morrison:

"We’re in a great run of form. It’s an incredible period that we’re in. They’ll turn up and do what City do, but I think it will be difficult.

"They know how to make it difficult for the opponent, so I think an early goal will be really important."

Commentary By Neil Leigh @ManCity
19:30
'Taking care of business'
Shaun Goater:
"I think the quality, creativity, the movement, players like Phil Foden, will just create too much danger. I think we’ll have too much for them.
"This is Man City, we have world class players so the players know the importance of getting to the top and staying there.
"Tonight’s a big game and the boys will understand that - they will want to take care of business."

Pep's pre-match thoughts 💬
Pep Guardiola:

"Every game is different. Sam is a new manager for them, we try to figure out how the game will be, but we don’t know how it will be.

"What they do is proper, they do it really well. We need to try and impose our game.

"The motivation is to play good and to try to win the game. There’s lots of games left so many things can happen. We need to be focused on what we need to do."

Commentary By Neil Leigh @ManCity
19:43
'I wouldn't want to face Raz!'
Andy Morrison on Raheem:
"There’s nobody better in the game when one on one, he can go left or right.
"His centre of gravity is also a big positive for him. I wouldn’t want to defend against him!"

'Phil can raise the bar'
Shaun Goater:

"Pep was not going to bring Foden in just because he’s local and from Stockport.

"I think all the way, Pep looked at him and never thought to bring him in to keep the level of the team, he brought him in to raise the bar.

"He was someone who sat with David Silva, which helped him to sponge up all the good things, keeping his attitude right.

"We’re going to see a lot of great things from this boy."