Jan Transfer Window | Page 34 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Premier League clubs keeping an eye on Forest’s Brennan Johnson

Brennan Johnson, the 19-year-old Nottingham Forest midfielder, is attracting interest from the Premier League and beyond on the back of his loan spell at Lincoln City, reports Paul Taylor.

Burnley and Championship side Brentford are both keen, and Leeds United are understood to have watched Johnson . Belgium’s Royale Union Saint-Gilloise are also pondering a bid — owned by Brighton chief Tony Bloom — on course for promotion to the top flight.

Unbelievable this is. The guy is clearly as good a player in that league and should be building our team around him in my opinion. Instead we leave him out on loan attracting other clubs who know what a good player is whilst we consider bringing in Murray. The board are shit, but the manager is shit too and weve had endless shit managers, people thinking they cant all be bad managers are wrong, we do get all the bad managers

So any form of comparison back to the golden days is irrelevant.

Now why is that I wonder?

And anyone who dares to make a comparison, gets bracketed in the same camp as those who supported Fawaz, even though there is not the most tenuous of links between the two.

Over promising? Check.
Under delivering? Check.
Regularly sacking managers? Check.
Achieve nothing in the league? Check.
Toxic atmosphere? Check.
Failed transfer policy? Check.
Finance failed transfer policy by selling talented youngsters? Check.

Unbelievable this is. The guy is clearly as good a player in that league and should be building our team around him in my opinion. Instead we leave him out on loan attracting other clubs who know what a good player is whilst we consider bringing in Murray. The board are shit, but the manager is shit too and weve had endless shit managers, people thinking they cant all be bad managers are wrong, we do get all the bad managers

Hughton has a very good track record. Davies had a decent track record. I think it’s more the owners we’ve had. Either clueless, tight or we are used as a play thing. A genuine forest supporter or consortium with a lot of money wouldn’t go amiss.

Just out of interest, have you actually seen him play this season ? Even on tv ?

I'm not sure parachuting Brennan Johnson into this mess of a side will help him or Forest. He's a young lad playing very well, but doing so in a confident team with a happy atmosphere.
Bringing him back to Forest into the cesspit of a team we've currently got is not likely to help the lad in any way, and thus it won't help Forest either. Scrape through, stay in the championship (hopefully) and get him involved in a new campaign, a full preseason with Forest, and a confidence high from winning promotion with Lincoln sounds like the best bet to me.
Provided we can scrape through to safety of course.

Hughton has a very good track record. Davies had a decent track record. I think it’s more the owners we’ve had. Either clueless, tight or we are used as a play thing. A genuine forest supporter or consortium with a lot of money wouldn’t go amiss.

Yeah but despite his track record, I dont think many people really would have selected him given choices. I think we always look for the positives for sure but none of that works. He's not modern thinking. Besides, it always comes down to progress ont he pitch and in that sense I keep coming back to the fact that there hasnt been any in 20 odd games, no matter which way we dress it up

I'm not sure parachuting Brennan Johnson into this mess of a side will help him or Forest. He's a young lad playing very well, but doing so in a confident team with a happy atmosphere.
Bringing him back to Forest into the cesspit of a team we've currently got is not likely to help the lad in any way, and thus it won't help Forest either. Scrape through, stay in the championship (hopefully) and get him involved in a new campaign, a full preseason with Forest, and a confidence high from winning promotion with Lincoln sounds like the best bet to me.
Provided we can scrape through to safety of course.

he was already in the side and clearly only one of only a few attacking midfielders in the entire squad. He shouldnt have gone on loan at all, how could he have offered less than, well, Yates, Cafu, Sow all put together in an attacking sense

Just out of interest, have you actually seen him play this season ? Even on tv ?
oh, wrong post...Mate, ive seen him in a forest shirt and looks better than what we have. Movement, passing ability, eye for goal, quick... What the hell else do we want? Well, ok we got more, he goes out on loan and looks a class apart in the lower league, potentially be in the player of the season list

he was already in the side and clearly only one of only a few attacking midfielders in the entire squad. He shouldnt have gone on loan at all, how could he have offered less than, well, Yates, Cafu, Sow all put together in an attacking sense
But he did, so we are where we are.

Over promising? Check.
Under delivering? Check.
Regularly sacking managers? Check.
Achieve nothing in the league? Check.
Toxic atmosphere? Check.
Failed transfer policy? Check.
Finance failed transfer policy by selling talented youngsters? Check.

Make your mind up ffs

You said you did not want to compare the ND era

Make your mind up ffs

You said you did not want to compare the ND era
The difference between ND and the others is that he kinda started out on the back foot whilst the others started with a clean slate. He also built one of the best academies in the country because of the long term vision of home grown talent. So he left a positive legacy.
All the others are doing is leaving a mess.

Are you really not even given a moment's pause by our current owners?

What have the new guys done?

They have come into a new club and said what any new owners would say.
They opened up communication channels with fans, but it was kinda non existent before anyway, it isnt something special.
They are investors so property development is of interest so made some nice plans for the stadium along with residential to make some personal profits.

So those are the positives.

Negatives would be sacking so far about 4 managers and 19 backroom staff, some when doing well, others before had a chance.
Buying players without the managers input, usually from unscrupulous agents books.
Spunked 15million on a kid that couldnt get in the side and has no resale value.
Didnt spend in January when we were cemented in the play offs.
Spunked 15million on about 30 players the last few seasons who didnt improve the squad.
'Spent' 5million quid on a centre half when we had 4 and he cant get in the side either.
Sold a few of our talented youngsters to finance the squad of generally older players who are fighting relegation.
Loaned a player but failed to put the paperwork in in time which has possibly been very costly to the team.

Fawaz had no idea how to run a big football club.. But we had some good signings and we have actual big screens at the ground. Despite all the shit he left a little legacy.

Are you really not even given a moment's pause by our current owners?

Yes, there are some issues I have serious concerns with.

But I am certainly not prepared to hold them to account by a totally different set of standards like you do.

You might not like the comparisons I make with other era's but they are entirely valid.