Fitness levels | Vital Football

Fitness levels

the jock

Vital Football Legend
TOM BARNDEN has been reunited with manager Chris Hughton after being appointed as Head of Sports Science at Nottingham Forest.

The duo worked together at Brighton for five years when Hughton was boss and Barnden was Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach

In September 2019, the practitioner was appointed fitness coach at Manchester City after seven years with the Seagulls. At the Etihad he worked mainly with City's Under-23s before a stint with the first team towards the end of his tenure.

"I had a wonderful time at Manchester City during a hugely successful period in which we won the FA Youth Cup and saw a number of Academy players make first-team debuts,” Barnden told TGG.

“I worked with some great people and have to give special mention to Mark Bitcon (Academy Head of Performance Services) and Jason Wilcox (Academy Manager), who were superb.

“The opportunity to take the department forward at Nottingham Forest and develop good people and processes was just too good to pass up on.”

Barnden started working with Forest at the end of November and added: “It’s been brilliant to work with some familiar faces, like Chris, and some new ones, like Steven Reid, who's a very forward-thinking coach

TOM BARNDEN has been reunited with manager Chris Hughton after being appointed as Head of Sports Science at Nottingham Forest.

The duo worked together at Brighton for five years when Hughton was boss and Barnden was Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach

In September 2019, the practitioner was appointed fitness coach at Manchester City after seven years with the Seagulls. At the Etihad he worked mainly with City's Under-23s before a stint with the first team towards the end of his tenure.

"I had a wonderful time at Manchester City during a hugely successful period in which we won the FA Youth Cup and saw a number of Academy players make first-team debuts,” Barnden told TGG.

“I worked with some great people and have to give special mention to Mark Bitcon (Academy Head of Performance Services) and Jason Wilcox (Academy Manager), who were superb.

“The opportunity to take the department forward at Nottingham Forest and develop good people and processes was just too good to pass up on.”

Barnden started working with Forest at the end of November and added: “It’s been brilliant to work with some familiar faces, like Chris, and some new ones, like Steven Reid, who's a very forward-thinking coach
This could be good. Not just for match fitness but also in injury prevention.

It isnt all about fitness anyway, id rather have a half fit player with real pace and quality than a fully fit donkey. Watching MOTD etc lately is actually hurting, Im just moaning at the missus constantly "look, one second on the ball and release it" "look at how they sprint not just run" "see, how they pass into space" We are lacking every bit of good football. Id say at this point CH is def worse than SL. Despite the similar issues as least SL managed to achieve the best he could from the squad and we did have an identity, even if if it was a defensive counter attacking one. I genuinelly think this is as bad as its been