Score Predictions v Portsmouth | Page 2 | Vital Football

Score Predictions v Portsmouth

Here's something bizarre: six goals have been scored between Hull and Portsmouth this season, and four have been own goals - two by Hull for Portsmouth in December, and Portsmouth's Jack Whatmough returned the compliment yesterday.

For those who seem terrified of Portsmouth, they have only the 9th best home record in League One, with only five wins from twelve games. They have only played Doncaster, Charlton, Hull and Peterborough of the top sides at home, and lost to Charlton, Hull and Doncaster. Lincoln have the joint best away record, with seven wins from ten games. Let them worry about us.

Last edited:
For those who seem terrified of Portsmouth, they have only the 9th best home record in League One, with only five wins from twelve games. They have only played Doncaster, Charlton, Hull and Peterborough of the top sides at home, and lost to Charlton, Hull and Doncaster. Lincoln have the joint best away record, with seven wins from ten games. Let them worry about us.
I think it's because they are the only team to comprehensively bully and out nous us this season. Even v. Sunderland, we were in that game for some periods. Against Pompey the same could not be said.

I take comfort from the noises by MA about it being a young Imps side that night and doubtless the players will be up to rectify that first fixture. I expect us to make a better fist of it because of those factors; much like Northampton did against us.

Whether we can go one step better than Northampton and actually be better and effective remains to be seen on Tuesday.

For reasons of superstition (I never call an Imps victory) I'll go for a respectable 1-2 defeat.

The last time these two teams played each other we were missing the spine of our team with Montsma, Walsh and Bridcutt missing. This time we will be in a healthier position so a 0-2 win will do nicely.

I would also point out that Lincoln have conceded 2 goals in their last 8 away games in League One.

Portsmouth may come out all guns blazing after their poor result on Saturday but then again they maybe a bit cagey as they won’t want us to score early doors - it’s got 2-2 written all over it and I’d be happy with a point . Imps 4ever 👍