Jan Transfer Window | Page 33 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

And then wasting it all on dross.
Totally.. and it all sticks of poop. Some agents greasy paws have ended up with that money in thier pockets, from what 70 signings in 3 years? 70! And weve got like 3 good players at the club, its unreal. I think fans must just be scared that if we tell EM to piddle off there will be no buyers. Id rather have a skint owner with a football brain

He'll no doubt have to pass sideways & backwards because there will be no one in advance of him to pass to, that is the basis of many of our problems

Its sunday league movement at best, i mean it really is. Not sure ive ever seen a side with so few forward runs.

And then wasting it all on dross.

Has that not been the club policy for the whole of this Century?

Sell Reid, Dawson and Harewood, albeit for a knock down prices, and then buy Cullip, Friio, Curtis, Taylor, Eaden, Padula and lets not forget Scot Dobie.

At least in those days we did not have to put up with the turgid football we do now; no, we had a team brim full of creativity, oh!

Has that not been the club policy for the whole of this Century?

Sell Reid, Dawson and Harewood, albeit for a knock down prices, and then buy Cullip, Friio, Curtis, Taylor, Eaden, Padula and lets not forget Scot Dobie.

At least in those days we did not have to put up with the turgid football we do now; no, we had a team brim full of creativity, oh!

So you've moved from everything is magnificent under the current owners to it was equally shite under others? Step forward i guess.

So you've moved from everything is magnificent under the current owners to it was equally shite under others? Step forward i guess.

I would not have used the word magnificent, or concur that we are equally shite, given that we have a long way to go before we plumb the depths of that era, but the Club are certainly much better run.

Well they managed to extend the lease on the Ground without having to resort to defaulting on a loan.

Prior to Covid they managed to increase attendances while keeping costs down.

And they have gone a long way towards restoring relations with local businesses and have opened up relationships with local schools, charities and other good causes.

There are a lot of things which could be much better, including communication, but at least we are not being referred to as pond life by the CEO.

Derby are selling one of their prized 16 year olds, Kaide Gordon, to Liverpool for £1m to pay for the wrongful sacking of their captain.

I watched their match the other night and they said he was "the best 16 year old in the country". Love it that it's going to pay for someone who doesn't even play for them anymore :grinning:

Well they managed to extend the lease on the Ground without having to resort to defaulting on a loan.

Prior to Covid they managed to increase attendances while keeping costs down.

And they have gone a long way towards restoring relations with local businesses and have opened up relationships with local schools, charities and other good causes.

There are a lot of things which could be much better, including communication, but at least we are not being referred to as pond life by the CEO.

I think you know full well how different the circumstances were. You're no different to those that blindly suoppirted Fawaz, when it becomes apparent the horse you've backed is lame you then turn your attention on previous owners to justify the shitness of yours.

If we must keep bringing ND into it, he at least got us into the top 3 and his legacy is what's currently funding the halfwits in charge at the moment. What is EM'S?

I would not have used the word magnificent, or concur that we are equally shite, given that we have a long way to go before we plumb the depths of that era, but the Club are certainly much better run.
a long way to go.. hmm, we're about 5 points from league one you div

I think you know full well how different the circumstances were. You're no different to those that blindly suoppirted Fawaz, when it becomes apparent the horse you've backed is lame you then turn your attention on previous owners to justify the shitness of yours.

If we must keep bringing ND into it, he at least got us into the top 3 and his legacy is what's currently funding the halfwits in charge at the moment. What is EM'S?

Ah, when you your argument runs dry revert to fiction.

You do not like any comparisons being drawn with the ND era because it makes him look exactly how he was, an incredibly poor owner.

Premier League clubs keeping an eye on Forest’s Brennan Johnson

Brennan Johnson, the 19-year-old Nottingham Forest midfielder, is attracting interest from the Premier League and beyond on the back of his loan spell at Lincoln City, reports Paul Taylor.

Burnley and Championship side Brentford are both keen, and Leeds United are understood to have watched Johnson . Belgium’s Royale Union Saint-Gilloise are also pondering a bid — owned by Brighton chief Tony Bloom — on course for promotion to the top flight.

Premier League clubs keeping an eye on Forest’s Brennan Johnson

Brennan Johnson, the 19-year-old Nottingham Forest midfielder, is attracting interest from the Premier League and beyond on the back of his loan spell at Lincoln City, reports Paul Taylor.

Burnley and Championship side Brentford are both keen, and Leeds United are understood to have watched Johnson . Belgium’s Royale Union Saint-Gilloise are also pondering a bid — owned by Brighton chief Tony Bloom — on course for promotion to the top flight.

We agreed with Lincoln that we wouldn't recall him after a certain date, to give them time to replace him, so I guess he's not coming back this window.

You do not like any comparisons being drawn with the ND era because it makes him look exactly how he was, an incredibly poor owner.

Also because they're irrelevant...they have no impact on the mess created by the current owners.

Also because they're irrelevant...they have no impact on the mess created by the current owners.

So any form of comparison back to the golden days is irrelevant.

Now why is that I wonder?

And anyone who dares to make a comparison, gets bracketed in the same camp as those who supported Fawaz, even though there is not the most tenuous of links between the two.

ND was an incredibly poor owner.

Fawaz was an incredibly poor owner.

Marinakis is an incredibly poor owner.

So what?