England Winter Cricket thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

England Winter Cricket thread

Not possible down here today Bully - tonnes of the white stuff - what's that all about?!

Have you got much up north?
Some on the hills in the high peak but it’s missed Sheffield the ground is solid though which means the dog didn’t need a shower when she came back

root passes David gowers total to become the 4th highest scoring Englishman of all time :clap:

Bess after a scare goes a couple of balls later good innings from him did well to stick around with joe for so long

How impressive is that highest average of them all

wood didn’t last long leach needs another 1 for lasting till close

23DF60C6-7FD3-41D3-8EC4-4907A4277BB6.jpeg

What a way to get out lads too stiff to get back in his crease
in the last over of the day too gutted for him

What a way to get out lads too stiff to get back in his crease

A tweet from Kevin Sharp ex Yorks batsmen and batting coach sent to him by Craig White , ex Yorks all rounder-
"During a 2nd xi game
@OakhamCricket
in 2009 Root & Bairstow produced a magnificent partnership to chase down 400. Craig White said to me “I think we are seeing something very special here”. He was right
"

Wasn't he just??
How unlucky can you get??

Bloody magnificent effort from Joe - and a couple of the supporting cast.

Last edited:
This is seriously exciting -
Now you know what I mean about sitting with crossed fingers etc.- and why I think T20 is an abomination.

Great game of cricket yet it's taken the best part of 4 enthralling days to get to this stage - but it's gripping.

Now you know what I mean about sitting with crossed fingers etc.- and why I think T20 is an abomination.

Great game of cricket yet it's taken the best part of 4 enthralling days to get to this stage - but it's gripping.

I haven't watched cricket properly for years, since I was a girl living in Sheffield really. With occasional visits to matches at Trent Bridge, Galle since :)

Its such a pleasure to watch a match slowly unfold - rather than it all happen in the blink of an eye.

I haven't watched cricket properly for years, since I was a girl living in Sheffield really. With occasional visits to matches at Trent Bridge, Galle since :)

Its such a pleasure to watch a match slowly unfold - rather than it all happen in the blink of an eye.
As you will realise I love it Aya and am very much a purist in that i love the longer form- although I will watch most stuff when the Yorkshire boys are involved.

It was my intention to spend a summer in England watching Yorkshire all over but then the Mhome and the sun abroad took over.

As TC is my football 'god' then Joe is the cricketing equivalent- (but whisper it quietly on here as he's higher up in the overall picture!)

No panic at all!!!

England win by 6wkts and Joe has captained England to 5 away wins in a row, not achieved since 1913 and won as many games in Asia as any other England captain in history

Off to India where it will be a bit harder!

As you will realise I love it Aya and am very much a purist in that i love the longer form- although I will watch most stuff when the Yorkshire boys are involved.

It was my intention to spend a summer in England watching Yorkshire all over but then the Mhome and the sun abroad took over.

As TC is my football 'god' then Joe is the cricketing equivalent- (but whisper it quietly on here as he's higher up in the overall picture!)

Perhaps you could take the MH round England this summer TT watching Yorkshire - I'd take that at the moment. However, returning to Galle at some future point is a must.

Perhaps you could take the MH round England this summer TT watching Yorkshire - I'd take that at the moment. However, returning to Galle at some future point is a must.
It might well be the way but I'm not sure how much open to spectators cricket there will be.

I've got to be honest here too, I'm not a fan of 'holidays' in the UK. I have countless arguments with friends about this but my view is that if I want,say, mountains the it's worth going to the best,Austria or Switz ,not the Lakes or Scotland.

If i want beaches then, again, I want the best not Margate or Cornwall or wherever.

You get my drift? Same with food, if I want tapas then Whitby High St is not on my list!

However it may wll be that my options are limited and Whitby tapas might well be on my plate!

It might well be the way but I'm not sure how much open to spectators cricket there will be.

I've got to be honest here too, I'm not a fan of 'holidays' in the UK. I have countless arguments with friends about this but my view is that if I want,say, mountains the it's worth going to the best,Austria or Switz ,not the Lakes or Scotland.

If i want beaches then, again, I want the best not Margate or Cornwall or wherever.

You get my drift? Same with food, if I want tapas then Whitby High St is not on my list!

However it may wll be that my options are limited and Whitby tapas might well be on my plate!

I think it will be for this summer at least TT - although I've just had a message to say the Seychelles will be welcoming in anyone with a Vaccine Certificate from March (y):cool:

I think it will be for this summer at least TT - although I've just had a message to say the Seychelles will be welcoming in anyone with a Vaccine Certificate from March (y):cool:
Be a tough drive for us!
It's looking likely that such a trip will be the best way.
Should have been coming back from a month in S Africa this week- still, the snow looks nice

Good win in the end. I’m gutted, I didn’t get a chance to watch any of it today. Catch up calls.