• All of em

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Zen master, none of em

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

radfordinlondon

Vital Football Legend
Hard to say right now what is pissing me off more,

the fact that you cant have a conversation without noticing covid has fucked everything

The fact that brexit is fucking a shit load of people, not to say everyone

Forest continue to suck what little joy and hope was to be found in the world.

Sick of this shit chaps.

Football is our escape since Covid and since Covid we have been crap.Cracking chap!

Football is our escape since Covid and since Covid we have been crap.Cracking chap!

Exactly, just at the point we need our team to give us a little joyful escape it seems they are intent on dishing up dog shit.

Its just occurred to me this could be exceptional cunning by forest to be so shit that actually covid and brexit pale in comparison.

Definitely feeling more pissed off about football right now. Clever beggers

What gets me is thinking back just a year ago. The biggest concern of the country was Priti Patel being a bully and the official leaving of the EU.

I could shake hands with people. You could go to a cafe or restaurant any time you wanted. My daughter went to ballet every Saturday and swimming every Wednesday.

Unused to go into Nottingham regularly. We went to football matches with thousands and thought nothing of it. Queueing for shops was something teenagers did with fad brands or tech heads did at 4am outside Apple stores.

The last event I remember going to was a charity event hosted by the freemasons, and it was brilliant. I think back to that and it feels like a completely different world and a different life. A year on and it feels impossible to imagine that world existing again. But we are social creatures and we simply can't live like this forever

What gets me is thinking back just a year ago. The biggest concern of the country was Priti Patel being a bully and the official leaving of the EU.

I could shake hands with people. You could go to a cafe or restaurant any time you wanted. My daughter went to ballet every Saturday and swimming every Wednesday.

Unused to go into Nottingham regularly. We went to football matches with thousands and thought nothing of it. Queueing for shops was something teenagers did with fad brands or tech heads did at 4am outside Apple stores.

The last event I remember going to was a charity event hosted by the freemasons, and it was brilliant. I think back to that and it feels like a completely different world and a different life. A year on and it feels impossible to imagine that world existing again. But we are social creatures and we simply can't live like this forever

I think we might have to adapt...

I honestly can’t see this going away anytime soon, particularly with all the variants.

I think we might have to adapt...
Not possible I'm afraid.

It would be completely against both human nature and the virus's nature.

We are social creatures. We cannot live like this. We cannot. Our entire society across the world is based upon trade and commerce and always has been. "Adapting" makes that impossible. You would he talking about the end of society as we know it. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but how long can society function with the shops shut or at limited capacity? It can't.

But equally, the virus isn't going to respect basic social distancing. We "adapted" in the summer, still in ways that our economy could not survive with long term. And the virus roared back. It grows exponentially so there is little possibility that there is any adaptive balance we could strike while maintaining current human society.

The only option is to more or less eliminate it all together, which China seems to have done to a large extent.

Or we will just have to let people die. Horrible, but we are going to reach the point where we just have to accept that this virus will kill lots of us, like smallpox, Yrsinia Pestis, diphtheria, etc. We accepted that life might be short then; that is how humans have always settled it. We might have to just die in numbers until eventually those with natural resistance dominate the gene pool or the virus adapts to kill all of us

Not possible I'm afraid.

We are social creatures. We cannot live like this. We cannot. Our entire society across the world is based upon trade and commerce and always has been. "Adapting" makes that impossible. You would he talking about the end of society as we know it. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but how long can society function with the shops shut or at limited capacity? It can't.

But equally, the virus isn't going to respect basic social distancing. We "adapted" in the summer, still in ways that our economy could not survive with long term. And the virus roared back. It grows exponentially so there is little possibility that there is any adaptive balance we could strike while maintaining current human society.

The only option is to more or less eliminate it all together, which China seems to have done to a large extent.

Or we will just have to let people die. Horrible, but we are going to reach the point where we just have to accept that this virus will kill lots of us, like smallpox, Yrsinia Pestis, diphtheria, etc. We accepted that life might be short then; that is how humans have always settled it. We might have to just die in numbers until eventually those with natural resistance dominate the gene pool or the virus adapts to kill all of us

I'm not suggesting we will be in lockdown forever but masks and social distancing will become the norm for many years. They're common place in other parts of the world so yes we can adapt. How we work will also change.

I'm not suggesting we will be in lockdown forever but masks and social distancing will become the norm for many years. They're common place in other parts of the world so yes we can adapt. How we work will also change.
Don't think so.

This is a battle for survival between us and the virus. I don't believe there is any balance that can be struck between its desire for survival and ours.

We were already doing those things as well as you can hope for British people to do them in the summer and autumn. It came roaring back and is far worse than originally now. Back in march we had no safety measures and allowed super-spreader events.

This winter we.... Social distanced, worked differently, masked up. The British population isn't going to do that in the future better than we did then. It hasn't worked, it has resulted in worse than when we did none of those things.

I don't believe there is likely to be an equilibrium we can strike whereby permanent social distancing keeps a virus that wants to spread at bay.

Yes, Asian countries mask up. But that is because they are in a) hyper dense cities and b), because of pollution more than disease

Don't think so.

This is a battle for survival between us and the virus. I don't believe there is any balance that can be struck between its desire for survival and ours.

We were already doing those things as well as you can hope for British people to do them in the summer and autumn. It came roaring back and is far worse than originally now. Back in march we had no safety measures and allowed super-spreader events.

This winter we.... Social distanced, worked differently, masked up. The British population isn't going to do that in the future better than we did then. It hasn't worked, it has resulted in worse than when we did none of those things.

I don't believe there is likely to be an equilibrium we can strike whereby permanent social distancing keeps a virus that wants to spread at bay.

Yes, Asian countries mask up. But that is because they are in a) hyper dense cities and b), because of pollution more than disease
This is taking it too far, I think.
Parts of London, in particular, are probably close to herd immunity if you treat the Wuhan and Kent strains as one. Yes, it will evolve - everything does - but it is still likely there will be some sort of protection.
Yes, we might have to come to terms with higher annual mortality. If people accept vaccines, and they are updated appropriately, this particular suite of viruses will not condemn us like this for ever.

The will be another one along in due course..

This is taking it too far, I think.
Parts of London, in particular, are probably close to herd immunity if you treat the Wuhan and Kent strains as one. Yes, it will evolve - everything does - but it is still likely there will be some sort of protection.
Yes, we might have to come to terms with higher annual mortality. If people accept vaccines, and they are updated appropriately, this particular suite of viruses will not condemn us like this for ever.

The will be another one along in due course..
From a scientific point of view though, how will masks/social distancing make a difference to a virus that has been shown to superspread even with them, or to a vaccinated population?

Not possible I'm afraid.

Try to take a little cheer from the fact that football is worse than covid right now.