The EFL Trophy Draw Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The EFL Trophy Draw Thread

Bit of a shocker really. Arguably the best team, away. Will probably be two weakened teams gunning for it,we shall see.

In any case I'd rather a win in the league than in this competition.

Three games with Hull in the next few weeks now. It is like waiting for buses. Years without a match and now this. Hull seem a funny team. They lose to teams like Fleetwood, Blackpool and Shrewsbury, and then beat Portsmouth, after losing to them at home. Hope history repeats on Tuesday, as Portsmouth beat us up here too.

Could have been better, but gives us the chance to remove one of the other ‘big’ clubs. I’m beginning to think this could be an Imps v Sunderland Final (or semi-final), which could be fun given their views of us 😂🤪🤣

Could have been better, but gives us the chance to remove one of the other ‘big’ clubs. I’m beginning to think this could be an Imps v Sunderland Final (or semi-final), which could be fun given their views of us 😂🤪🤣
We might as well not bother. If they were generous enough to play with 9 men we might have a sniff. Sunday morning kick-off would also be to our advantage, our pub team having great experience of such things.

We could have drawn the least rated club and still got beat, its football, cup football. Bring it on, it makes winning at Wembley all the more sweeter knowing the journey you've been on to get there.
Spot on. You've got to beat the best to be the best.
If we win, great, more cash in the coffers. If we lose, meh! We get to put 100% effort, without distraction, into our promotion push. What's not to like?

I think being away will suit us as some of the away performances have been arguably better than at home.

A Sunderland view -

"Good draw for us. One of Hull or Lincoln will be going out as well.

Wanted to avoid Hull, Lincoln and Peterborough and happy to play away as teams dont sit back against as much away."

Will be an interesting match. No doubt both sides will be trying to size each other up and find the others game plan for the real match a week later. Wouldn’t be surprised if both sides make numerous changes and plenty of smoke and mirrors For this one.