Rate the Ref : Home to Northampton 23.01.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Northampton 23.01.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Anthony Backhouse was in the middle today. How do you think he did. Comments and votes out of 10 please

Bit of a mixed bag for me. Just a bit too fussy in general but probably (with Lincoln goggles on ) got the penalty shout right and generally okay but slightly annoying.

5.5 for me

Other than failure to give them a cast iron lined stonewall penalty, he did ok.
He never used to help us out at all, at least not that I can remember.
5/10, the mistake probably made the win safe.
If someone can convince me it wasn't a penalty, I'll upgrade to 8

5 fussy and missed a pen for both teams. A couple of good advantages but on both should have yellow carded the offender

A couple of people said he was fussy. I was thinking he let a lot more challenges go than we normally see?

Two pens missed. That's forgiveable. You must wait to take the free kick when I say not when you want to take it .Stop the game! A player.needs to tie his laces ! Seen worst though 5/10 for me

5 reffed us a lot in recent years, improved from his early "I'm the star" performances to be a solid L1 ref. This was a bit of a relapse, too fussy and drove the match thread nuts in the first half blowing for petty fouls, breaking up the rhythm of the game when he could have let the game flow.

Let us off the hook with that foul and possible penalty at 1-0

Thought he was fine tbh. About what you'd expect from a League 1 Ref, nothing that got me too riled up or marked him out as exceptional. So 6.

6 Could have and, maybe, should have given a pen against Bridcutt, consequently, a possible sending-off. Also, could easily have given one against Bolger for chopping down Johnson. Bizarre stopping of the game for shoelace-tying and generally a bit pernickety.