Will Ings mean the end for Vinnie & Bale? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Will Ings mean the end for Vinnie & Bale?

The bottom line is Vinnie will cost us around 40 mill, Ings probably less than half that.

Ings is experienced in the PL, Vinnie, not so much, afraid for a manager that thinks about the here and the clubs desperation to win something/anything now and not later, he'd be a must.

So why did we bring Vinnie over if we weren't serious? Guess just a emergency back up if Kane fell.

Agree on Danny

The trouble with not using Vinicius is that the long held belief that strikers will have that they will get virtually no game time unless there is a Kane injury is being proved - again.
If Ings has half a brain he will avoid us like the plague especially if he hankers after playing for England again.
Happily I think that when he goes back Vinicius is young enough to re-establish his career. My own belief is that given the opportunity and coaching he could make a real impact in the Premier League.

The trouble with not using Vinicius is that the long held belief that strikers will have that they will get virtually no game time unless there is a Kane injury is being proved - again.
If Ings has half a brain he will avoid us like the plague especially if he hankers after playing for England again.
Happily I think that when he goes back Vinicius is young enough to re-establish his career. My own belief is that given the opportunity and coaching he could make a real impact in the Premier League.
54, very true, but like I said on another thread, if Ings wants to play for a Top 6 Prem side he will have to have the attitude "I am prepared to fight for my place".

For me as you, we have Sid Vicious, still young and will give way more than Ings ever will.

The bottom line is Vinnie will cost us around 40 mill, Ings probably less than half that.
Don't quite follow the logic there Ex. Did we not know he'd cost us 40 mill before we agreed to the loan?. Why did we take up the loan option if there a) no intention of using him and b) no intention of buying either?!

The lad has skills. He needs to be given the opportunity to show his stuff. No point in him being here if Jose is only going to use him in the dying seconds of games. He should be getting the last 10-15 minutes of games.
If our team could be trusted to hang to the lead then bringing in earlier subs makes sense. In principle I agree with you wholeheartedly, but how many times, even with a two goal cushion, we hear posters say "we need another" to be safe?! Also, it's the Jose's 'safer' approach that denies the likes of Vin any game time.

Our players have a habit of taking their foot off the gas as soon as we score. I have seen it where if a sub is given 15/20 mins game time, the rest of the team stops playing and the subs barely get a touch. That is one my biggest criticism of our mentality....the easing off. I see every other team trying for 90 mins to add to their goal tally.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see whether Jose uses his subs differently in the second half of the season. We could almost guarantee that Ndombele would get subbed whereas Hojbjerg, Sissoko and Kane wouldn't. Regular subs would be Gio, Moura, Lamela (when fit), Davies etc.

I'm so hopeful that Ndombele can now be our 90 minute midfield maestro. That might mean we might start seeing some Kane / Vini switches. Kane isn't exactly built for marathon running and often looks out on his feet in the last 10 mins. Why wouldn't we have a high energy, line leading sub like that on the pitch?

If our team could be trusted to hang to the lead then bringing in earlier subs makes sense. In principle I agree with you wholeheartedly, but how many times, even with a two goal cushion, we hear posters say "we need another" to be safe?! Also, it's the Jose's 'safer' approach that denies the likes of Vin any game time.

Our players have a habit of taking their foot off the gas as soon as we score. I have seen it where if a sub is given 15/20 mins game time, the rest of the team stops playing and the subs barely get a touch. That is one my biggest criticism of our mentality....the easing off. I see every other team trying for 90 mins to add to their goal tally.
Critical, how many of us have said that? ie "taking the foot off the gas", it really does do my head in! and further the question has to be WHY?