Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares? | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares?

At least Figs got away with the moment when he almost nutmegged himself on the edge of his own area instead of just playing the ball.

I do agree with you, but you don’t see that sort of thing if the managers standards are high enough. You’d never see those mistakes under a Warnock, and he’s hardly got a team of flair players.

I remember when Forest sacked Billy after back to back play off seasons - the team went from disciplined and good in possession to just plain dreadful under mcclaren, with all the mistakes you’re referring to despite it being generally the same team.

It has to be a training issue because if they are doing that, why isn’t he demanding they move the ball quicker.

I dont think it's a case of Hughton not having high standards or lack of discipline. Look at his records at his previous clubs - he wouldn't have had the success he's had if he wasn't demanding of his players.

I think it's still a case of him having walked into a car crash of a club with a squad that isn't as good as it looks on paper, and yes he is probably finding it a little tougher to turn around than he perhaps thought.

Remember there were some pretty dreadful performances and results early on for managers like Davies (1-3 at home to Derby, 5-1 at Burnley) and Karanka (0-3 at home to Preston).

It's still fairly early in CH's reign. As calamitous as today was, it shouldn't be forgotten that we've just come off the back of a relatively good run and started to slowly pull away from the bottom 3.

We can't just give managers 20 games and then get rid if they dont have us flying. People might be pissed off after today but if a new manager came in and started tearing strips off the players then it would pretty much seal our relegation.

They finished 14th and that was a one off - this is every single week with Forest and we’re nearly in the relegation zone and should be if not for his awful other teams are.

Leeds also lost 5 of the remaining 7 games after we smashed them, and had a player sent off in 4 of them.

I dont think it's a case of Hughton not having high standards or lack of discipline. Look at his records at his previous clubs - he wouldn't have had the success he's had if he wasn't demanding of his players.

I think it's still a case of him having walked into a car crash of a club with a squad that isn't as good as it looks on paper, and yes he is probably finding it a little tougher to turn around than he perhaps thought.

Remember there were some pretty dreadful performances and results early on for managers like Davies (1-3 at home to Derby, 5-1 at Burnley) and Karanka (0-3 at home to Preston).

It's still fairly early in CH's reign. As calamitous as today was, it shouldn't be forgotten that we've just come off the back of a relatively good run and started to slowly pull away from the bottom 3.

We can't just give managers 20 games and then get rid if they dont have us flying. People might be pissed off after today but if a new manager came in and started tearing strips off the players then it would pretty much seal our relegation.
We are never gonna survive chap unless we get a little bit crazy .

The scoreline is a bit irrelevant today as we were well in the game at 1-2. Away to one of the best sides in this division (on paper, and with both teams playing several reserves).

Once the ref gives that penalty and Smith guesses wrong, the game's over. If he'd guessed right and saved it we might have gone a lot closer or even won. Felt sorry for Smith - kept us in it in the first half and had little chance with the goals, apart from one which hit his leg and spun inside the post rather than going for a corner.

Sorry, I want to see evidence that the manager is good, I want to see progress and positives. All that is nonsense the way we are performing, there's absolutely no progress at all

I'd be happy if any of our signings in this window had the manager's SEAL of approval.
so you think Murray was the answer? Not youth and energy and something to prove, but a 37 yar old ex player of his. That SEALS his lack of modern day nouse to me

The scoreline is a bit irrelevant today as we were well in the game at 1-2. Away to one of the best sides in this division (on paper, and with both teams playing several reserves).

Once the ref gives that penalty and Smith guesses wrong, the game's over. If he'd guessed right and saved it we might have gone a lot closer or even won. Felt sorry for Smith - kept us in it in the first half and had little chance with the goals, apart from one which hit his leg and spun inside the post rather than going for a corner.
People give me stick for weed, what are you using, Ritalin?

You do baffle me, Pebble. Every time we lose, or play shite, you come up with one of these type of posts. Surely even your glass can’t be half full after that.

Agreed the penalty decision was an absolute joke probably a case of a premiership ref who normally has the safety net of VAR to correct decisions they get wrong, it was a shame because they had come out with a purpose and in theory were back in the game.
The worrying thing is how the players allowed that decision to knock the stuffing out of them, when they should have said to themselves you're not going to cheat us out of it with decisions like that, rolled their sleeves up & really got stuck in, but instead they appeared to just give up. It's that lack of mental strength that is one of the main problems with this set of players any little setback they go to pieces,

Agreed the penalty decision was an absolute joke probably a case of a premiership ref who normally has the safety net of VAR to correct decisions they get wrong, it was a shame because they had come out with a purpose and in theory were back in the game.
The worrying thing is how the players allowed that decision to knock the stuffing out of them, when they should have said to themselves you're not going to cheat us out of it with decisions like that, rolled their sleeves up & really got stuck in, but instead they appeared to just give up. It's that lack of mental strength that is one of the main problems with this set of players any little setback they go to pieces,
Disagree that their reaction was that bad. Some, maybe - but the decision made a huge difference.

AT 2-1, with Forest getting on top, Swansea were seriously tested for the first time in the game. Another ten minutes of that and we might have been level.

3-1 gives them the confidence to relax and ping more balls out to the wing, get the runners moving in for the kill, and they executed that plan ruthlessly. 3-1 means Forest have no real hope of winning, so get desperate and get caught on the counter.

People give me stick for weed, what are you using, Ritalin?
Wine, but I have nothing against weed.

Can't take today as a serious test of our league fortunes as it was a different side for the cup. A win would be great, but the league is our priority.

If the manager doesn't get us moving up the table he'll probably be gone soon - so I hope he does improve results and we get some continuity and patience.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with the football we're playing right now. One possible gleam of hope is that maybe Lolley's playing himself into a bit of form.

You do baffle me, Pebble. Every time we lose, or play shite, you come up with one of these type of posts. Surely even your glass can’t be half full after that.
Far from it - but it was a cup game with a reserve side.

So even a 5-1 defeat isn't the end of the world, though it still hurts. Once the ref gives them a joke penalty at 2-1, that scoreline becomes quite likely.