Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares? | Vital Football

Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares?

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
And he answer is.... I do. In my own mind I didn't intend to do any more of these when our good luck run ran out but knowing how many of you regard the FA cup games I thought bugger it, time to get stuck in. So far as I'm concerned if you are competing you must do your best, can you imagine if you play for or support a Conference side the feeling you will get if your team manages to beat Chelsea or Man Utd ? Or even if it's Forest doing the same thing. Doesn't happen often but when it does it's magic.

Anyway I know very little about Swansea except that they are Welsh and better than us, never been there and have no desire to start now so over to you fellows who know a lot more than I do. I just hope that we put out a decent side and make a fist of it.

People now don't seem bothered about the FA Cup, but a couple of wins, and you start getting interesting fixtures, especially when we already know Man City could be up next. Also gives the manager a chance to look at a few players, give them some match practice, even try out something a bit different etc It isn't like our squad is too small to cope.

Chance for the manager to look at Smith, Jenkinson and Bong again today, plus probably a proper run out for Lolley , Taylor and maybe Knockaert. Maybe try out Cafu in the Yates role and Freeman as the 10, assuming he's fit again

One of the things I admire about Swansea is that they have a football philosophy; they play an effective passing game. It’s not pointless passing, they have achieved some success with it.

I wish we could retain the ball as well, not necessarily to have a possession based game like Swansea, but by adapting our counter attacking style to break quickly and effectively, using excellent passing. It’s a method that we lack. Maybe Krovinovic will be the man to fill the missing link in our midfield; to make us a more cohesive team.

We won’t see the new man today but let’s hope for a better team performance, with more intensity, better passing and movement.

One of the things I admire about Swansea is that they have a football philosophy; they play an effective passing game. It’s not pointless passing, they have achieved some success with it.

I wish we could retain the ball as well, not necessarily to have a possession based game like Swansea, but by adapting our counter attacking style to break quickly and effectively, using excellent passing. It’s a method that we lack. Maybe Krovinovic will be the man to fill the missing link in our midfield; to make us a more cohesive team.

We won’t see the new man today but let’s hope for a better team performance, with more intensity, better passing and movement.
A lot of Swansea passing over the last few years has been extremely pointless

Think this will only work in the U.K. & the commentary will be in Welsh but if you have the iPlayer app on Tv or whatever device go to settings & change your location to Wales & we are live on bbc1 at 3.

Make sure you have a tv license & it’s all legal & above board. Plus no need to pm banger for links, though that should always be your first port of call.

@Our Kids Dad i have run this by my crack lawyers & it shouldn’t cause any issues with streaming

Last edited:
Team looks actually quite good, more attacking than the league first choice side. Soh in midfield with bach and Freeman Infront.

Team looks actually quite good, more attacking than the league first choice side. Soh in midfield with bach and Freeman Infront.

Yes, should be interesting to see Soh in midfield, assuming we're not playing 3 at the back. Also get to see if Bachirou is any better than we think he is, and if Freeman has returned to form.