#COVID19 | Page 768 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Fire service stopped from helping vaccine rollout by the unions, says watchdog

Officials claim an agreement allowing firefighters to help NHS workers in the pandemic has been scrapped over health and safety fears.

Don’t you just love Unions, always reliable in a time of crisis.

Fire service stopped from helping vaccine rollout by the unions, says watchdog

Officials claim an agreement allowing firefighters to help NHS workers in the pandemic has been scrapped over health and safety fears.

Don’t you just love Unions, always reliable in a time of crisis.

Yes because the Tory landed gentry have really helped working people all through this pandemic

Rolling 7 days it’s 2.1m/week.
it’s disingenuous to count the 2 week period where we only had 800k Pfizer vaccine in the country
It's not disingenuous when people are going to die because of it.

It averages at 1m a week.

Last weekend we were talking about just over three million being done.

Now going into this weekend we are talking about 4m being done.

You keep saying its 1.7m or 2m a week, yet every time we get an update a week later it seems to have gone up by 1 million

Something has to be done to support people to stay away from work.

You then have to hope the numbers abusing that system are low. Even if they do, if they get it and isolate properly, that might be the end of its line (or passed to a friend or two for the cash) but that could well be better than going to work and passing it on that way. It is awful that the people tempted into deliberately catching a fatal disease will be the most vulnerable but I think this will be a relatively small number and good people need help to do the right thing. That should probably be the focus.

How do you feel about testing vaccines on Africans and then charging them more than double per dose?

You keep saying its 1.7m or 2m a week, yet every time we get an update a week later it seems to have gone up by 1 million

What are you on about?
There was over 5 million recorded as done by 5pm yesterday.
We are hitting a rolling average of over 2 million a week!

Where are you getting 4m from as it’s incorrect? We did more than 4m by last Sunday.

How do you feel about testing vaccines on Africans and then charging them more than double per dose?
On a more serious note, I don't feel bad that testing occurred there. I don't really think that is part of the equation at all. In fact I would hope that testing occurred in as many ethnicities as possible. (Something you have highlighted before, no? Saying that it was only tested on too limited a set of ethnicities?) Having the tests in SA is IMO a bonus for South Africans.

I can see how the clickbait works though: "First you're a Guinea pig testing a potentially dangerous new drug, now we charge you double for it. The empire is alive and well. Mwahahaha." I just don't think it works like that in terms of the Guinea pig-ness.

Different story from the pricing of an approved, life-saving drug in the midst of a pandemic.

Last edited:
On a more serious note, I don't feel bad that testing occurred there. I don't really think that is part of the equation at all. In fact I would hope that testing occurred in as many ethnicities as possible. (Something you have highlighted before, no? Saying that it was only tested on too limited a set of ethnicities?) Having the tests in SA is IMO a bonus for South Africans.

I can see how the clickbait works though: "First you're a Guinea pig testing a potentially dangerous new drug, now we charge you double for it. The empire is alive and well. Mwahahaha." I just don't think it works like that in terms of the Guinea pig-ness.

Different story from the pricing of an approved drug.

It certainly feels colonial once you factor in the pricing. I appreciate wide testing is very much desirable but in conjunction with more than doubling the price it feels pretty repugnant to me.

The price should be half, not double.

It certainly feels colonial once you factor in the pricing. I appreciate wide testing is very much desirable but in conjunction with more than doubling the price it feels pretty repugnant to me.

The price should be half, not double.
I don't know the numbers, but what if the amount of investment that had gone into the development meant that the sales would actually turn out to be at half price for South Africans?
(They are apparently justifying it based on the amount of previous investment.)

It throws me back to brexiters telling me that lefty universities only wanted to stay in the EU because of the gravy train funding we get from them.

Well, turns out knowledge is indeed power. Who would have thought it!

At least we are in Horizon Europe, but much damage has already been done and it is unclear how much will be recoverable.

Edit: my point being that the UK and other EU nations have been investing in, and reaping the rewards of, the scientific excellence that has made this possible for decades.

Obviously not with Clarkson and the rest of the gammons. It's shameful that the Tories have tried their very best not to feed hungry children. While giving billions worth of contracts to mates and donors.

Attachments

• C00B4806-EF17-4E21-90F0-5A3E87C834DF.jpeg
    C00B4806-EF17-4E21-90F0-5A3E87C834DF.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1

It’s probably all done on an excel sheet again