Callum Morton | Page 3 | Vital Football

Callum Morton

Excellent news, I don't mind Hopper (very clever at buying free-kicks in a not so obvious a way in which Rheady won them) but am slightly concerned at his positioning at times and lack of clear cut opportunities in front of goal .... 2 fell for Jones, which he should have been in the slot for.

We can't keep relying on the centre half to score goals so the more competition up front the better. Fleetwood is a prime example where Morton would have started today, with Hopper carrying that knock.

It's unrealistic to expect Scully or Soule to start in the 9 role in L1 at this stage in their careers as they aren't physically that type of player. Both have a place though with their high energy to come on and ease the burden from a game management perspective supplemented by some starts in The EFL Trophy games.

I'm not totally sure, but thought Hopper could have thrown himself at a HA shot across the box yesterday. It didn't look beyond impossible to get something on it.
Maybe if he was 100%, or a more predatory forward may have done.

I'm not totally sure, but thought Hopper could have thrown himself at a HA shot across the box yesterday. It didn't look beyond impossible to get something on it.
Maybe if he was 100%, or a more predatory forward may have done.

Or maybe it was further away from him than that one camera angle showed?

The old adage about worrying if you are not getting chances applies.

On another day the cross would have been a yard nearer him and he would have tapped it in and he would have also hit our best chance a yard wide of the keeper.
Hey presto, Man of the match.

Or maybe it was further away from him than that one camera angle showed?

The old adage about worrying if you are not getting chances applies.

On another day the cross would have been a yard nearer him and he would have tapped it in and he would have also hit our best chance a yard wide of the keeper.
Hey presto, Man of the match.
Like I said, "not totally sure".

A wasted two months or so waiting for him to get fit then. I wonder why he might now need one but didn't a few weeks back?

Normally with the length of time that he has been out you'd have thought that we'd have returned him to Albion by now but with the quality of Morton it's worth persevering with. You think how he came good with Northampton at the end of last season he could be a real asset in the run in.