New Song for a New Era | Vital Football

New Song for a New Era

LA_Imp

Vital Squad Member
Quick bit of background - Last time I was back in Lincoln was 2017 Christmas period and I caught two games at Sincil Bank. One feature that was new to me was the playing of Sweet Caroline at the end of the game. This was the first time witnessing and hearing this and once I got over the surprise, I quite enjoyed how the fans were into it. However, I understand this was part of the Cowley engagement.

When crowds are back in I think it would be good to keep the fan singalong experience at the end of the match, but maybe with another track to represent a new and exciting era. I thought I would start a thread with suggestions for songs that would work for Lincoln and that people could get behind to help create that Sincil Bank/LNER atmosphere.

I can start us off with - "You to Me are Everything" by the Real Thing.

Catchy tune, should be known by the older crowd, and can be found on the interwebs by the younguns. The lyrics could certainly speak to the enjoyment of a football club by a fan. Could take us places. Feel free to add your own suggestions.

The novelty of Sweet Caroline very quickly wore off for me. It seemed to be at every game I went to and virtually every live sport on tv. It got to stage where it really ground my ginger. Everything in moderation! Apart from beer, of course.
However, recent years at the bank have seen some good music at half time. We even had the team running out to Tenpole Tudor one season.

The novelty of Sweet Caroline very quickly wore off for me. It seemed to be at every game I went to and virtually every live sport on tv. It got to stage where it really ground my ginger. Everything in moderation! Apart from beer, of course.
However, recent years at the bank have seen some good music at half time. We even had the team running out to Tenpole Tudor one season.

Agreed, I am not sure when in the last few years it seemed to become a sort of sporting anthem. I've noticed it at boxing matches as well.

Agreed, I am not sure when in the last few years it seemed to become a sort of sporting anthem. I've noticed it at boxing matches as well.
Not 100% sure but I think Sweet Caroline first became a sort of fans theme song at the cricket T20 finals day. Even if by the slightest chance a sport loving fan doesn’t like cricket the T20 finals day is a brilliant day out.

Didn’t mind Sweet Caroline, least ways was preferable walking out the stadium to “You’ve had a bad day” which was pretty common in the previous seasons

Not 100% sure but I think Sweet Caroline first became a sort of fans theme song at the cricket T20 finals day. Even if by the slightest chance a sport loving fan doesn’t like cricket the T20 finals day is a brilliant day out.
Amazing, how many times you can get to the bar inside 40 overs of cricket!
Feed the snake :cheers:

I really liked the walk out music we had last season. I believe it was Stranglehold by Ted Nugent, which has since become one of my most played songs on Spotify. An excellent song that gets me going for a match or anything important now.