Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

I've seen rumours today that we have an ex American league player on trial from the ever reliable Twitters, as I am a bit bored I spent 20 minutes of my life looking at who it could be.
Now out of my 20 minute research I have come up with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Wyke just had contract ended with Atalanta Right side of defence or mid apparently, Ex Man United up to age 16 born in Bolton. I have no reason for coming up with this conclusion, so please ignore and carry on with your lives

Seen the rumour on Twitter as well, Seems to have originated with Ellis Chapman's Father so I am presuming its true as Ellis will still talk to friends within the Lincoln squad.

I've seen rumours today that we have an ex American league player on trial from the ever reliable Twitters, as I am a bit bored I spent 20 minutes of my life looking at who it could be.
Now out of my 20 minute research I have come up with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Wyke just had contract ended with Atalanta Right side of defence or mid apparently, Ex Man United up to age 16 born in Bolton. I have no reason for coming up with this conclusion, so please ignore and carry on with your lives

Chris Cadden mentioned earlier in the thread is ex MLS. But he is now under contract at Hibs. Highly rated right back.
We couldn't nick another from Hibs could we?
Would be a fee involved so doubtful. Plus it would be odd having a trial at this stage.
Would be a great signing though, being a right back.

I tend to look at who follows the account and that account is followed by Mark from the Echo and Pete O'Rourke who always seems to be very accurate so it doesn't seem like a twitter account who makes up rumours for fun.

Although we will never know what they class as an "Interest"

yes Pete O’Rourke had tweeted it too now so that confirms that it comes from a reasonably reliable source to me at least.

Chris Cadden mentioned earlier in the thread is ex MLS. But he is now under contract at Hibs. Highly rated right back.
Would be a fee involved so doubtful. Plus it would be odd having a trial at this stage.

Maybe if their financial situation means they need some players off the books to save on wages?

I've no idea if it does of course - just speculating.

I always thought highly rated players left Scotland, rather than went there.

The Football League World website are saying Hughton has decided Brennan is staying with us for the rest of the season. Anyone else seen confirmation?

I think Football Insider is basically Peter O'Rourke.
The Josh Pask rumour is interesting. A good player from my memory. Would be a good signing for most league 1 clubs I would have thought. I doubt we’re in for him so not probably not a Lincoln rumour.

just looked and barely played for Coventry. Must be a different player I’m thinking of.

The Josh Pask rumour is interesting. A good player from my memory. Would be a good signing for most league 1 clubs I would have thought. I doubt we’re in for him so not probably not a Lincoln rumour.

just looked and barely played for Coventry. Must be a different player I’m thinking of.
can play right wing back, centre back, holding midfield... sounds like the kind of multi-position player MA likes. just recovered from injury, ideal candidate for a loan to provide competition in a few positions. wonder where he will end up?

Michael Mancienne I've been told.

Seems a strange one a 33yo centre back.

Unless we have a potential sale or long term injury in that area.

It might make sense as backup/rotation at rb, backup at cb given we've had injuries to all of our current 3 and a backup option at holding midfield. It's a wise head to help see out games off the bench and to help the younger players in training. If this is true.

Would probably cover Bridcutt? Played RB a bit as well I think, so in that respect maybe Gotts replacement.

Never played below a Championship level.