Imps in Exile | Page 13 | Vital Football

Imps in Exile

Something like that. For some reason, they made me a prefect in the 5th year. Probably because I was a quietly stroppy sarcy little fucker and they were hoping to co-opt me. I just used it as an excuse to use the common room.

They even made *me* a prefect in the 6th form, that is no claim to fame!

Tudor(yellow) Stewart(green) Windsor(red) and York(blue)...have I got that right?
Now extended to include Lancaster I believe. Windsor for me. Windsor rugby side were coached by Tom Coates who died very young of a heart attack I think. I played FB and always made sure I was the wrong side of the pitch.

Now extended to include Lancaster I believe. Windsor for me. Windsor rugby side were coached by Tom Coates who died very young of a heart attack I think. I played FB and always made sure I was the wrong side of the pitch.

He did, whilst out jogging. We were about to do the 6th Form review with him being gently lampooned when he died. Needless to say, it was cancelled. I suspect it was never done again.

Good bloke Tom Coates. Yes very young when he died. Believe he was a heavy smoker.
I played in the 2nd row when playing rugby.
It was great, you could always have a good scrap without being hauled off to Mr Rowdens office, the headmaster, for the stick.
Was it Rowden, not sure I've got that right now?

A quick update to the list - I've split between international and UK based Imps and for some the location is at the town/city level and for others it is region or state:

International:

Michigan
Chicago
Los Angeles
United Arab Emirates
Australia (Perth I assume :wave: )
South Africa

UK

Penydarren
Portsmouth
Barnsley
Barnard Castle
London
Telford
Oxford
Buckinghamshire
Stoke-On-Trent
Whitwick
Altrincham
Sedgeley
South Yorkshire
Chester
Warrington
Hartlepool
There's a Brisbane and Perth Imp I think.

Good bloke Tom Coates. Yes very young when he died. Believe he was a heavy smoker.
It was great, you could always have a good scrap without being hauled off to Mr Rowdens office, the headmaster, for the stick.

Reynolds, I think.

Ivan Reynolds was head when I was there if that is who you mean. Mr Steele for metalwork and Mr English for maths before Mr Baron who was a fierce. There was a young female biology teacher whose name I forget, but she was fit. Dear old Charlie Buchan for Physics who should have been retired at least 20 years previous, deaf as a post.

Ivan Reynolds was head when I was there if that is who you mean. Mr Steele for metalwork and Mr English for maths before Mr Baron who was a fierce. There was a young female biology teacher whose name I forget, but she was fit. Dear old Charlie Buchan for Physics who should have been retired at least 20 years previous, deaf as a post.

Same for me, but Mr Hopkins for physics. And the poison dwarf, Mr Nelson, for Chemistry. Horrible little man.

Remember all of them very well.
Do you remember the huts on the other side of RP? I went to them whilst they built Ling Moor Junior School.
The huts must of been there a fair while as I remember taking my French oral exam in them while I was at RP.

Mr Hopkins lived on Matlock Drive.

He didn't suffer fools gladly! Once asked me for the value of Pi. I recited in to 8 decimal places to which he replied sarcastically "Oh, I suppose you know it to that length, do you?"

I punched it up on my Casio FX39 and held it up to him. 😁

I only knew it from repeatedly punching it up on the calculator when bored in class. Shut him up, though.

Steele for metalwork I can deal with, but was English for maths somewhat confusing?

I'm a bit surprised to see all this RPS nostalgia on this thread.

I was asked to play cricket for Rustons when I was 16. They were a poor side, but several of them were my teachers there. For those who can remember them Messrs Brown, Thomas, Owen, West, and Hopkins and a couple more who I can't recall right now.

This gave me a real dilemma. In no way was I going to call them "sir" on the pitch, but neither at that age could I bring myself to call them by their given names.

This was a bit embarrassing if I wanted to attract attention to anything, all I could do was desperately search for eye contact and yell when any of them saw me.