#COVID19 | Page 758 | Vital Football

#COVID19

My daughter went to the Ashfield Health Village last night, where they are vaccinating frontline NHS staff. Got the Pfizer jab, after previously being told she shouldn't have it . People in Long Eaton are getting local jabs. Personally if someone offered me one a hundred miles away today, I'd still be off like a shot, rather than being on here moaning about it.

Obesity adds morbidity but not necessarily all that much. In the US 52% of hospital patients were obese compared with 42% prevalence. This compared to 56% hypertension from a 26% prevalence (not good news for me).

We are not the most obese nation in Europe and our prevalence is miles off the USA (by about 15%) and only about 7% higher than the lowest prevalence in Europe.

You know as well as I do that Mr Johnson's dithering and poor ability to reach a decision when there are multiple options are the key factor.

Don't try blaming the public

People have a responsibility to look after themselves. Don't smoke as it causes all kinds of cancers. Don't drink too much as it damages vital organs. Don't be obese and exercise more as obesity contributes to type 2 and heart attacks.

We, as a country have the 3rd highest obesity rate in Europe, personal responsibility cannot be shelved so you can blame only the government.

Last edited:
What would you say the butcher did well on COVID other than the vaccine?

He hasn't done well on the vaccine, he's deliberately slowing down to preserve the stock!!
Closing off supermarket aisles was a particularly low point, these had clothes, books, etc. on them. Classing sanitary products as not essential too was criminal.

Wales don't deserve the butcher.

My daughter went to the Ashfield Health Village last night, where they are vaccinating frontline NHS staff. Got the Pfizer jab, after previously being told she shouldn't have it . People in Long Eaton are getting local jabs. Personally if someone offered me one a hundred miles away today, I'd still be off like a shot, rather than being on here moaning about it.
An odd criticism to make at a forum full of people who have NOT been offered a vaccination 100 miles away

Last edited:
He hasn't done well on the vaccine, he's deliberately slowing down to preserve the stock!!
Closing off supermarket aisles was a particularly low point, these had clothes, books, etc. on them. Classing sanitary products as not essential too was criminal.

Wales don't deserve the butcher.

So nothing then?

Can't understand Drakeford's 'strategy' at all.

The optics of having vaccinators standing around doing nothing with zero added to the Vaccinated List each day would be painful but not his fault if there hasn't been enough delivered. Probably more expensive that way too, but so what? Is it that the jabbers would have to be taken away from other healthcare tasks? That would be a fairly good reason for the current strategy but I can't see many others.

Having vaccine waiting in vials is awful. At best this is a comms disaster.

Can't understand Drakeford's 'strategy' at all.

The optics of having vaccinators standing around doing nothing with zero added to the Vaccinated List each day would be painful but not his fault if there hasn't been enough delivered. Probably more expensive that way too, but so what? Is it that the jabbers would have to be taken away from other healthcare tasks? That would be a fairly good reason for the current strategy but I can't see many others.

Having vaccine waiting in vials is awful. At best this is a comms disaster.

They have enough in Wales. As of yesterday they had 327,000 doses, but have only used 151,737.

The word is they haven't prepared at all well and he's decided to use this time to beef up their capability.

Good luck if you do.

If the amount they owe you is less than the amount of money/ time it will cost you to go to court to get your money - good luck.

If you are in a jurisdiction where a judge is likely be open to being bribed and it will be cheaper to bribe the judge than to pay you - good luck.

If it will be cheaper for them to cause you other problems than not paying you so that you back off from chasing your money - good luck.

Good luck if you do.

If the amount they owe you is less than the amount of money/ time it will cost you to go to court to get your money - good luck.

If you are in a jurisdiction where a judge is likely be open to being bribed and it will be cheaper to bribe the judge than to pay you - good luck.

If it will be cheaper for them to cause you other problems than not paying you so that you back off from chasing your money - good luck.

English isn’t their first language, it’s a bank holiday, that’s the custom in the Middle East, have you not seen their property in Mayfair, more money than sand

An odd criticism to make at a forum full of people who have NOT been offered a vaccination 100 miles away

There is someone on here who has complained about people being "sent" 100 miles to get a vaccine, as though that's the norm. My daughter didn't have any choice where she went, but I guess that the majority of people do. My son tells me that the vaccination offer has been opened up again to ALL NHS staff where he works.

There is someone on here who has complained about people being "sent" 100 miles to get a vaccine, as though that's the norm. My daughter didn't have any choice where she went, but I guess that the majority of people do. My son tells me that the vaccination offer has been opened up again to ALL NHS staff where he works.
100 miles might be a bit much for an 80+ year old though, especially if they are relying on younger family members they shouldn't be mixing with to take them.

It's not impossible but it's far from ideal and a totally different ball game from younger people who can drive themselves

People have a responsibility to look after themselves. Don't smoke as it causes all kinds of cancers. Don't drink too much as it damages vital organs. Don't be obese and exercise more as obesity contributes to type 2 and heart attacks.

We, as a country have the 3rd highest obesity rate in Europe, personal responsibility cannot be shelved so you can blame only the government.

I can agree with this but and its a significant but, the state must be the facilitator and take the lead thru education and example.

Thats bernard castle struck so deeply and the joke that is tory communications has been so counterproductive. Its so bad, i would have settled for ineffective!