1960s | Vital Football

1960s

Brought back a lot of memories. Had to also think quite hard as to where some of those shots were taken. The old layout of Chatham high street made me think a bit.
Great stuff thanks

Amazing to see traffic again in Rochester High St. It was even 2 way before that. Seems ridiculous now, but you could touch hands out the window with people on a passing bus as it edged by!

Amazing to see traffic again in Rochester High St. It was even 2 way before that. Seems ridiculous now, but you could touch hands out the window with people on a passing bus as it edged by!

I used to catch the 5-30pm bus from Gillingham to Snodland. On a Friday I used to arrive home on the 3-30pm bus!

No, it wasn't time travel The traffic was so bad that by standing on the rear platform and jumping off and running, hopping on the nearest bus if the traffic started to move and so on, it was pssible to catch up 2 hours.

That was interesting....I was born in 1964 in Canada House, Gillingham! Be nice to see some bits on Gillingham from around the same time! After that clip on You Tube there was a Pathe News clip of the 1951 bus crash in Dock Road which killed loads of cadets aged 9-13! They were marching and were hit by a bus in the fog! I had heard about it when I was younger, but had never seen footage related to it!