They're gonna make me a criminal | Vital Football

They're gonna make me a criminal

Our nearest travellers are just down the road. Forced out early last year and taken to court but back again and settled in. Thing is they own the land so I not sure how the new law will play. I suspect they have transferred ownership to dodge last decision. They tried the legal route and much good it did them.

I see that there was a petition (closed in Sept 2020) which is still awaiting debate .....

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300139

Yes, that's right mate. The debate had been scheduled for Monday January 25th but it has been postponed. It will still happen though.

If the government make trespass illegal it will further threaten my community. We already find it incredibly difficult to sustain our culture and way of life due to a lack of authorised sites, no common land, planning laws and discrimination when making planning applications, and the already existing laws relating to squatting (CJA 1994 made it illegal for us to park in groups containing more than six vehicles).

But it's not just travellers. This law will effect everybody's rights of access to the countryside. Please, please, everybody, I urge you to use this template and contact your local MP. Please also share on social media. Many thanks.

https://www.righttoroam.org.uk/mpletter

Last edited:
Problem is, like me, most people only get to see the bad sort of travellers who are anti social, thieving low-lifes who park on playing fields and trash the place. So they're going to support this sort of Bill.

Problem is, like me, most people only get to see the bad sort of travellers who are anti social, thieving low-lifes who park on playing fields and trash the place. So they're going to support this sort of Bill.
That's right. This is a case where the criminal majority have ruined things for the law abiding minority

The police don't want this to become law..
Yeah, obviously. It's changing trespass from a civil matter (council) to a criminal (police) matter. The last thing the police are going to want to do is deal with travellers, after filling their boots for months dishing out fines to people drinking coffee at reservoirs

Spoken like someone that's never had a mob of them rock up nearby

So you ignored the point. If the law only involved travellers then you may be correct.
The fact that it was widened purposely to cover trespass elements that contravene ancient right shows it is smoke and mirrors.

This is how freedoms are removed. Bring in laws in the pretence of protecting us.
Anti terrorism laws and other temporary laws that never go away and the removal of free speech happening in the us right now in the us is a current example.