Rochdale (A) | Page 11 | Vital Football

Rochdale (A)

Lots of french. Camp site was ok. Just the hygiene. But like I said it’s a long time ago . Wouldn’t let my two daughters go to the toilets. Any we’re until we had a look first.
Got to say John my best campsite visits ever have been in France - Dune de Pyla and
Ile de Re - mind you the company a l'epoque might have helped my memories 😉🤣

Never met a bad one yet. Lovely people.
You are right on the general principle mate, but I must admit I find Parisians just as obnoxious as most Londoners. Seem to think because they come from a "big" city they are a cut above the rest of us.

I can confirm that french people from the south of the country have the same opinion of Parisians as you describe here !

Got to say John my best campsite visits ever have been in France - Dune de Pyla and
Ile de Re - mind you the company a l'epoque might have helped my memories 😉🤣
We were on the Ile de Re this year. A Caravan on Les Grenettes, just up from St Mairie, on the south coast. Loved it there. Some beautiful villages. Bloody expensive property though ........apparently, it's the holiday refuge of all those pain in the arse Parisiennes !

The generalisations in this post are frightening. Talk about small minded yokels. So based on meeting a couple in Paris and a toilet on a campsite all French folk are scruffy gets who are up their own arses. Hilarious!
Been going to France on holiday since the mid seventies and up until late 2019 had a holiday home in the Vendee where we spent 3 or 4 months of the Summer.
No comparison between the two countries in terms of civic pride, every time that I drive the scenic route from Horwich to Wigan via Red Rock the roadside verges are choked with Mc Donalds shoite and all manner of discarded crap, same on Motorways and slip roads, I also found Spain to be cleaner than the UK, we seem to have more than our fair share of knuckledraggers over here.

We were on the Ile de Re this year. A Caravan on Les Grenettes, just up from St Mairie, on the south coast. Loved it there. Some beautiful villages. Bloody expensive property though ........apparently, it's the holiday refuge of all those pain in the arse Parisiennes !
I refused to pay the toll over the bridge.

Never had a problem in France or with the French.
Stayed in the Vendee, Fontainbleu area, Lyon and Cote de Sur on campsites and never had a bad experience.
Last time however, we chose a Villa on the outskirts of Annecey on the lakeside - exquisite.

I was at Le Bois we should have met up for a vin rouge mate 😉
Did you get to La Flotte ? Johnny Depp's normally hanging around 😁 and yes it's v.expensive

I'm serious mate. Been across there loads of times, and used to work with plenty too.

I'm sure some of them are nowt to write home about, just like in any other country (ours included), but to write them all off in such a generic manner seems odd.

Nowt as strange as folk I suppose.

As you may recall, Moonay, my wife is French, and I have three half French kids, as well as French family, so of course I agree with you. I doubt whether our friend in Hindley has ever met a French person in his life. Probably helps to explain his pro brexit views.

Similarly, Walgartjohn, I'm shocked that you can express such extreme views.

Been going to France on holiday since the mid seventies and up until late 2019 had a holiday home in the Vendee where we spent 3 or 4 months of the Summer.
No comparison between the two countries in terms of civic pride, every time that I drive the scenic route from Horwich to Wigan via Red Rock the roadside verges are choked with Mc Donalds shoite and all manner of discarded crap, same on Motorways and slip roads, I also found Spain to be cleaner than the UK, we seem to have more than our fair share of knuckledraggers over here.

D'accord, mon ami!

I was at Le Bois we should have met up for a vin rouge mate 😉
Did you get to La Flotte ? Johnny Depp's normally hanging around 😁 and yes it's v.expensive

Yep, got everywhere. La Flotte, St Martin, Ars, Les Portes, La Couarde. Went round the market at Le Bois. I love how most French (inland) towns are pretty much the same, all centred round a church and a square.

Love La Rochelle too.

Yep, got everywhere. La Flotte, St Martin, Ars, Les Portes, La Couarde. Went round the market at Le Bois. I love how most French (inland) towns are pretty much the same, all centred round a church and a square.

Love La Rochelle too.
And they all have free bogs near the Marie.
Try getting a free pee in the UK.