Coronavirus | Page 545 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I'm a bit of a people watcher.
We had cause to go to the local corner shop this morning,well mrs57 did I won't go in one.
I sat outside in the jalopy. First person out of the shop was a very aggressive looking ugly woman not wearing a mask. Face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Not the sort you'd tackle.

Next out was an elderly man , copy of the Sun and a lottery ticket.

Next out bloke in his 40s big pack of budweiser

Then two not one but two Asian women go in to buy a lottery ticket.

Essential shopping, or just ignoring everything and carrying on?

I think if the government were serious about essential shopping only then they wouldn't allow takeaways to be open and would mandate what can and cannot be on sale inside shops.

It is possible to go out i suppose without it being essential but still being safe.

Been out in the car with Mrs M to drop birthday presents off . Drove to one house got out and dropped present at door, stood back about 4 metres then had a chat. They are my best friends of 30 odd years. I haven't seen them since Xmas 2019 and they live 6 miles away . Crazy when I think about it. Their daughter is 7 tomorrow, bless her.

I then drove to other friends who's lad is 18 tomorrow. Again dropped present and stood well back and had a chat for 10.

Essential journey ?. No. Can't argue it is, but what we did i don't think is unreasonably unsafe?

What is unreasonably unsafe is driving back through the local town and seeing queues outside coffee shops, people sitting around drinking and chatting in the market square and people wandering around with a coffee.

Two friends of mine have just been diagnosed with covid19. It goes to prove with them none of is are safe

I know they have stuck to the rules religiously. They are both working from home and no children.

They say the supermarket is the main place of infection now with people handling things so it must have come from there

I've just found out that my dad drove 38 miles to look at a house he was interested in. He's in his late 70's and had bad kidneys. Covid would take him out but he doesn't give a fuck. I honestly think he'd rather die than be locked up by himself for weeks on end.

I've just found out that my dad drove 38 miles to look at a house he was interested in. He's in his late 70's and had bad kidneys. Covid would take him out but he doesn't give a fuck. I honestly think he'd rather die than be locked up by himself for weeks on end.

I resolved very quickly with my parents, all I could do was give my opinion, stress the figures, and then let them decide - within the rules - (going out of the rules would also be their decision but I'd not then want to be doing the shopping etc for them!) - whether they feel it is worth the risk living their lives the best they can.

Since they were vaccinated they have both stayed in, as - as I said and they thought - they are 'so close' now why mess it up. The new variants did worry them as well

Long story short, I can understand people coming towards the end of their lives - age wise - want to try to do something. (Again, within the rules!)