US Presidential election | Page 35 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

Trump spent a night at a Texas Military HQ with his Generals , who then pledged their allegiance to him as C-in-C.

The most powerful forces in the world are fully behind the leader of the free world. Let that sink in.

Trump spent a night at a Texas Military HQ with his Generals , who then pledged their allegiance to him as C-in-C.

The most powerful forces in the world are fully behind the leader of the free world. Let that sink in.

So a military coup much like any dictatorship throughout history lol.
Pity trump does not spend more time showing the evidence for electoral fraud.
Whats different here than the democrats behaviour for the last four years, nutjob country lol.

So when I'm not navigating my way through the MSM propaganda, shaking my head and my fists at far-right populism and conspiracy theories, and fact checking and rubbishing valencia's hyperbolic rhetoric, I really enjoy watching this bloke:

I see it as much like the last 4 yrs of the democrats peddling lies hoping to get trump kicked out - now its trump doing the same.
If he had evidence then at least share it.
Bit like brexit lol.

I think that these comparisons people keep making with Brexit are rather spurious.

Yes the Brexit issue divided the country into two and the losing side complained before taking their grievances onto the streets and into the courts. And yes it's true that the Brexit issue saw xenophobic right-wing populism on one side and bourgeois liberal elitism on the other (not the whole story though), but that's where the comparisons end.

Although the country may have been divided (almost exactly in half) by the referendum result the division wasn't anywhere near the kind of division that US society is experiencing. Here in the UK we had Conservative supporters voting to Remain and Labour supporters voting to Leave. Most, if not all, of us will have known and be on friendly terms with people on either side of the debate.

Not only that but the result has been honoured and Brexit has happened (some Remainers may have challenged the result but realistically the vote was never going to be overturned, and calls for a second referendum were never going to result in that actually happening. Once the result all but the most die-hard Remainers accepted that democracy and the will of the people must prevail. There was no storming of parliament and the only death was the sickening murder of Jo Cox (which in itself was the actions of a lone right-wing nutter rather than the result of thousands of right wing nutters attempting..., I was gonna say insurrection, but actually, who knows what the fck they were trying to achieve other than displaying their utter idiocy by refusing to wear masks - because of 'covid lies'! - and live broadcasting their faces whilst committing criminal activities in an attempt to boost their own social media profiles!!!)

This is in stark contrast to the States where society really has become polarised into two opposing camps. From what I've read it appears that there is little social interaction between Republicans and Democrats over there, and that the level of antipathy and division between both sides has deepened to such an extent that the conditions are ripe for civil war:

"An important review of academic research by journalist Thomas Edsall last year highlighted the degree to which the political polarization has increasingly taken on an emotionally negative tone. As Edsall notes: "Hostility to the opposition party and its candidates has now reached a level where loathing motivates voters more than loyalty," and "The building strength of partisan antipathy -- 'negative partisanship' -- has radically altered politics. Anger has become the primary tool for motivating voters." "

Last edited:
My guess is that Trump is doing nothing but trying desperately to preserve his rapidly diminishing worth. If impeached, he will lose millions and he is already financially wounded. He is wheeling and dealing behind the scenes to make sure he has a future. Trump only cares about Trump as his army of followers will be disappointed to discover over the coming weeks.

Imo it's a waste of time impeaching him. Not enough votes to pass it even after Biden gets in. Will make him even more of a martyr in his disciples' eyes.

Best chance is the legal cases against him such as tax dodging, a bit like how they got Al Capone. Rather fitting as Trump behaved like a gangster in trying to persuade the Georgian election convenor (or whatever the name of the post is) to "find" him votes.

I think that I find myself in a tiny minority who actually could not give a flying f:ck about Trump
I’m just glad he’s gone
If his looney fans wish to protest, I don’t care about that either
If they get violent, well I don’t really care about that either
If they get shot, well .........

Imo it's a waste of time impeaching him. Not enough votes to pass it even after Biden gets in. Will make him even more of a martyr in his disciples' eyes.

Don't be surprised upon the impeachment vote passing to the senate that there will be comments made by Democrats of influence reminding the Republicans that the world will be watching them and the dog whistle that any Republican that doesn't vote against Trump will be put on Santa's naughty list.

Already Democrats are trying to pass bills trying to have democratically elected Republican members expelled from congress.

1610451698157.png

I think that I find myself in a tiny minority who actually could not give a flying f:ck about Trump
I’m just glad he’s gone
If his looney fans wish to protest, I don’t care about that either
If they get violent, well I don’t really care about that either
If they get shot, well .........

I used to agree with you, however Trumpism has bled out to the rest of the world, and the UK in particular.

Whilst we have no direct influence over the goings on, you need to remain vigilant to spot the signs of creeping fascism and nationalism throughout your life, otherwise you end up like VG and a few others on here, thinking lizards run the world.

To simply ignore and not care is to go full ostrich IMO.

Don't be surprised upon the impeachment vote passing to the senate that there will be comments made by Democrats of influence reminding the Republicans that the world will be watching them and the dog whistle that any Republican that doesn't vote against Trump will be put on Santa's naughty list.

Already Democrats are trying to pass bills trying to have democratically elected Republican members expelled from congress.

View attachment 45086
Even though they were democratically elected, they would be looking to expel them under articles of the constitution.... they will either work or they wont.

Nobody would get their knickers in a twist over here if Bojo was subjected to a vote of no confidence in parliament - even though he was democratically elected...

You have to remember that this was a terrorist attack on the capitol, so it's fairly easy to argue that the people that condoned this and egged it on committed treason.

Even though they were democratically elected, they would be looking to expel them under articles of the constitution.... they will either work or they wont.

Nobody would get their knickers in a twist over here if Bojo was subjected to a vote of no confidence in parliament - even though he was democratically elected...

You have to remember that this was a terrorist attack on the capitol, so it's fairly easy to argue that the people that condoned this and egged it on committed treason.

A uk MP cannot be removed from a vote in parliament as they were elected by the people.
would be hard to prove any republican called for a terrorist attack under law. this is just the start of an opportunist witch hunt and censorship. Imagine if trump tried it. Both sides are the same.

Two sides of the same coin in my opinion.
For some reason, people seem to think that the Dems are the answer, based solely on the fact that Biden isn’t Trump.
Just look at his political record before jumping to conclusions.
Biden is slightly irrelevant anyway because I don’t think he’ll last 18 months.
He’s clearly a frail old man.
Make way for President Harris.
I think his age, health and his son’s jiggery pokery will be his downfall.

My guess is that Trump is doing nothing but trying desperately to preserve his rapidly diminishing worth. If impeached, he will lose millions and he is already financially wounded. He is wheeling and dealing behind the scenes to make sure he has a future. Trump only cares about Trump as his army of followers will be disappointed to discover over the coming weeks.

Best chance is the legal cases against him such as tax dodging, a bit like how they got Al Capone. Rather fitting as Trump behaved like a gangster in trying to persuade the Georgian election convenor (or whatever the name of the post is) to "find" him votes.

I agree with you. They should be chasing the 74 million or a portion thereof. This won’t do it. But as a colleague pointed out, if a president can do what he’s done without a formal consequence, what does that say in terms of precedence?