NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 377 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Kendrick says the Frampton is back in the North West!Could be a coincidence then again maybe not!

The main alarm bells for me regarding the Frampton bid are what happens to little Wigan when the expectations of the owners / investors are not achieved within say 3 or 4 years. Will they do a Choi and **** off again licking their wounds ? will they put loads of debt onto the club whilst trying to achieve these lofty ambitions ?
I'm not against them in any way, we desperately need a savior and I'll welcome them with open arms, but I'll definitely harbour some concerns for the medium to long term future.

Beginning of something special or a temporary stay of execution ?

The main alarm bells for me regarding the Frampton bid are what happens to little Wigan when the expectations of the owners / investors are not achieved within say 3 or 4 years. Will they do a Choi and **** off again licking their wounds ? will they put loads of debt onto the club whilst trying to achieve these lofty ambitions ?
I'm not against them in any way, we desperately need a savior and I'll welcome them with open arms, but I'll definitely harbour some concerns for the medium to long term future.

That doubt is natural though, and those should be due diligence conditions for the EFL to discover.

I think it is pretty natural for every single fanbase to have them doubts for every single rich owner that has bought clubs in the whole of Europe.

But the fact Frampton is still here after the last few months and is actually in the country means alot more than the other bidders by far at this point. Atleast he is in the country unlike Choi.

What lofty ambitions have they expressed ?

I certainly take your point re loading debt against the club Arthur, and I hope that doesn't happen.

However, I'm less concerned with your worry re a horizon of 3-4 years. There's not a club in the country that has a scintilla of certainty for what might happen in that timescale.

As part of the Owners & Directors test, they'll have to show what they intend to do over the next 2 years, and let's face it, if they're still here at that point, who's to say we won't be wanting rid of them anyway. ;)

To be fair to Frampton and Jeffries, they have come back after being publicly ridiculed by those unprofessional arseholes masquerading as administrators. Suggests to me they really want us and speaks of their resilience.

I don’t think Wiganers are looking for grand plans. Sort the pitch out, give the stadium a jet wash, even replace the faded seats would probably satisfy most. He’s right about the need to improve the profitability of the stadium, though I’m sure the cost of whacking a roof on it to do so won’t be cost effective. If they wish to invest into other aspects of the town then that’s fantastic news and would be welcomed by all.

Given the arseholes they are dealing with I am concerned something will crop up in the due diligence they are doing, so I’m trying to dampen my excitement in case it goes tits up. Hopefully if any issues arise they can resolve them and they can move at pace to get these wankers out of the door.

I do find the influx of good news regarding new contracts and signings today quite interesting, did not happy for the first 10 days of January, but all today?

What lofty ambitions have they expressed ?

Honestly LMB, I was think of ambitions of getting to the premier league and then competing for a European place, which I'm sure Mr Frampton expressed in one of the interviews.
If they do all that whilst keeping the club debt free I'll be salivating all the way to the Bernabeu. I'm just nervous that's all, but as I stressed I am not against them in any way, so don't stick my on your naughty list :ROFLMAO:

Honestly LMB, I was think of ambitions of getting to the premier league and then competing for a European place, which I'm sure Mr Frampton expressed in one of the interviews.
If they do all that whilst keeping the club debt free I'll be salivating all the way to the Bernabeu. I'm just nervous that's all, but as I stressed I am not against them in any way, so don't stick my on your naughty list :ROFLMAO:
20 years ago everyone laughed at David Whelan when he expressed similar ambitions, they laughed just as loud when Martinez was under pressure and he claimed one day he will manage a top European Team.

Nothing wrong with reaching for the stars.

Is it a done deal yet.
:shake:

Notwithstanding all the "in the know" information re the initial interest, the bid and then progress, I wouldn't be surprised if the first we hear of a formal "done deal" is from the Admins.

It'll be their little piece of glory.

20 years ago everyone laughed at David Whelan when he expressed similar ambitions, they laughed just as loud when Martinez was under pressure and he claimed one day he will manage a top European Team.

Nothing wrong with reaching for the stars.

Totally agree - unless that "reaching" ultimately bankrupts the club.
Whelan wrote off all the debts he'd incurred before walking away, if these guys do the same, or never saddle us in the first place I'll be a happy man. Like I said, it's not the ambitions that worries me, it's the potential cost of not achieving those ambitions.
Plus I'm getting this out there early so in 5 years Jocklatic can't stick me in the hindsight brigade again.

Until they've put the money down it's all talk...Sorry but that's the fact of the matter. Prove me wrong gentleman, make yourselves heroes..

Not sure what you mean here CL. Of course it's all talk ......... but that doesn't mean it's unsubstantiated talk.

Talks can fail. Deals can be lost.

I think as fans though, we're all just hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.