NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 368 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's irrelevant even if we get 100 bids. Our fate rests on the decision making qualities of Krasner, Stanley and whatsisname. And that's a scary thought
The Admins are under pressure now. They royally effed up with the Spanish and now they have irate fans, the MP and probably the EFL on their case. From a reputational point of view I would imagine they will want to get this process wrapped up as quickly as they can so they can get out of Wigan. I like the fact Nandy is getting involved and having regular contact with Parry and the EFL as it will only aid our cause in getting a successful outcome

Last edited:
I think the EFL will only let this drag on for so long,
before the 'trigger' is pulled on us.

Nah Springy ........remember the other night, on the podcast ....... Lisa Nandy and Caroline were both very positive on that point, saying that they'd had great talks with the EFL, and were confident we have their support.

I don't think liquidation is on the table

The Admins are under pressure now. They royally effed up with the Spanish and now they have irate fans, the MP and probably the EFL on their case. From a reputational point of view I would imagine they will want to get this process wrapped up as quickly as they can so they can get out of Wigan. I like the fact Nandy is getting involved and having regular contact with Parry and the EFL as it will only aid our cause in getting a successful outcome

I think they’ve already trashed their reputation Swindon, I doubt it’s salvageable. The more pressure Nandy, Efl, SC, fans etc put on them the better.

They are not bothered they will get. Paid no matter
Agree John but it is the future the admins will be thinking about now,if they keep flapping about like they are then their services will not be used by anyone else in the future!!They have to up their game and get a satisfactory result now!!

I think they’ve already trashed their reputation Swindon, I doubt it’s salvageable. The more pressure Nandy, Efl, SC, fans etc put on them the better.

TBH mate Krasner for one will not be bothered, he is due to retire soon. The other two had little credibility before and were not household names so will fade into the background as soon as this is over. Krasner made his name at Leeds and will live off that for the rest of his time on earth his time at WAFC will be tomorrows chip papers and will be soon forgotten.

They are not bothered they will get. Paid no matter

I can't guarantee that this is correct John, but I believe that Begbies have reached the limit as to what they're entitled to claim as fees. Regardless of the fact that this is carrying on, they're getting paid no more.

I presume it's something to do with it being a % of the value of the business they were brought into address. ...........but I'm not sure.

I agree they’ve trashed their reputation with everyone associated with our club but if things rumble on it’s only going to create a greater shit storm and then other people outside of our club will start to take notice. They need to get it done and move on before things turn ugly

I can't guarantee that this is correct John, but I believe that Begbies have reached the limit as to what they're entitled to claim as fees. Regardless of the fact that this is carrying on, they're getting paid no more.

I presume it's something to do with it being a % of the value of the business they were brought into address. ...........but I'm not sure.

I'm sure Nixon has said there's no limit to admins fees.

TBH mate Krasner for one will not be bothered, he is due to retire soon. The other two had little credibility before and were not household names so will fade into the background as soon as this is over. Krasner made his name at Leeds and will live off that for the rest of his time on earth his time at WAFC will be tomorrows chip papers and will be soon forgotten.

He’s certainly gone quiet hasn’t he. Early on you couldn’t shut him and keep him out of the limelight. Now they’ve just left Stanley to it to face the music. I certainly hope once this is over there is a collective complaint made to the Insolvency Service.

I can't see that being right. Why would they ever liquidate a company then? With no limit, they could theoretically continue charging in perpetuity.

Edit - Based on the link below, it reads like fees will already have been set ........ and if they've reached that limit, then it seems it's their lookout.

https://www.purnells.co.uk/limited-company/administrations/Administration-Creditors-Fee-Guide

You’re right on the fee limit. However it doesn’t preclude any bidder ‘paying’ them ‘extra’ should they wish.

He’s certainly gone quiet hasn’t he. Early on you couldn’t shut him and keep him out of the limelight. Now they’ve just left Stanley to it to face the music. I certainly hope once this is over there is a collective complaint made to the Insolvency Service.

I think Wlatic has mentioned in previous posts that the success rate of complaints lodged against admins is nil. I seriously doubt that anything raised will ever see the light of day and Begbies will carry on their merry way to yet another payday.

Kraemer, has retired, this was his last job, he came because Stanley invited him, as I recall in press reports
Administrators accepting offers - they have to accept the offer that meets thconditions, that is why they had to accept the spanish offer. At the time Krasner said something opaque about the nature, morals of the bid, but that their hands were tied.

I can't see that being right. Why would they ever liquidate a company then? With no limit, they could theoretically continue charging in perpetuity.

Edit - Based on the link below, it reads like fees will already have been set ........ and if they've reached that limit, then it seems it's their lookout.

https://www.purnells.co.uk/limited-company/administrations/Administration-Creditors-Fee-Guide

I am not sure how they will have set up the administration, in my own case it was an agreed fee, however I suspect that they will be working on a percentage basis. This is probably the reason they have been so insistent on the price they set as that gives them the best payout. Obviously if the bidders are now only offering less then that will affect their pay packet.

That these bell ends are able / allowed to ring fence the seven figure sum generated by selling Euxton and the chippy (as usual undervalued of course) whilst at the same time pleading poverty and leaving the club with no meaningful playing resources is a complete and utter disgrace.
They have no "risk" and only upside fees even if the club folds.
Separately if the club liquidated and Begbies had no one to allocate the transfer add ons to in the future would they trouser all those as well for their "endeavours" ? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.