Today v Burton | Page 5 | Vital Football

Today v Burton

Absolute dreck. We were better second half (we couldn't have been any worse) but lets be honest we could have played all day and not scored.

This season we’ve been inconsistent. Now we’ve become consistent. Turgid first halves. Hoofing it to Graham/Oliver.

There’s a very pretty girl selling roofing on the forum site. I might buy some at this rate.

Lucky you. I've got a choice of Disney+ or a watch. Bring back the Ukrainian girls wanting to meet me. Actually I've now got some of the shittest "business casual boots" I have ever seen. They are so shit its beyond belief. Anyone else got that ad ?

Last edited:
Think if Scally and Evans are ever going to clash it is now .The next few days will be interesting. Evans will definitely want more funds.That's where Scally has to decide back him with his own money if nessersary. Or force Evans to continue with the same or a similar budget.Letting him leave if he wishes.

Think if Scally and Evans are ever going to clash it is now .The next few days will be interesting. Evans will definitely want more funds.That's where Scally has to decide back him with his own money if nessersary or let him leave if he wishes and force Evans to continue with the same or a similar budget.

I'd give Evans funds, settle his contract and wave him bye-bye.

Embarassing and pathetic. How lucky must Burton be feeling today? They produced their usual level of abysmal performance and have gone away with three points. Very similar to last week's match with Plymouth - an abysmal first half from us against opponents who were just as bad and somehow sneaked a goal - today from their only shot on target from a fictional free kick. Abysmal marking and defending and very lucky from Burton's point of view as deflected all over the place and the free kick award was dubious. The second half was better - we at least put more in, but like at Plymouth shelled another handful of sitters - Akinde missing two sitters, Ogilvie missing an easy header again and O'Connor also missing an open goal and others. We deserved to win and should have won, but our performance was again abysmal. Had we taken the points we should have from our last three games against poor sides who were there for the taking, we'd be a point or two from the playoffs. Instead, I am certainly looking down rather than up now. Pathetic and must get better. If SE comes out with more BS about our budget and general esxuses, his days could be well and truly numbered as Scally won't take crap both on and off of the pitch.

Pre-empting the post-match interview with Steve Evans: "We deserved to win the game, blah, blah, lowest budget in league one".

Funds need to be made available, it’s pretty obvious the current bunch aren’t good enough.

Think if Scally and Evans are ever going to clash it is now .The next few days will be interesting. Evans will definitely want more funds.That's where Scally has to decide back him with his own money if nessersary or let him leave if he wishes and force Evans to continue with the same or a similar budget.

Time for cool heads Chris.

Two aims now (1) - Do not go bust, survive to next season (2) Don't get relegated.

In the summer make the decision on whether Evans is the right manager for next season - hint scally the answer is he's not. Shake hand at the end of the season and get someone new in.

We can't afford compensation. We can't afford lots of new players.

We need to tough out this shitshow of a season and look forward to 2021/22 and hopefully (and expectantly) fans back in the ground.

Why on Earth did we not up the intensity until the 70th minute?? You could see that Burton would have caved if we had started the game like that. Shocking that we can't seem to perform from the first whistle.

None of the Gills management or players are giving radio Kent a reaction after today's game. Hmmm ...

Ok, so I am afraid to say I wasted another tenner on that shit.

On 29th December on another thread I posted how we had 3 winnable games approaching and were in touching distance of the top 6. I really can’t see how we can go from a confident, assured performance v Rochdale to the fucking, inept shambles we appear to have become.

Is it overconfidence? Lack of fitness? Bad tactics from Evans and Raynor?

As Townend said, I think we could’ve played all day and not scored. Sure we looked livelier last 25 minutes, but really Ogilvies header and Akinde thump straight at the keeper were the only chances of note. Why keep letting graham ping crosses in if no ones gonna try and get on them?
I said after the previous two debacles that I wonder if we actually practice shooting (no one seems to wanna have a go) or attacking crosses.

I am getting tired of settling down to watch a luck lustre first half and then a second half of more effort yet still fuckall quality or excitement and the inevitable defeat.

I do wonder what Evans will make of that and will be interested to read his comments. Nothing else to blame but ourselves. Ref was fine, Burton were shit but got a lucky goal, weren’t dirty, no timewasting. However I’m sure he can blame someone.