Our future owners | Vital Football

Our future owners

Despite claims yesterday by Paul Stanley and indeed for the past few weeks by the administrators in general that there was no alternative to the Spaniards a formal bid has gone in this morning from a group that have bid previously and been waiting in the wings.

Are you at liberty to say if it's the Ganaye/American group, or the Royle/Ransom/Rowland consortium, (who had both bid previously) or another party?

No worries if not.

Are you at liberty to say if it's the Ganaye/American group, or the Royle/Ransom/Rowland consortium, (who had both bid previously) or another party?

No worries if not.
Im sure ranson royle got there a little late last time fingers crossed its them hope its not him from port vale or ex port vale

No worries if not.

It seemed RRR put in a bid during the Spanish stumbling through the EFL checks, if that was true they should have all the legwork done and just need to submit the deposit. On paper that should make them the front runners if they are still up for it and show some urgency. But they didn't jump in during that window where exclusivity elapsed before it was renewed for the Spanish so that does make me worry that maybe their interest has drifted - hope not but i guess we'll find out very soon.

I can't see Ganaye and the Americans coming back to take on the club in an even worse position than when they walked away for the same price. Love to be proven wrong but i find that a hard one to see returning.

But one thing is certain at this point; no bidder has any excuse for not getting their deposit in and bid accepted if they are serious. The Spanish deal was wobbling for so long they all had time to get their ducks in a row and pounce as soon as the door opened. Their actions in the next 24 hours or so will show how serious everyone really is.

It seemed RRR put in a bid during the Spanish stumbling through the EFL checks, if that was true they should have all the legwork done and just need to submit the deposit. On paper that should make them the front runners if they are still up for it and show some urgency. But they didn't jump in during that window where exclusivity elapsed before it was renewed for the Spanish so that does make me worry that maybe their interest has drifted - hope not but i guess we'll find out very soon.

I can't see Ganaye and the Americans coming back to take on the club in an even worse position than when they walked away for the same price. Love to be proven wrong but i find that a hard one to see returning.

But one thing is certain at this point; no bidder has any excuse for not getting their deposit in and bid accepted if they are serious. The Spanish deal was wobbling for so long they all had time to get their ducks in a row and pounce as soon as the door opened. Their actions in the next 24 hours or so will show how serious everyone really is.
Nicely swerved there LMB. ;)

So, if it's not the Americans or RRR, then the only others who supposedly made a bid previously (as far as I can recollect) is Frampton.

I'd have thought if he'd (or rather, his boss) had made a bid, it would have come with angels singing and trumpet blast !

EDIT - Just got your post above. (y)

Only other thought is that DW has mounted his white charger !

After Royle decided Choi & IEC were good investors for Latics & hearing some stories from Coventry fans about Ranson, I hope that it isn't them
I also hope its not Ganaye & co as their poo stirring & not wanting to buy the stadium should warn anybody off them.
I liked what the Spanish group said in public but even if none of the gossip is true & it was how admin have explained it, then I'm pleased as punch they haven't got hold of us
At this point though we're running out of options but my ideal is still someone who will run us within our means, whilst also trying to increase those means & get the best out of them
Completely agree with your last paragraph

I am grateful for the EFL to speak to multiple parties and for Nandy and the SC to suggest no exclusivity, but if I was to buy a house, I would feel very unwilling to put down a non refundable deposit that does not gaurentee me securing the property because of another bidder. Having exclusivity is one huge perk for a bidder to be convinced to lay down the deposit in the first place.

As for LMB saying a bid has been put down, whoever it is, let's hope they put down the deposit for exclusivity, and if that's the case, then I hope to hear an announcement today.

Please expand my reference above to your post that I highlighted in bold type.

The bidding process was never reopened by the administrators at any time, something that angered the supporters club and Lisa Nandy at the time, Lisa made a formal complaint to the administrators and the EFL.

I think is common knowledge now but the administrators even told the EFL then that there were no further legitimate or credible bidders waitng in wings and if they did not sanction the new consortiums bid WAFC would be liquidated.

Last edited:
I wonder how all this will now affect our squad for the upcoming games.

Will we still have the likes of Will Keane, Solomon-Ottabor and Gardner available as their short term contracts will run out shortly and with no new owners are the admins in a position to offer extensions, more so are the players willing to sign extensions.

What about the likes of Tilt and Johnson, are their parent clubs going to be happy to see them continue with their loans given the uncertainty as to whether we will be able to see out the season.

The Admins have admitted that money is tight so we can expect to see any player whose contract we own sold for whatever they can get for him to prolong the season.

I am sorry to bring this up but unless another bidder declares his interest very soon and puts up a deposit I fear we are screwed.

I hope the info that LMB has posted is genuine as we really are looking over a precipice.

I wonder how all this will now affect our squad for the upcoming games.

Will we still have the likes of Will Keane, Solomon-Ottabor and Gardner available as their short term contracts will run out shortly and with no new owners are the admins in a position to offer extensions, more so are the players willing to sign extensions.

What about the likes of Tilt and Johnson, are their parent clubs going to be happy to see them continue with their loans given the uncertainty as to whether we will be able to see out the season.

The Admins have admitted that money is tight so we can expect to see any player whose contract we own sold for whatever they can get for him to prolong the season.

I am sorry to bring this up but unless another bidder declares his interest very soon and puts up a deposit I fear we are screwed.

I hope the info that LMB has posted is genuine as we really are looking over a precipice.

Why would I not be genuine, every thing i have posted on this whole takeover has been genuine, it may have lacked many details or been slightly inaccurate but was given to me in good faith.

I will also say now as I do not give a damn about them any more and they have been fully proven to be totally unprofessional and economical with the truth but I have listen live to interviews with the administators and heard the shit they of come out with "off the record" I will not expand on that any further.

Why would I not be genuine, every thing i have posted on this whole takeover has been genuine, it may have lacked many details or been slightly inaccurate but was given to me in good faith.

I will also say now as I do not give a damn about them any more and they have been fully proven to be totally unprofessional and economical with the truth but I have listen live to interviews with the administators and heard the shit they of come out with "off the record" I will not expand on that any further.

Come on tell us what you know stop playing Teasy Weezy

I entered Saturday's £20m lottery, so if that comes in. Wish me luck.

Then again if it was a triple roll over euro lottery win i would buy the club and make everyone on here directors and let you battle it out how we should be run, it would be interesting to knowwho would you vote as chairman ?

my god that is more chilling than smurthwaite buying us.