SPANIARDS BID REJECTED | Page 3 | Vital Football

SPANIARDS BID REJECTED

It says on BBC news that the Spanish reduced their bid over weekend by 50% and so the Admin had no choice but to walk away because we would wouldnt be able to fulfil our football creditor commitments and so get another 15 point deduction !.

Its no wonder they dropped their bid when all thos lockdown crap & cancelled games are rife !

I blame the EFL for not getting this deal done months ago ! - the longer they pontificated and Covid acceleratiod, this outcome looked likelier & likelier !.

The BBC are reporting what a company not know for playing a straight bat are saying, please don't be fooled.

There is only so long fans can be 'dangled' with this takeover fiasco,
these, are 'NOT' true fans, who have supported Latics for over 30 years
are near 70 or over 70 years of age.

They have been there and worn the T-Shirt,
so do NOT insult them with 'Good Riddance' Crap!
Anyone who says they will no longer support us in our hour of need are not fans and I repeat good riddance to them.

That is coming from someone with close on 57 years vintage.

Maybe Moreno offering less money that means creditors can't be paid was the only way the admins can say no and reject them. I don't think admins can do much about the other things. That's down to the EFL. Just my opinion though, only the logical explanation I can think of.
Less money my arse. It was all agreed bar the final takeover. This stinks almost as bad as Choi and Yeung.

There is only so long fans can be 'dangled' with this takeover fiasco,
these, are 'NOT' true fans, who have supported Latics for over 30 years
are near 70 or over 70 years of age.

They have been there and worn the T-Shirt,
so do NOT insult them with 'Good Riddance' Crap!

Springy, maybe there’s been a bit of what might be deemed excessive terminology...but essentially LMB is right here ....if these lads and lasses are 30 years plus ’die hards’ ....then they need to behave as such...especially now.
We are all absolutely pissed off..... but this is OUR club .....not Begbies or Moreno’s or indeed any owners, who are by and large only ever here for a period of time ....Many of us were all reminiscing the other day about the Man City cup tie from 50 years ago .....this is the point ....it’s a lifetime commitment......serious disability or shuffling off the old mortal coil are the only things I can think of that will ever stop me going.
Hopefully your pals are just reacting with understandable emotion.....as and when we get through this and we properly kick off on a Sat afternoon again in front of supporters ....they’ll be back !

The business plan including details of how it will be financed along with a cash flow forecast from any prospective purchasers are central requirement from any bidder seeking EFL ownership approval.
......and so long as that's shown to be supported by the proof of funds, it should be no cause for concern. It certainly wasn't mentioned in the December rejection.

They're approving the person .........not how they'll do the job.

Anyone who says they will no longer support us in our hour of need are not fans and I repeat good riddance to them.

That is coming from someone with close on 57 years vintage.

What happens when we 'vintage' fans are no longer around,
once the 'Glory' years were over our attendances dropped.

Who is going to fill our shoes, as the the younger generation will follow
the local PL teams. rather than watch a L2 or Non-League Club?

My 19 year old lad, my 14 year old niece and my 9 year old nephew have watched almost every streamed game, don't write the young uns off just yet. It's in some of them's DNA.

What has any of that got to do with deserting your club because of covid and the take over debacle, proper fans of "30 years" do not walk away, fairweather fans gome and go and there isn't a team in the world including all the giants that does not gain support when things are going well.

......and so long as that's shown to be supported by the proof of funds, it should be no cause for concern. It certainly wasn't mentioned in the December rejection.

They're approving the person .........not how they'll do the job.

They approving both, can you not understand that concept.

What has any of that got to do with deserting your club because of covid and the take over debacle, proper fans of "30 years" do not walk away, fairweather fans gome and go and there isn't a team in the world including all the giants that does not gain support when things are going well.
Who is now going the pay the bills, now the Spanish has gone?

My 19 year old lad, my 14 year old niece and my 9 year old nephew have watched almost every streamed game, don't write the young uns off just yet. It's in some of them's DNA.

Are they going to replace the thousands of the 'Glory' fans
who have long left supporting the Club?

Ahh well - if there is an "angel in the wings", let's hope we can hang onto those youngsters through this Jan transfer slot !.

No doubt there are Prem & Championship teams out there hovering like vultures to pick up a few of these lads on the cheap !.

The fact is that although wage offers of perhaps a few grand a week from a Prem or Championship club are mind boggling for 18 - 22 year olds, they need to think what's best for their career over the next couple of years : -(a) take the money now and play U23 football in a "big club" ?, or (b) stick with Wigan at least until the end of this season and play regular L1 first team football (the vultures will still be there) ?. I know which of these two options I'b be advising if these lads were my sons !.

In my book, the smart move for anyone advising these lads is that if a super offer (concerning weekly wage/prospects) cames in from a Prem or good Championship Club then to simply accept it ON THE CONDITION THAT THEY WOULD BE LOANED BACK TO WIGAN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON !.

This would give the lad the best of both worlds, a good weekly wage, future prospects AND regular 1st team L1 football, until end of the season !. This solution would surely be a win for the buying club (as they get the youngster at a silly "fire sale" price), a win for the youngster (as he gets his cake and eats it) and also a win for Wigan FC (as they hopefully get the loaned youngsters off their wage bill until end of the season - if they are capable of negotiating such an obvious deal !).

Anyway that's what I would advise if I were them !

They approving both, can you not understand that concept.

No, they're not.

They're approving the person, and they're approving they have the funds to do what they say.

They're in no way approving how they intend to run the club.......... massive investment, shoestring, academy, loanees, journeymen, whatever.

Not sure if anyone has read the article in detail, but someone who 'is in the know' and has been kept informed and updated all through the process and has even played a pivitol role in many of the negotiations, especially concerning the stadium make this statement in reply to something that was only announced by the administrators at 11 am this morning
No, they're not.

They're approving the person, and they're approving they have the funds to do what they say.

They're in no way approving how they intend to run the club.......... massive investment, shoestring, academy, loanees, journeymen, whatever.
You don't know much about business do you, business plans and cash flow forecasts are central to any agreement it not just about the fact you have money in the bank, they will want to know how you intend to use the money you have available to you and this is no different to what the EFL would have demanded especially in light of what the previous owners did.