Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1096 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Liverpool really struggling to break teams down, if you play a tight and fairly narrow back 4 so you can close the space the Salah’s and Manes work themselves into, they can’t get their shots off.

Soton have a very good manager as well don’t they.

Liverpool really struggling to break teams down, if you play a tight and fairly narrow back 4 so you can close the space the Salah’s and Manes work themselves into, they can’t get their shots off.

I actually thought the reason they bought Thiago was to help mitigate this. IMO Klopp is the best manager out there in terms of staying power. He has been excellent at evolving his side and making slight changes to ensure they get better and don't standstill.

I think when you look at the team City have thrown out there at the weekend its because Pep needed to really freshen things up. Everyone figured out how to stop them so it was back to square one.

I actually thought the reason they bought Thiago was to help mitigate this. IMO Klopp is the best manager out there in terms of staying power. He has been excellent at evolving his side and making slight changes to ensure they get better and don't standstill.

I think when you look at the team City have thrown out there at the weekend its because Pep needed to really freshen things up. Everyone figured out how to stop them so it was back to square one.

Liverpool need a Grealish type in their squad, but not Grealish obviously.

I think Klopp has done a great job of making very good players look great, and good players look very good. Fergie did it too with players such as Park and Fletcher.

I think when you need a match winner if Mane or Salah is being marked out of the game, it’s unlikely to be a good player in Henderson or Firmino stepping up.

If we can beat Everton and Spurs which I think is doable we can at least make the top 6, if not top 4.

IF we can beat those two, top 4 is on. BUT, Spurs are the one team I think we'll find very difficult. If we play To our absolute best, we can beat them. But Jose has huge experience on knowing how to win.

Really respected him as a coach, until he burst into tears after beating a team 4 points above them in the table at home as if he had just coached Redditch United to victory in the FA cup final.

Just wondered why us and wolves have midweek games after the fa cup yet west brom and liverpool for example dont play until the following weekend?

He was one of the names mentioned to replace Lambert if memory serves. I think he was still at Red Bull Salzburg back then so probably thought of as too inexperienced. Though we went with Sherwood in the end so obviously experience didn't matter too much.

Just wondered why us and wolves have midweek games after the fa cup yet west brom and liverpool for example dont play until the following weekend?

I thought the same but they’ve split the midweek games....some next week, the rest play the week after.

I thought Carrie's all right. He's said some good things about us. So he must be.

The pundits are starting to like us almost as much as Leeds and why because we are plucky losers or we are giving the big boys a game. The table is taking shape and us and Leeds are drawing an audience better than the Burnleys and Newcastles who play for a draw. We play to win and they love it .
If we could lose 2-1 to Man Utd every week they'd be ecstatic in their patronising praise