10 Points behind Lincoln | Page 4 | Vital Football

10 Points behind Lincoln

From the Northampton forum:

"I think most of us would have taken a point before the game which was low on quality and neither team looked like scoring. Expected a lot more from Sunderland with 6 internationals in their squad and players who will be on a lot more money than ours. However, they were one of the worst sides to visit us this year and seemed clueless on how to break down an organised defense [sic] and misplaced so many passes. Clear to see why they are down in 11th place..."

Obviously dragged down to pub level by poor opposition.

From the Northampton forum:

"I think most of us would have taken a point before the game which was low on quality and neither team looked like scoring. Expected a lot more from Sunderland with 6 internationals in their squad and players who will be on a lot more money than ours. However, they were one of the worst sides to visit us this year and seemed clueless on how to break down an organised defense [sic] and misplaced so many passes. Clear to see why they are down in 11th place..."

Obviously dragged down to pub level by poor opposition.

They weren’t great against us us, just competent, and they very much had the rub of the green. We lost largely because of our inexperience. They aren’t a great club even though they think they are, and were the worst side to visit Sincil Bank last season.

Times are a changing in football and we are on the up.

The league one table looks great tonight. Whilst far bigger and better teams than our pub outfit! are missing games for coronavirus or frozen pitches, we are quietly getting on with picking up great results. I would much rather have points on the board. Peterborough will no doubt come to Lincoln with the same superiority mindset next week. Keep going City. We can then watch as these big teams drop points playing their games in hand.

We are a grounded club and need to stay that way this season. Try hard, play well, and treat every team on what they put before us. We wont be far away then.

When the Cowleys came to Lincoln, our first home game was North Ferriby. How times are changing. We will turn right, not left next time we cross the Humber Bridge! UTI

We are where we are because of our results to date. As are all teams in League 1.

We've beaten 13 of 20 opponents. Sunderland have beaten 7 of 18 opponents. Admittedly, including us. But not including many of similar standing as their opponents of today.

The season is decided on a team's results against each opponent twice - thus far we are doing markedly better.

Rather than whine about entitlement and the sheer wrongness of the multiverse aligning against them, Sunderland need to improve their results.

We have done well. We have exceeded hopes thus far. I, and many, many Imps fans are absolutely delighted with where we are - and 23 other teams wish they were doing as well. I hope it continues. I look forward to exorting my team to ever greater heights. It isn't, however, a right. It may not come to fruition this season. But what a chuffing ride!

Can any Sunderland fan exclaim the same - a ride of absolute wonder and joy and hope - rather than injured entitlement?

Boy, do I enjoy going to this pub!

COME ON YOU IMPS!!!!!!©

Last edited:
You can only beat what’s in front of you, and we have done that more than Sunderland have. Our performance against them was one of our poorest so far this season. Whether that was down to us or them I don’t know, but let them go on thinking we are that bad when we (hopefully) have a full team going to their place and with our away record and see what happens. I don’t mind the banter, it’s the arrogance and self-righteousness I hate.

The league one table looks great tonight. Whilst far bigger and better teams than our pub outfit! are missing games for coronavirus or frozen pitches, we are quietly getting on with picking up great results. I would much rather have points on the board. Peterborough will no doubt come to Lincoln with the same superiority mindset next week. Keep going City. We can then watch as these big teams drop points playing their games in hand.

We are a grounded club and need to stay that way this season. Try hard, play well, and treat every team on what they put before us. We wont be far away then.

When the Cowleys came to Lincoln, our first home game was North Ferriby. How times are changing. We will turn right, not left next time we cross the Humber Bridge! UTI

Hate to be a pedantic trot but to get to Hull you turn left after crossing the bridge. The road then takes you back under the bridge and alongside the Humber into Hull. I don’t want anyone getting lost if we are allowed to go the title decider in May.

Hate to be a pedantic trot but to get to Hull you turn left after crossing the bridge. The road then takes you back under the bridge and alongside the Humber into Hull. I don’t want anyone getting lost if we are allowed to go the title decider in May.
Usually left to first class as well, which is clearly how are currently travelling!
Never turned left myself, despite travelling to Japan with a director who did. An event which pissed me off massively, something I wasn't shy in relating to the company, and led to me almost refusing to travel!!

If we were let into such a match the tail back on The Clive Sullivan Way would be simply horrendous. Those in the know would turn right at the roundabout and head in down Boothferry Road and Anlaby Road.

If we were let into such a match the tail back on The Clive Sullivan Way would be simply horrendous. Those in the know would turn right at the roundabout and head in down Boothferry Road and Anlaby Road.

Are there any periscopes available that could reach over the top of the telephones stadium? (Just in case...)

Or maybe we could all line the whole route from Sincil Bank to Hull on the day. How spaced out would we all be if whole route was covered?

Are there any periscopes available that could reach over the top of the telephones stadium? (Just in case...)

Or maybe we could all line the whole route from Sincil Bank to Hull on the day. How spaced out would we all be if whole route was covered?
Hull Royal Infirmary overlooks The KC but going in there in this climate may not be advisable.

Looking at the betting to get promoted with BET365 and to win outright we are 9/2 and Sunderland are 8/1 which looks way too short IMO, Pompey are 5/2 favourites.

I see you've been accepted. Got to admit, I'm a little disappointed that you haven't tried to upset them. Must try harder, as the teachers on here may say :ROFLMAO:

I'm keeping my powder dry .... don't want to steam in all gung ho, waiting for the return game at the SoL ;)