Jan Transfer Window | Page 10 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

How old is Worrall ? I've always believed in having a strong captain but he needs to be the sort of player who's been there and done that and can set himself as an example and that usually means he has to be a senior not a junior. Don't know Worralls age but think he may be too young for the armband.
Even so it does look as though he has the makings of a future captain.
And as I have mentioned before the captain should be in the defence as that position gives him a good view of the game in general.

Whatever else happens we need to break with tradition and get a goal scoring striker in somehow. Take a punt, splash some decent money, whatever way they go they need to do something.

Woodrow from Barnsley wouldn’t be a bad shout but I am sure there are plenty of others out there.
No point if we don’t create enough

we see now balls into the area that are hopeful more than targeted crosses

No point if we don’t create enough

we see now balls into the area that are hopeful more than targeted crosses
The reverse of that is that we can have all the creativity in the world and it’s useless if we can’t put the ball in the back of the net.

We need more creative players but we only have Grabban who really knows where the net is and he isn’t getting any younger.

The reverse of that is that we can have all the creativity in the world and it’s useless if we can’t put the ball in the back of the net.

We need more creative players but we only have Grabban who really knows where the net is and he isn’t getting any younger.

"..we can have all the creativity in the world and it’s useless if we can’t put the ball in the back of the net."

Correct

We have as much creativity in the side now as we have had for the last 5 seasons; that is not the problem.

We have Grabban up front on his own with no one from midfield supporting; he is isolated both inside and outside the box; Taylor has proven on sufficient occasions that he cannot play the lone forward role.

People talk about having someone in midfield to pull the strings; there have been no strings to pull.

There were signs in the second half on Tuesday that something has changed; Hughton managed to get Lolley and Knockheart playing as inside forwards, getting much closer to the forward, and all of a sudden we start to see three and four attacking players in the box.

That also allowed both Riberio and Christie to have more space and it curtailed the forward runs of their wing backs.

We do not know whether that was a tactical switch to deal with circumstances on the night or not; either way it is something we should be implementing in all home games if not away.

To be honest, I thought Ioannou looked quite useful in his first game. As well as the quality, we just signed too many players. Most of them were even for the same positions ! Even with eleven starters, nine subs and injuries, some of our players still aren't getting a look in. Even the top teams only have 25 players plus youngsters.

Hey, I totally agree, I thought his first game or two were actually impressive considering the circumstances, his crossing was quality and he just slotted right in there, I like Ribeiro, he's super consistent but Im suprised Loannou's just been dismissed. Same as the striker, thought some of our best play this year was with him in that hole and considering a new team and new country and covid etc etc then again, I don't understand why he's out in the cold.. At the same time players like Grabz n Lolley have been shit for 30 fkn games and still keep getting a run.

I think thats prob hit on the issue, same as with Carz and BJ going out on loan. They show actual talent, it doesnt sit well in the dressing room

So what do we do with Knocko?

Certainly don't but him at this point but extend his loan?

So what do we do with Knocko?

Certainly don't but him at this point but extend his loan?
I would if we can; he has quality and in a more confident side will be very useful. Our options without him feel very limited and the alternative (Grosiki) clearly doesn't want to be here.

I suppose it's not in our hands though, and another loan is likely to be expensive if we are reneging on the buying clause

I would if we can; he has quality and in a more confident side will be very useful. Our options without him feel very limited and the alternative (Grosiki) clearly doesn't want to be here.

I suppose it's not in our hands though, and another loan is likely to be expensive if we are reneging on the buying clause

He sounded on Radio Nottingham though like he wanted to extend the loan spell. Get Grosiki as well (don't know why you think he doesn't want to come) and a decent striker (fuck Grabban off in my opinion) then we could start preparing for next season.

A few million from Qatar lad should get a replacement. I'd scored more than Grabban. It took him 2 fucking kicks today to score a fucking penalty!!!!

2 million quid and relegation. you don't half talk out your crack.

Who the fuck are we going to replace him with in the January transfer window?

2 million quid and relegation. you don't half talk out your crack.

Who the fuck are we going to replace him with in the January transfer window?

He's fucking garbage and not getting any younger. In my opinion we'd be better off spending whatever money we could get for him on an upcoming lower league striker.

He's fucking garbage and not getting any younger. In my opinion we'd be better off spending whatever money we could get for him on an upcoming lower league striker.

Up and coming lower league strikers tend to cost more than 2m these days.

That's why we don't buy them.

We're just not a big enough club with a big enough budget to buy hungry, ambitious up and coming players.

Also, if you were ambitious and had a choice of EFL clubs, why the fuck would you come to us?

My new avatar is The Major who is currently MIA. We are going to stand to attention at 6pm on our doorsteps whilst blasting out The Last Post on the damned Alexa.

If we are paying more than half of his 37k per week he needs fucking off
Depends though chap ...if we are just looking to get Grosicki in his place,as a cheaper loan option, then we may as well keep Knockeart.Grosicki has hardly played this season and would need a few games to get going whilst Knockeart has now started to get use to the squad and has some games in his legs.