Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Page 46 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

Upon reflection now, analysing that performance, it was very reminiscent of last season, played well in parts but succumbed to naivety and poor judgment and concentration. They were bang average and we lost

Having seen the "penalty" back several times I cannot believe that the VAR guys have taken 5 seconds to decide that Pogba tripping up on his own feet is a foul.

I looked it up when we next play the serial cheats.

Aston Villa V Serial Cheats - Saturday, May 8th - Villa Park.

I'd love to go!?

Upon reflection now, analysing that performance, it was very reminiscent of last season, played well in parts but succumbed to naivety and poor judgment and concentration. They were bang average and we lost

Based on the scoreline it's hard to disagree but quite harsh Silhill. That wasn't one game where we raised ourselves to be plucky lovers, it was a succession of great performances. And a very dubious narrow victory.

The ball was behind Mings, he had to reverse his entire body and he missed it - it happens to everyone. Unfortunate, but not worth a bashing.

His heading in general does need to improve but that's a result of him being a left back for so long before he was brought into the middle. It's one of the reasons Terry has been doing those heading drills with him....he already knows this and it's being worked on.

If anything, it's simply his attacking headers more than defensive for me.
“Unfortunate” or poor positioning? Martial was always behind him but his lack of awareness caused the issue as he should have been ready for the ball to go behind him towards the striker but he went to cover the near post. I wouldn’t say it was a howler by Mings but he definitely should have dealt with it much better

Based on the scoreline it's hard to disagree but quite harsh Silhill. That wasn't one game where we raised ourselves to be plucky lovers, it was a succession of great performances. And a very dubious narrow victory.
We didn't do enough to take the inevitable VAR moment out of play. Yes we shouldn't have to but they were poor and leggy and we did not test them enough. Disappointed

Starting to get a bit angry about the Ollie bashing.

Best striker we've had in a long long time.

All strikers go through baron spells. He was absolutely brilliant on boxing day and since then has faced Chelsea and Man United. Not many strikers outside the top 6 are gonna come away from those 2 games with a hat full of goals.

Give the guy a break.
I think it would really help the lad if had some kinda help, a decent striker who could help him, in game and training, I’d of loved Giroud to have come and had a season with Ollie.

Equally shows how far we haven't come versus these wankers. Another year another defeat. It's like a curse
Yes, Its hard to take when you play that well, If its any consolation we deserved something from that game, but we are looking a good team now Silhill

I think it would really help the lad if had some kinda help, a decent striker who could help him, in game and training, I’d of loved Giroud to have come and had a season with Ollie.
He's proved he knows where the net is. But now he seems to be chasing around closing down when others maybe aren't. Plus the service to him has been poor.

Yes, Its hard to take when you play that well, If its any consolation we deserved something from that game, but we are looking a good team now Silhill
I take little from it AV Dave, I thought we played poorly in light of an average team in front of us there for the taking

It’s tempting to look for someone to blame but that’s a result of our disappointment on the night rather than the simple fact that their squad is stronger than ours. We bring on Davies and a youngster. That’s our depth. I was hoping for Barkley, indeed expecting Barkley to be a valuable sub but nowhere in sight again. We need to build again now if the right qualIty is available to keep pushing the incumbents. Dean spoke well and we’re way beyond our realistic expectations of the season to date.
Hasn't barkley been injury prone for a while? We might as well send him back to chelsea save the wages and get someone else in.

I take little from it AV Dave, I thought we played poorly in light of an average team in front of us there for the taking
Smith has said he was disappointed in our first half showing....first 15 minutes were like a practice match he said.
Two goals were giveaways. Even allowing for the soft penalty pogba was going nowhere with 3 villa defenders around him. From a throw in too.