Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Page 41 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

Defence was alright. I know Mings is apparently now a cross between satan and Lescott but really I didn't think there was much he could have done about the first goal. I don't care what anyone says he's being blamed because he's the whipping boy of the moment.

Completely agree.

BBC report.

Fernandes drilled his 11th league goal this season - and his fifth from the spot - into the bottom corner to punish Douglas Luiz's clip on Paul Pogba and hand United an eighth win in 10 games.

Nice to know a taxpayer funded outlet can't be arsed to watch the game and get their facts right.

We gave it our all but when Oliver is the ref then you know something controversial is coming and then throw in the biased Var towards these Red cheats and they got what they wanted.

I'm sorry to say but Watkins looks a busted flush at the moment and is missing chances he normally would put away. But then we have nobody better to give him and the team a break.

You have to ask the question just how many times are Manchester United going to be given penalties through blatant cheating and assisted by VAR?

33 penalties in 59 games for United and always just when they need a goal in a game:hmmm:

BBC report.

Fernandes drilled his 11th league goal this season - and his fifth from the spot - into the bottom corner to punish Douglas Luiz's clip on Paul Pogba and hand United an eighth win in 10 games.

Nice to know a taxpayer funded outlet can't be arsed to watch the game and get their facts right.

But the facts are the penalty was given and that’s why it was given.

We are a striker away from being top 6.
Sure Watkins had a couple of chances but mostly he was dealing with balls with his back to goal and actually not very good ones either. There is a goal machine in him if things can be figured out. So unlucky to lose.

Good effort and nice to go to Old Trafford as " equals " That just shows how far we have come. There will be more to come with a bit of patience. Its fine margins at this level. I will be surprised if Ollie is not given some help in this window.

Not VARs fault, ref gave it, so had to be clear and obvious. We'd have been gutted if that had happened to Jack in their area.

The gypsy curse still hangs over us, we need an exorcist to get rid of the bad JuJu.

It was always gonna be a penalty. When are managers gonna say to defenders... let the player go....but get back by him. He may miss, the keeper may save it....there are other defenders.