Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 314 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

I get your reasons Wurzel, did you vote for what you wanted solely, or did you consider a wider pool of people?

At the time of the vote I didn’t have kids, though I voted for remain on the basis that I didn’t want economic uncertainty over the next decade of my career (selfishly) and also - and perhaps more importantly - the freedom the being an EU member offered for my kids in the future I really value.
I voted because I wanted accountability, democracy, and I don't believe in the European project.

I voted because I wanted accountability, democracy, and I don't believe in the European project.

I get that, and you answered my question actually.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the EU is perfect, it’s getting bigger each decade and what a North Macedonia or one day a Moldova offers is nothing in reality - also not big enough to cause enough friction to bother incorporating.

I have a lot of exposure to Europeans who look at it more as a peace project, and another very good reason for it’s existence above all else.

I suspect our kids will have exposure to a big war at some point in their lifetimes, I can’t see it just being US and Russia proxy wars in the Middle East for 80 years, there has to be a blow up somewhere. Let’s just hope it’s not within Europe if the EU collapses

I didn't realise that Duncan is actually Ian Smith's middle name but he like to be called Ian Duncan Smith because it makes him sound posher.

Gives you some idea as to what kind of person he is.

A double-barrelled **** lol

Shame it wasn't Richard really, he could still use the D but at least it would be massively appropriate.

I didn't realise that Duncan is actually Ian Smith's middle name but he likes to be called Ian Duncan Smith because it makes him sound posher.

Gives you some idea as to what kind of person he is.

I call him IBS has a deliberate Freudian Slip 😏

I dont see how we have fostered such good will in Europe and the World, that we can 'dominate again'. But hey, I'd be chuffed if we could do that, in a positive and non explotative way.

To me, today, I have less rights than I had yesterday.

And I will have a lot more work to do.

I dont see how we have fostered such good will in Europe and the World, that we can 'dominate again'. But hey, I'd be chuffed if we could do that, in a positive and non explotative way.

To me, today, I have less rights than I had yesterday.

Our goodwill in Europe is gone, and I can count on one hand the articles on Leavers who are almost apologetic about leaving or very gracious about how we should move forward.

We need to keep Europe extremely, if only for the fact they can steal a big enough chunk of our economy to make a difference.

I feel like we’ve lost a bit of good will with where we were threatening to go with the backstop, how does anyone trust us with a deal if that’s our game?

Onward and upwards as you say, we can’t roll forward any more trade deals anymore already in place with the EU, let’s see how good we are. Little America is in the Atlantic all on its own!

There were a lot of fireworks around 11pm last night, were they Brexit related? I thought so, missus said new year.

Knowing IBS (Yes a deliberate Freudian Slip) it will be the empire as well.

The thing is it hasn't made any difference to our trade though. Yes, new deals have been signed.

There are just the same deals we had in the E.U. There is nothing better about them.

The E.U deal on trade is the same as before (££660 billion) the trouble is now customs, queues and bureaucracy now come into it which we didn't have before, as goods came through organically.

We now have all the additional paperwork etc we didn't have and as have lost a whole continent to work live travel and freedom of movement including goods and services.

Services haven't even been sorted yet. Project reality now comes in. Tbh has a #HardRemainer there is a relief this stage is over as we can move on to the next stage as the Brexit question isn't over

The remain alliances haven't disbanded. The Tories own this now. The realities will start to sink in overtime

If you're wondering why I say Brexit isn't over, the deal is due to be revisited in 2024, the same year as the next General Election. The Tories are going to have to bring it up in there next manifesto.

That is the place I think the E.U have left the door open for us. They are fully aware of the strength of feeling of the remainers in this country and in the expats. They are fully aware of the larger and larger proportion of, who regret voting leave.

Whilst the E.U have had enough of our government. They have not had enough of the people here. They have left "a light on for us" as in the words of Guy Verhofstadt. I have played a very tiny role the last couple of years in the work that has been done behind the scenes.

Having had much contact with lobbying here and talking to E.U MEPS such as Guy Verhofstadt and my own contacts who have spent hours and days with the E.U I know the E.U know this isn't over for us

We get the Labour government in then, they will revise and bring in closer bonds if they see fit where has the Tories won't.

The country and leavers who would still vote the same way or otherwise will get the chance to say what they see should be changed after 4 years of reality, of leave.

KS has played a blinder on this, speaking to the whole country and saying no more on it. Speaking to the whole country instead of ignoring half of us like the Tories have.

It leaves it right in the Tories hands as they will have to bring it up and the average person will be livid it is still ongoing. For those who think Brexit is over with. It isn't.

Michael Hestletime was already out today rallying the young people and remainers. As a campaigner I can tell you this issue hasn't gone away.

To hear more on this this link is to a well respected political commentator who explains it in more length. The 9 minutes is worth the time

Last edited: